Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Yay!!! Fellow OTH fans!! lol That makes me happyyy haha...
Echo - you are such an amazing motivator .. what would we do without you!
Sunni - I so hear you bout that Cafe on facebook.. holy addicting haha

I am back on track...I have decided to flux my calories a lil more from 1200 - 1700 through out the week..low days to higher... I also finally have nailed down a workout schedule that I thin will work... what do you think bout this...?

Strength Training - TBL Power Sculpt Monday, Wednesday and Fridays

Cardio - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays(x2 on Saturdays)

Break on Sundays

I am so happy to hear you all are doing so well and to all of the new ladies.. don't ever let yourself be too discouraged.. we are always here to help one another!!! I look forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other

here is my day today...

Breakfast - 1 pc. 14 grain toast, 1 Activia Apple n Blackberry yogurt, bananna

Morning Snack -
bran muffin and 2 clemintines

Lunch -
Slimfast Shake and a rice cake

Afternoon Snack -
19 mini Breton crackers and 30g of marble cheese

Supper - 1 90g peice of Tourtierre (a french acadien traditional chicken and pork pie)

Total Calories for the day - 1,249
got in my 8 glasses of water and my first session of Power Sculpt Level 1

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 10-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #122  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I walked at work today, the Fall weather is so nice and the trees are just starting to turn color here, it's all very pretty. I had a lower calorie day, I ended up at around 1200 for the day and felt satisfied. Tomorrow at lunch I plan on having the lunch provided at work which will be spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. I spoke with the chef and will be getting a half portion.

food for today:

water
coffee with fat free milk

water
3.5 oz fat free tuna salad with crackers
apple
banana
1 oz pretzels

water, water, water

water
turkey with cream sauce and pasta microwave meal
1 1/3 cups broccoli with 1 oz fat free mozzarella cheese
1 cup of baked beans

more water
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #123  

I had a rough night last night - my dog Sammy broke off his toenail on his way into the elevator and my husband and I spent a few hours at the emergency vets. Thankfully, Sammy's okay, but he is sporting a pretty killer cone at the moment.

My friend was with us and got McDonald's and I caved and had her bring me a small coke. I only drank half of it, but I still feel a little bad.

On the up side, I weighed in this morning for the week and am down four pounds to 281! I figure the weight loss is going to slow down a little in the next few weeks, but I'm enjoying the initial bigger numbers.

I hope everyone is off to a good start today!

And, Cape Breton, it sounds like you're definitely back on track! And the workout plan sounds great!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #124  
yoovie

I had a really healthy breakfast today (Kashi Strawberry Fields with a banana and coffee) and then I plopped down on the couch, grabbed my laptop to log my food before going to start my laundry- but when I plopped down on the couch, I totally burped and felt like the epitome of the Blob.

I actually rolled my own eyes at myself.

I want to go run now, but all my clothes that I can exercise in are in the wash. Since I don't feel like running naked and inflicting my jiggle on all of Brooklyn, I'll settle for free weights while I watch Robot Chicken on the DVR.

Oh yeah.. unstoppable? I'm lame!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #125  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoovie View Post
I had a really healthy breakfast today (Kashi Strawberry Fields with a banana and coffee) and then I plopped down on the couch, grabbed my laptop to log my food before going to start my laundry- but when I plopped down on the couch, I totally burped and felt like the epitome of the Blob.

I want to go run now, but all my clothes that I can exercise in are in the wash. Since I don't feel like running naked and inflicting my jiggle on all of Brooklyn, I'll settle for free weights while I watch Robot Chicken on the DVR.

Oh yeah.. unstoppable? I'm lame!
You and I are soulmates. That is all.

I LOVE robot chicken. I'm trapped without a TV here so I miss my cartoon network.

No worries, I'm in the same boat. I used to exercise daily, without much motivation needed and now I'm dragging. At least my food's under control, I guess.

Emily - sorry to hear about Sammy's toe! Oh, poor thing. Give him a hug for me. (I love dogs)

Hydra - Wow, I'm impressed you spoke to the chef. You're really determined! I could learn a thing or two from you.

Echo & Ang - You two are racing for a finish line with your weightloss, woohoo!! Good thing you guys aren't on the same Biggest Loser team or I'd be in tears right now.

I'm actually being FORCED into doing some actual work because my stupid internet or Cafe World (most likely Cafe World) is being SLOW and I got irritated enough to log off. Blah.

Food:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder. Today I took a break from oatmeal and had toasted semolina cake.

Lunch - Leftover hakka noodles with veggies from yesterday

Snack - 1 apple, 1 slice of carrot cake (with icing, oops) that we bought from the grocery store bakery. I just wanted something cakey.

Dinner - Um. Dunno. Yesterday I made puri bhajji, so today might be lower cal. I really love the lime rice idea I saw above so I might try that. I love anything rice-related. Hmmmm... *mind wheels turning*

*edit* making cilantro lime chicken with cumin, cinnamon flavored rice with peas and carrots. Yum.

Snack - 2 cups grapes

I'm really hankering for some cheese. I don't know why. I have feta cheese in the frig, but I really want string cheese. Oh well, it will pass.

Hope everyone has a good day today! For me, it's rainy out here so I'm inside trying to catch up on everything I've ignored.

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 10-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #126  
yoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
You and I are soulmates. That is all.

I LOVE robot chicken. I'm trapped without a TV here so I miss my cartoon network.

No worries, I'm in the same boat. I used to exercise daily, without much motivation needed and now I'm dragging. At least my food's under control, I guess.
You guess? Eating right is the hardest part for me. I won't even let myself buy anything with more than 2g of Saturated fat because I KNOW I'll eat it so fast it will be like it never existed!

You should make that one of your rewards. If you exercise more than a certain amount of time that day, later that night you can curl up with a health snack and watch a couple of episodes of the new Robot Chicken season on the interwebs. I love that they are 15 minutes long so I can do sets on each side of the one commercial break and after 2 episodes - I've finished my 30 minutes of strength training for the day.

Good job on eating well. No really, good job.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #127  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yay!!! Fellow OTH fans!! lol That makes me happyyy haha...
Echo - you are such an amazing motivator .. what would we do without you!

I am back on track...I have decided to flux my calories a lil more from 1200 - 1700 through out the week..low days to higher... I also finally have nailed down a workout schedule that I thin will work... what do you think bout this...?

Strength Training - TBL Power Sculpt Monday, Wednesday and Fridays

Cardio - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays(x2 on Saturdays)
awww thanks so much Angela !! so sweet of you

calories sounds great to me!!

your exercise sounds brilliant too!! and good that your resting on sundays.

hydra way to go on having a 1200 calorie day!

emily congrats on the 4lb loss thats awesome sorry to hear about sammy!! hope he gets better soon. poor little might

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoovie View Post

!
LOL thats really funny! i know what you mean. i've done like a burp (alone though !! ) and then giggled at myself afterwards lol

Quote:

Echo & Ang - You two are racing for a finish line with your weightloss, woohoo!! Good thing you guys aren't on the same Biggest Loser team or I'd be in tears right now.
LOL!! you crack me up!!

Last edited by Echo; 10-06-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #128  
Lose the holiday lbs!

still recovering from my cold. so didnt exercise. so rested but was extra careful with the calories !!

breakfast - water with benefiber. x 2 (30 cal)

lunch - 2 toasts (222 cal) 2 fried eggs (184 cal). ketchup (15 cal)
peppermint tea x 2 (4 cal)
honey - 11 cal

total calories breakfast >> 466 calories.

dinner =
stir fried cauliflower with oyster sauce - 100 g - 63 cal
baked mushrooms - 28g - 4 cal
low fat yoghurt - 118g - 74 cal
lettuce - 78g - 12 cal
hummus - 52g - 67 cal
(brown daal/curry) lentils - 88g - 90 cal

dessert - cinammon toast crunch cereal with semi skimmed milk = 115 cal

total calories for dinner = 425 calories.

total calories eaten today = 891 calories.

calories eaten = 891
calories burned = 215
calorie deficient = 1124
predicted loss = 0.32 lbs

haha i'm such a neurotic when it comes to counting calories, i'm such a nerd i actually really enjoy it lol!!

even though i ate 891 calories today. i'm completely satisfied.

Last edited by Echo; 10-06-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #129  
Here we go again...

My inty decided to conk out on me in the middle of writing this post... ugh.

Ok, so back to what I was saying...

Echo - I'm surprised you feel full at 891 cals. Maybe it's cause we're all so conditioned to think that 1200 is the minimum when in fact you can feel full on far less. I could eat a bag of baby carrots as a meal and feel incredibly full and the whole bag comes out to what 190 or 200 cals max? Or I could eat 2 tbsp of peanut butter and starve. Hehe. Good going though!

Forgot to answer your earlier question about the egg rolls. You can get wonton wrappers in the grocery store. There are two sizes sold here: a small 3 X 3 and a bigger 5X5 I think. I bought the smaller kind and I get one-bite eggrolls. They're the cutest! I'll be putting up the recipe on my blog soon, so if you're interested, check in in a few days.

Angela - Love that workout plan!

Yoovie - You know, I didn't think about it that way. I keep thinking that I have to be "perfect" in all aspects of my new lifestyle to see results, but the fact that I'm controlling my portion sizes and cutting down on unnecessary fats is contributing in it's own way.

Hydra - I LOVE watching the turning colors in the Fall. It's starting to happen here a bit and it's so beautiful. If it wasn't so rainy here, I'd be encouraged to go for a walk.

Decided I'm going to have cilantro lime chicken and coriander rice for dinner. For dessert, I'm going to have 1/2 cup of raspberry sorbet that I made. I can't believe how easy it is to make these foods that I used to buy because I didn't think I had the equipment. Anyhoo, hope all you ladies had a good day!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #130  

Echo, I'm surprised you feel full on 800 calories! I hope you feel 100% soon!

My confessions for today:

B: 1 cup special k red berries with 1 cup plain soy milk

L: I out with a friend at a local restaurant, so I'm not sure how healthy it was, but I tried to do my best: 1/2 grilled salmon sandwich on ciabatta (lettuce and tomato only), approx. 1 cup spring mix salad with vinaigrette

S: 2/3 cup cheerios snack mix, 1 carrot and 1 stalk celery with 1 tbsp hummus

D: 1 morningstar chicken patty with 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 cup green beans

E: 15 minutes stationary bike, 45 minutes on the treadmill

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-06-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

MOrning Ladies!! Sorry I didn't have time to check in last night... so am going to post for yesterday now.. lol
Echo - hope you feel better soon hun
Emily - you are doing great with your meal plans!! and 4 lbs. ... awesome!!
Sunni - k so yea your supper from last night sounded mm mm mm!!
Hydra - You are on a roll chicky.. keep it up!!

K heres yesterday...

Breakfast - 1 pc. 14 grain bread and 1 Activa Pear yogurt

Morning Snack - 2 clemintines & a bran muffin

Lunch - Slimfast Shake and an All Bran bar

Afternoon Snack - 20g of natural whole almonds and 30g. of marble cheese

Supper - Herb n Garlic Parmesan Ham Scramble (using 97g. of cut up ham, and 1 egg and 2 egg whites) and 1 pc. of 14 grain bread with 1 tsp. of Becel

I did TBL Cardio Max Level 2 --- holy kick my butt!! but felt incredible afterwards... oooo and guess what?? lol I am down another .4 of a pound this morning!! I think I have finally kicked it! woo hoo ..

Have great Day Ladies!!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 10-07-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #132  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:

Echo - I'm surprised you feel full at 891 cals. Maybe it's cause we're all so conditioned to think that 1200 is the minimum when in fact you can feel full on far less. I could eat a bag of baby carrots as a meal and feel incredibly full and the whole bag comes out to what 190 or 200 cals max? Or I could eat 2 tbsp of peanut butter and starve. Hehe. Good going though!

Forgot to answer your earlier question about the egg rolls. You can get wonton wrappers in the grocery store. There are two sizes sold here: a small 3 X 3 and a bigger 5X5 I think. I bought the smaller kind and I get one-bite eggrolls. They're the cutest! I'll be putting up the recipe on my blog soon, so if you're interested, check in in a few days.

Decided I'm going to have cilantro lime chicken and coriander rice for dinner. For dessert, I'm going to have 1/2 cup of raspberry sorbet that I made. I can't believe how easy it is to make these foods that I used to buy because I didn't think I had the equipment. Anyhoo, hope all you ladies had a good day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
Echo, I'm surprised you feel full on 800 calories! I hope you feel 100% soon!
l
hey Sunni and emily- thanks you guys. yah i was suprised too. i think its a combination of:

1. me not feeling well.

2. drinking LOTS of water! i'm trying to aim to drink 80oz of water which is about 2.3-2.4 litres of water.

and water is actually filling and makes you less hungry. great way to get rid of toxins too! and flush out your system. and increase your metabolism.

3. i DID feel hungry by the time i was in bed!! lol around 1am, by then noway was i going to eat, so just went to sleep.

4. i did no exerise and was sitting most of the day.

but yah i would never advocate dropping calorie intake below 1200.

----------

Sunni thanks for the recipe!! and will look out for it on your wonderful blog! you're such an amazing cook!! i'm so impressed

mmmm i love the sound of that lime rice meself!

thanks for explaining about the egg rolls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Echo - hope you feel better soon hun
thanks Angela!

--

great job everyone!!

today my aim is to drink 80 oz of water which is 9.5 cups of water, or just under 2.4 litres of water.

i want to exercise today aswell. so will do yoga

also need to start work on my minor corrections for my thesis.

have a great day girls!!

Last edited by Echo; 10-07-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #133  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn23 View Post
totally wit you
thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #134  
Here we go again...

Hey all, decided to check in earlier today. I haven't eaten anything yet, so this is a pointless post but whatever.

Echo - Glad you liked it! I might make it public soon... I LOVE cooking. When I lived with my parents, they got cable for my room because I only watched the Food Network whenever I watched TV and they couldn't take it anymore. Can't help it, there's something totally captivating about watching food being made.

Angela - Thanks! I'll be posting that recipe online too. Might as well publicize the blog here since I watch calories on my recipes, heh.

Chit chat time: Last night I saw the animated movie Coraline. The description said "kid-friendly" or something kid-related so I thought "oh cute movie, would be nice to see." Um. It's not kid-friendly. Unless the kid is 14+. That movie is CREEPY! It's a good movie though and the animation is EXCELLENT so it's definitely a must-see but if you get creeped out easily, make sure someone's with you. End review.

Also, I'm now addicted to apples.

Speaking of addiction, I'm off to Cafe World. *shameface*
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #135  
yoovie

Last night I had a chicken breast sliced thin and sauteed with fresh zucchini and minced garlic and a glass of red wine. Later I got the munchies and had 1 serving's worth of Triscuits and Craisins.

Today I had Special K fruit and yogurt with skim milk and a banana cut up in it, 2 bottles of water and a very depressing morning workout.

I would kill for some french fries.

<3

Closed Thread