Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Am I ever going to lose this weight?

It feels like I am always struggling to lose weight. Ill lose 10 pounds and fall off the wagon. Then when I get back on I fall off that day. Like today I did very good til lunch then I went to wendys. And i had a salad at work I just didnt want to eat it. Its pathetic I know. Why cant I do it? Why am I always so quick to eat garbage. I dont understand. I am now upset and depressed. Is there someone who I can talk to, like a professional that deals just with weight issues? Ughhh That just ruined my day. And I was so pumped. Guess ill have to not bring my debit card to work then I have to eat what I brought. The thing is I loveeee salad even when I wasnt dieting. Its just like I love to ruin my diet
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I am sure there is someone whom you could talk to.

Don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect. For me, I just refuse to let myself fall off plan..my health is too important to me now.

Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You're going to lose weight when you're ready to commit to eating better and doing good things for yourself.

If you don't want to eat salad - then don't eat salad. Diets do not equal 100% salads 100% of the time.

If you are quick to eat garbage - quit eating it. If you can't handle it in moderation or as a limited part of a healthy diet, then STOP EATING IT.

Last edited by Glory87; 09-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Yes! YES! You WILL lose the weight! IF you choose to! And IF you commit to a long-term eating plan that fits with your lifestyle. It IS that easy.

So just breathe, stop the "all or nothing" I'm on a diet or I'm a failure mentality, research some plans that let you work your food preferences into your lifestyle, and go for it. You CAN do this, you know. Lots of us have.

You might find success with calorie counting or with Weight Watchers. You know that on WW, you CAN go to Wendy's, right? You CAN have pizza and whatever you like, as long as you account for what you eat. Cause if you don't account for it, your bottom will do it for you!!! OR, you may find that sugar/processed foods are a huge trigger and choose to limit your intake of these foods. WhatEVER it is, you need to FIND the plan and COMMIT to it. We all started somewheres, you know. Those who have lost alot have just found the plan that is the right fit for their lifestyles. For me, it is WW cause darn it, I like my Subway and Harvey's and Tim Hortons. But I can account for it and manage it. For others, whole foods works great. Still others go to higher protein/low starchy carb plans. But you GOTTA find the plan and work it. If you do and you are CONSISTENT, you'll make it. You just need to choose to do so.

Oh, and forgive yourself those less than 100% days and just carry on. I don't think there is a single person here who hasn't had less than 100% days. The difference is that they didn't give up. They forgave themselves and just moved forward...

:hug;

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 09-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Yes! YES! You WILL lose the weight! IF you choose to! And IF you commit to a long-term eating plan that fits with your lifestyle. It IS that easy.

So just breathe, stop the "all or nothing" I'm on a diet or I'm a failure mentality, research some plans that let you work your food preferences into your lifestyle, and go for it. You CAN do this, you know. Lots of us have.

You might find success with calorie counting or with Weight Watchers. You know that on WW, you CAN go to Wendy's, right? You CAN have pizza and whatever you like, as long as you account for what you eat. Cause if you don't account for it, your bottom will do it for you!!! OR, you may find that sugar/processed foods are a huge trigger and choose to limit your intake of these foods. WhatEVER it is, you need to FIND the plan and COMMIT to it. We all started somewheres, you know. Those who have lost alot have just found the plan that is the right fit for their lifestyles. For me, it is WW cause darn it, I like my Subway and Harvey's and Tim Hortons. But I can account for it and manage it. For others, whole foods works great. Still others go to higher protein/low starchy carb plans. But you GOTTA find the plan and work it. If you do and you are CONSISTENT, you'll make it. You just need to choose to do so.

Oh, and forgive yourself those less than 100% days and just carry on. I don't think there is a single person here who hasn't had less than 100% days. The difference is that they didn't give up. They forgave themselves and just moved forward...

:hug;

Kira
I couldn't have said it better, so I'll just say AMEN!!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think also what helps is finding what works for you.

I started this counting calories- after just over 20 lbs my loss has stalled. Finally spoke to my doctor she recommended south beach. I've looked it over and figure I can do it. I started yesterday and I had a HUGE headache yesterday but today am feeling much better.

If you are currently doing something you feel doesn't work then I suggest trying something else

Good luck! Don't give up!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #7  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Of Course You Will, If You Believe In Yourself

What kiramira said is sound advice.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #8  

Your day is not ruined! Each time you put something into your mouth, you have a choice. Just because you screwed up at lunch, doesn't mean you should let your dinner go too. Try, try again.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #9  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Wow! kiramira said everything I was going to say and more and better.

So, since I'm a librarian, I'll add a couple of book recommendations:
The End of Overeating by David Kessler will be an eye opener if, like me, proccessed foods are triggers
The Complete Beck Diet for Life and The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck are great books for answering those questions you asked. She specializes in Cognitive Behavior techniques. So she explains why we don't behave in ways we know would be helpful and how to change our behaviors for the better -- she would probably approve of leaving the debit card at home if that's what helps!
Oh, and if you like the Beck books, there's a 3FC thread for discussing them each month under General Diet Plans and Questions.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 09-08-2009 at 05:17 PM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #10  
Running With Scissors

S/C/G: 178/175/150

Height: 5'3

everyone falls off the wagon sometimes. people have good days and not so good days. you just can't give up. work at it! you have plenty of people here who give you oodles of encouragement and will always be here to listen and lend you support when you need it!
indiegrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #11  

You bet you'll lose the weight! I tried for years to drop weight (started out at 262.4 pounds and am now at 141 with 14 to go!) I never ACTUALLY believed I would which led to me falling off the wagon. Then I decided to get a trainer and some focused workout routines - even still it took a few months before everything sank in and I REALLY believed I could lose it. Once I flipped that switch in my head there was no turning back.

There are still hard days - I'm struggling now because I'm close to goal and the weight loss has slowed a bit, but I'm determined to stick with it.

Find what you need to make yourself believe you can do it (and believe me - you CAN!) and you'll be off and running.
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry Breanna. I wish I could lose the weight for you. I hope you will lose the weight someday, but I think in order to do it you need to be damn sick and tired of being fat and know that fast food (and junk food in general) is not your friend. I read here and other places all the time that moderation is the key, but I truly believe that sometimes, for some people, moderation does NOT work. SOME people have to give up certain things entirely to finally be free of them. I think most of the people who fail are the ones who say, "I'll never give up______! (fill in the blank with some junk food).

Also millions of people die fat, and I'm sure they wished they could have lost weight. They just didn't. Just wanting it is not enough.

This is my humble openion.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 09-08-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #13  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I'm sorry Breanna. I wish I could lose the weight for you. I hope you will lose the weight someday, but I think in order to do it you need to be damn sick and tired of being fat and know that fast food (and junk food in general) is not your friend. I read here and other places all the time that moderation is the key, but I truly believe that sometimes, for some people, moderation does NOT work. SOME people have to give up certain things entirely to finally be free of them. I think most of the people who fail are the ones who say, "I'll never give up______! (fill in the blank with some junk food).

Also millions of people die fat, and I'm sure they wished they could have lost weight. They just didn't. Just wanting it is not enough.

i agree, i think some of us sort of had to hit "bottom". mine was when i was over 220 and didnt want to go anywhere because i was so ashamed of myself. i barely let them take pics of me at my OWN wedding. i didnt even wanted to see my own family at christmas. new years eve, i decided this was my bottom and i decided that i WASNT giving myself a choice this time. giving up was/is not an option. do i want to sometimes? YES! do i think about it? YES! but i dont quit because i made this commitment and i decided that night that even if it took 10 years i wasnt giving up. even if i stay on this plateau for 6 months i wont give up. will i whine and ***** and complain and talk about how i want to give up? absolutely! but its not an option for me.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post

I agree with this.

Do it for yourself Breanna. Make yourself and your health a priority today
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #15  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
It feels like I am always struggling to lose weight. Ill lose 10 pounds and fall off the wagon. Then when I get back on I fall off that day. Like today I did very good til lunch then I went to wendys. And i had a salad at work I just didnt want to eat it. Its pathetic I know. Why cant I do it? Why am I always so quick to eat garbage. I dont understand. I am now upset and depressed. Is there someone who I can talk to, like a professional that deals just with weight issues? Ughhh That just ruined my day. And I was so pumped. Guess ill have to not bring my debit card to work then I have to eat what I brought. The thing is I loveeee salad even when I wasnt dieting. Its just like I love to ruin my diet
Wow, can I relate to this! The self sabotage! I don't know why I do it, I just know I do, but in spite of it I am losing. I still sabotage when I reach mini goals ( I call em victories), but it's almost wierd how I will eat when I get close or hit, then I will continue on the way I am doing and keep losing, but it's almost like fighting yourself...LOL... that's the only way I know how to put it. Journaling helps.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote