Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default 30 day shred?

does this work? i know JM gets a lot of respect on here, so ive been thinking about trying it. im a little confused about the program tho, is it 3 20 minute workouts per day? do you do them all in a row? is it recommended for people who are beginners? is it really "30 days", or do you have to keep doing it permanently to keep the weight off? is there a special diet to follow?

the "up to 20 lbs" claims are making me skeptical..

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-08-2009 at 09:31 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

It is the most effective workout video I have ever had!!! I seriously mean it...it is hard though, but if you follow modifications you can do it as a beginner. (I just started level 3 today). No, you don't do 3 workouts a day...level one for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days level 3 for 10 days. I seriously noticed a difference after 3 workouts (of level one)...my mom noticed too! I say it is worth a try!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I like Jillian's workouts including 30DS.

There's a few threads around about it if you want to check them out, here's a couple I know of but I am sure there are others -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...pport-2-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...day-shred.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...uth-beach.html
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Oh and also, if you have On Demand with your cable company, they have all 3 levels of 30DS plus NMTZ and BFBM from Jillian on there.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
is it really "30 days", or do you have to keep doing it permanently to keep the weight off? is there a special diet to follow?

the "up to 20 lbs" claims are making me skeptical..
anything you do to lose weight you'll have to continue doing to keep the weight off.

the 20 pounds is a bit exaggerated and more for selling the video. There is a Making the Cut book which is a 30 day bootcamp, but the book workouts don't really follow the video. The diet is nothing that we don't already know, she just has you find out what type of oxidizer you are.

it's a good workout, some jumping around and pushups so it's a tough workout if you aren't fit, that is all, nothing magical about it.

if you have netflix I think they have all of Jillian's workouts in the watch now section.

Last edited by ringmaster; 09-08-2009 at 10:05 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

I´ve tried it... i´m still in level 1 but it sure is great .. and hard!!!
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #7  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
anything you do to lose weight you'll have to continue doing to keep the weight off.

the 20 pounds is a bit exaggerated and more for selling the video. There is a Making the Cut book which is a 30 day bootcamp, but the book workouts don't really follow the video. The diet is nothing that we don't already know, she just has you find out what type of oxidizer you are.

it's a good workout, some jumping around and pushups so it's a tough workout if you aren't fit, that is all, nothing magical about it.

if you have netflix I think they have all of Jillian's workouts in the watch now section.
right, i realize that. so what do you do? keep doing level 3 every day after that? i guess i just meant that "30 day shred" makes it sound like theres some "30 day" factor to it, like maybe it's an induction to a different routine or something.. im clueless.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #8  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescelestus View Post
It is the most effective workout video I have ever had!!! I seriously mean it...it is hard though, but if you follow modifications you can do it as a beginner. (I just started level 3 today). No, you don't do 3 workouts a day...level one for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days level 3 for 10 days. I seriously noticed a difference after 3 workouts (of level one)...my mom noticed too! I say it is worth a try!
how long are the workouts? i kept reading that it was 20 minutes 3x/day or something?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

you can keep doing the 30 day shred or other exercise. it's a tough workout, but there are a lot of good exercise videos out there. Jillian has a few more workouts you could move on to next, or theres the Firm, Beachbody, etc..

30DS is 20 minutes a day, you'd do phase 1 for 10 days, phase 2 10, and phase 3 10 days. each cycle is supposed to make you fit enough in 10 days to move on to the next cycle, but some people stick to one phase longer if the next one is too hard.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote