Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #91  

Like Echo, I was too tired last night to post, so I'm going to play catch up now:

Yesterday:

B: 1 morningstar sausage patty, 2 clementines

L: 3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt with 10 raspberries and a drizzle of honey, 1/4 cup almonds, 3 chocolate covered cranberries, 1 nectarine

S: 2/3 cup cheerios snack mix

D: 2 cups whole wheat spaghetti (my small lunch got to me, whoops), .25 cups tomato paste, 2 roma tomatoes, 1/2 large zucchini, 1 tbsp olive oil

E: 1 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes weights

I'll check in tonight with today's confessions.

Hope everyone is having a great first day of October!

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-01-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #92  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Ugh, I'm pretty sure I won't show a decrease for this Sunday's weigh-in. It's cause I went to my parents' and ate more than I should've even though I controlled my portion sizes and I had no snacks. It's the weirdest thing! I'm getting back on plan now with diet and exercise so in the next couple of weeks I should be dropping again. How frustrating! Just last week, I was dropping steadily at least 0.2 lbs every day and now it's stalled. I'm at 158.8 this morning, which is only 1.5 lbs away from the weight I was before I left, but I feel like it's never going to come. Also, it's getting colder now, and my appetite always increases when it gets colder so this season is going to prove to be a bear in terms of dieting.

End rant.

Confessions for today:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder. Instant oatmeal (385 cals)

Snack - 1 ladoo (200 cals)

Lunch - 1 pizza (500 cals), 3 pieces of sushi (crappy, CRAPPY sushi) (130 cals)

Snack - 1 ladoo (200 cals)

Those ladoos (Indian sweet) are going to kill me, I know. Sigh. I need to limit it to one a day.

Cals so far: 1415
Range: 1600 - 1800

Dinner - homemade cilantro lime chicken + mexican beans and rice (350 cals) I'll have to calculate the calories and portion it out so I don't go over this calorie limit. The past few days since I've been back have definitely been in the 1800 - 2000 range (I think one day was 2200) so I know exactly why I've been maintaining. Back on track!!

Walked a mile when grocery shopping today. Will leave for a 3.5 mile walk in another 10 mins. That should make a dent in today's eating.

Happy 1st Oct to everyone! I'm happy Fall is finally here!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #93  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

you can do it sunni!!!

great job emily.
--

my confession for today. i had to Bring it with the exercise today. cause i'm gonna be eating pizza tommorow! gah
--------

workout 1:
1. p90x - legs and back - 1 hour
2. Ab ripper X - 16 minutes.
total calories burned = 200 calories.

workout 2

C25K week 1 day 3. plus extra brisk walking.
total time = 46 minutes and 50 seconds.
miles = 2.06 miles.
calories burned = 227 calories.

workout 3:

bike
calories burned = 400 calories.
time = 34 minutes and 30 seconds
8.8 miles.
level - 11
speed = 15-16 mph

brunch:
1/2 cup - stir fried chinese cauliflower with oyster sauce. - 113 cal
1/4 cup of red onion and tomato salad -20 cal
2 baked mushrooms with black pepper and mixed herbs (30g) - 4 cal.
low fat cottage cheese (onion and chive) - 30 g - 26 cal
8g low fat coriander and lemon hummus - 12 cal.
peach and yoghurt - 100 cal.
piece of extra gum - 5 cal.
cheese 20 g - 70 calories

total calories - brunch = >> 350 calories

snack : 3.30pm - carrot sticks (60g - 1 carrot) - 21 cal. and low fat hummus - coriander and lemon (40 g) - 58 cal.

total snack calories - 79 calories.

snack 2 - 3 tangerines - 134 calories

dinner:

stir fried chinese cauliflower with oyster sauce - 132 g = 267 cal
lentils - 100g = 165 cal
low fat cottage cheese - 24g = 139 cal
onion and tomato salad - 80g - 28 cal
12 g cinamon toast crunch cereal - 50 cal + 100ml of semi sk milk - 49 cal.
gum - 5 cal.

total dinner calories = 703 calories.

total calories eaten = 1266 c/d = 734
total calories burned = 1018.

total calorie deficient = 1752 = predicted loss of -0.51 lbs

Last edited by Echo; 10-01-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is having a good day.... I am still in a lil funk so to speak.. things have just been super stressful round here and work as well... and like i have whinned already t.o.m on top of all of it... blagh... need to get back on track with my exercise..I am totally derailed there... I am hoping to get back to it starting Saturday. I need to make myself a schedule, and with my food as well... i have not eaten horribly.. i know it could have been worse, but i just slacked on tracking it and snacked more here n there but i have stuck with having meals so happy with that... well I am off to watch some tv and crash for the night... thanks for listening to me whimp n whine... lol
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #95  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Did some exercise, walked on my break at work and after work. Stayed on track and under calories for the day even with getting dinner from Wendy's...I know bad but it was not so bad.

coffee with FF milk
water
banana
herbal tea

water
diet coke
1 oz raw almonds
1 cup diced apple in light syrup
3.30z bumble bee seafood salad with crackers

water
herbal iced tea
diet coke
1 grilled chicken breast sandwich
1 medium fry

The scale did move down a half pound and I plan to do a lot of walking this weekend so hopefully I will have more loss by my Sunday weigh in. I really like reading what everyone else is eating as I get some great ideas for myself. I am not much of a cook but I am learning to enjoy it and that is half the battle.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #96  

Cape Breton Chick, I hope you get out of your funk soon! The weekend should help!

Had a busy day today and my husband was home sick to boot - I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Today:

B: 1 cup special k red berries with 1 cup plain soy milk

L: 4 soy nuggets with 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 nectarine, 10 baby carrots, 1 small dill pickle

S: 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp crunchy organic peanut butter

D: 2/3 cup brown rice, 1 faux sausage, 1/2 cup kidney beans with celery and red bell pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil

E: 1 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the treadmill

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-01-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #97  

Morning Ladies!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.... I am officially back on track today.. lol had a good breakfast, doing some house cleaning then starting Week 3/Level 2 of TBL Cardio Max 6 week Maximim Results Program.... It is very cloudy, chilly and just plain fall-esque here today...so maybe get out for a little walk later, I love fall but I love chilly fall days much better when it is sunny though...
Even though I have had an "off" week and not been posting as much or "confessing" I have been lurking lol and still been here... I havent seen lot of you guys... i hope everyone is doing okay.. and hope to see everyone back here with me... thankks so much for being here... has kept me focused.. MUAH!

Echo - how was your pizza sleepover party?.. lol hope you had a blast!
Sunniiiiii - Girl... you doing okay?
Hydra - so happy to hear you are doing so good and staying so well on plan! your rawkin it girl!
Emily - Yes.. I am out of my funk.. well for the most part... haha TOM has finally retreated lol
Everyone Else - Welcome to all of the new ladies.. so happy to have more people join us!! Good Luck with all of your goals.. and know we are always here to help one another!!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 10-03-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #98  
Onederland - Gotcha

I walked on break at work and did a little of the callanetics program yesterday.

food for yesterday:
coffee with creamer
water

3.5 oz bumble bee fat free tuna salad with 6 crackers
yellow apple
6 oz light blueberry yogurt
1/2 oz of raw almonds

white turkey with cream sauce and pasta frozen meal *this was michelenas and not so good*
large salad with one oz FF cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp bacon bits, 2 tbsp reduced fat ranch dressing
1 oz craisins
herbal tea
water
diet coke

1/3 cup homemade tuna salad
16 gluten free cheddar crackers
1 small baked potato with 1 tbsp reduced fat ranch
herbal tea

I seem to have broke my plateau, i think exercising a little more and drinking more water and herb tea has helped.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #99  

Hey Ladies.. I was just watching Dr.Oz and there were two twins on there who are losing weight.. and have hit plateaus, and Dr. Oz has had some great advice and gave an equation for burning calories that made sense to me... and about how cardio exercise is important but we only burn calories while we are doing the exercise, and if we add in the strength training, by adding weights/strength training our body will continue to burn calories in between the workouts as well... here is the link.. click on Twins who lost weight... http://www.doctoroz.com/
Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #100  

I'm having a great fall weekend so far - I hope everyone else is as well!

Yesterday:

B: 1 cup special k red berries with 1 cup plain soy milk and 1 banana

L: PB & J sandwich (one slice of whole wheat bread, 1/2 tbsp raspberry jam, 1/2 tbsp crunchy organic peanut butter) carrots, celery with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 carton of Trader Joe's pomegranate nonfat greek yogurt

S: 1 square swiss milk chocolate

D: 6 inch subway veggie sandwich on wheat with oil and vinegar and cheddar cheese

No exercise, but I did successfully avoid popcorn at the movies, so woo!

Today:

B: 1 cup special k red berries with 1 cup plain soy milk and 1 banana

L: Burger King Veggie Burger no mayo, 1 cup red seedless grapes

S: 1 carton Trader Joe's honey nonfat greek yogurt

D: 2 slices homemade pizza on whole wheat dough with roma tomatoes and basil

E: Park expedition with my husband and my dog. Walking, stair climbing, and jogging up and down the hill with the puppy.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #101  
Here we go again...

Hey gals, here I am!! I've been MIA because I've been too ashamed/embarrased to list every.single.thing I ate. Um, it was a lot. Let's just leave it at that. As I whined in the Red Team biggest Losers thread, I know exactly why I'm hovering. It's those sweets that my mom made that I can't resist. UGH!! Today I made my game plan. I put everything in Fitday that I was planning on eating. I haven't done this in the past week, which is probably why I derailed. I actually stuck to it!!! I was so proud of myself. Yeah, I ended up going over by 45 cals, but I did take a walk today so I'm sure the 45 will be canceled out. At least, I hope it will be, crud.

Anyway, here's my food confessions (lots):

Breffix: 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, Instant oatmeal

Snack: 1 banana

Lunch: Healthy choice steamer, ravioli

Snack: 1 laddoo (mom-made sweet) I actually didn't scarf 4 today, so I'm giving myself backpats.

Dinner: 1 cup white rice, 1/2 cup plain NF yogurt, 1/2 cup roasted bell peppers and potatoes and 1/2 cup chickpea curry (came out a little salty)

Dessert: Dinner was spicy! I could've had another laddoo, but I decided to have 1 cup of grapes instead. *backpats* Haha.

Exercise:

2.7 mile walk. I wanted it to be 3.5 miles but we took a new route just because we were getting bored with the old one. Oh well, time to find another route or stick to the old.

---------------
I'm happy to see those that are staying on track - it keeps us derailers motivated!!! For those in the same boat as me (derailing), let's kick butt and get back on track!! We can do it!! Now I just need to heed my own advice, haha.

I'll probably check back in later tonight. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to see a teensy weensy drop in weight so I know I'm on the right track. Hehe.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #102  
Onederland - Gotcha

BF was going to grill out steak tonight but decided not to. Stayed under plan today, kept it a lower calorie day and tomorrow I will allow myself 1700 to 1800 calories, instead of 1500. I am sitting at about 1,100 for today and I feel fine and full, no snackies tonight for me.

herbal tea, oat straw with pennyroyal today
coffee with fat free milk

1/2 cup homemade tuna salad
2 slices gluten free bread
small salad with reduced fat ranch
herbal tea

10 strawberries
coffee with fat free milk
2 shrimp egg rolls
1/2 cup white rice
1 cup steamed veggies
herbal tea
water
Old 10-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #103  

Hope everyone's enjoying a relaxing Sunday!

Here are my confessions for the day:

B: 1 banana, 2 pumpkin pancakes (mix made with applesauce instead of eggs, ICBINBL, and soy milk) - each pancake was 120 calories and super yummy!

L: 1 morningstar vegan griller with 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 cup steamed green beans

S: Trader Joe's pomegranate nonfat greek yogurt (5.3 oz)

E: 1 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 15 minutes of weights

Dinner will either be whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce or black beans and lime rice - I'll let the hubby decide!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #104  
Here we go again...

Hi gals! I'm SO excited - I dropped to 157.7 this AM!! Whew... that means it was just an overload of cals because of those sweets. Even though I knew it was the cause, just had to confirm, hehe.

Onward with today's confessions:

Food:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, Instant oatmeal

Snack - 1 banana, 1/2 an apple

Lunch - 1/3 of a pizza, 1 laddoo

Dinner - 1 cup cooked white rice, 1/2 cup roasted bell peppers and potatoes, 2/3 cup chickpea curry.

Dessert - 1 laddoo (shameface)

Well, at least I know it's the last one so it won't be a distraction in the future.

Exercise confession:

30 mins tennis. I made sure to jog whenever I retrieved the ball, so maybe it counted as more exercise?

Everything's in on Fitday and my total cals came out to 1877. Sigh. Tomorrow's another day so I'll do better tomorrow. How's everyone else's day going? I've been lazy this weekend. Time to get cracking... it's always been difficult for me to be motivated during the weekend. It's ingrained in me to take those two days and either have fun or laze. Hope everyone's ok.

Ang - How'd you manage to get your cafe world score so high??? Gimme some tips!!

Echo - Where are you, chica? We miss you!

Hydra - You are ROCKIN' the cals!

Emily - Your diet is SO healthy, way to go!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Exercise--30 minutes fast walk; 20 minutes weights. Eh, should have done more, but also had yard work to do, so that should count for a bit.

Breakfast--1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp. Stevia, coffee, water

Lunch--1 cup vegetable soup, 1 Joseph's pita with sliced turkey lettuce and tomatoes, water

Snack--1 cup raw veggies with 2 Tbs. hummus, water

Dinner--1 curried chicken breast, grilled green beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup raita, 1 Tbs. chutney, water, a few sips of my husband's wine

Treat--homemade peach sorbet
Closed Thread