Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

Default Cruise!

my mum and i have booked our cruise for next year, April. I would love to loose 50 lbs... its my newest goal. Right now i am loosing about a 1lb a week, since i have started my weight loss. How can i increase my weekly weigh loss. (im extremely happy with the 1lb a week). Any good tips to speed it up just a little?

What about secrets to keeping motivated and staying on goal...

> I dont think will be enough... lol
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Congrats on what you've lost so far and keep it up! If I was feeling like I was doing everything I can with the food side, I would consider adding some resistance training. You could look at some resistance band exercise. I don't know what you are already doing cardio wise but maybe even just add an extra 30 min of walking a couple times a week and see what happens.

I wouldn't worry too much about a random round number you could shoot for and look more at what behaviors you want to do for the next 6 mos and especially focus on how you will sustain them across the holidays.

HTH! I loved my cruise last year and am considering one for this February. It's a lot of fun.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Cruises are awesome! My hubby and I went on one for a honeymoon and plan on doing another one sometime next year

If you can, I'd do some strength training Building muscle will make you burn MORE FAT! And no, you won't bulk up, only men bulk up, women TONE

Last edited by beerab; 09-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

I love cruises!! They are like the best vacation you could ever take. My wife and I have been on a few and took another one in June of this year for our honeymoon. I warn you now though it is very hard to stay on plan. The average weight gain is 5-10 pound son a cruise. I gained 10 on our honeymoon cruise lol.

For losing wieght faster I would just say be very strict on your eating plan make sure you don't go over calories and try to cut out any extra bad food you might be eating and get into some weights.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

The cruise will be a great motivator for you! I've been lucky enough to do a lot of traveling, and you know what sucks??? The fact that I look AWFUL and so chubby in all the pictures! Me in front of the Eiffel Tower, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, expect I look so FAT in my vacation photos. I'm really hoping to never go back to that point. I want to actually like my vacation photos instead of being afraid to frame them due to my appearance.

So you can do it! Lose that weight, go on that cruise and feel fabulous about yourself and your vacation photos!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone!!
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #7  

Great work on the losses so far! And having your cruise to focus on will be excellent motivation!

I don't know what you're doing now (and 1 pound a week is a nice healthy number) but if you want to increase it a bit (I lost about 2 per week which is also healthy - you don't want to see more than that or it's tough to maintain) try incorporating more exercise (3-4 days a week) doing both resistance (weights) and cardio, review your diet and make sure you are drinking lots of water (at least 8 glasses a day) and plenty of veggies, and keep processed foods to a minimum.

Good luck!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #8  

I'm cruising next year as well. I also have a few other trips planned. Knowing this helps keep me motivated to lose. The more we make our reservations, the more I realize I need to be more consistent with my exercise.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote