Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 12:51 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #194

WELCOME

We are a group of people working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 07-27-2002, 01:07 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning everyone. Regulars and lurkers alike.
You can sure tell it is summer. Everyone is off and running.

Lucky... you have been a saint posting and keeping us on our toes. Thanks for all of your efforts.

I was headed for bed and thought... One more peek before I catch some zzzzz. I saw we needed a new thread for the weekend. Looks like a lot of people are traveling this weekend.
My daughter and I are going to see my parents either Sat or Sun. Probably Sunday. I think we just want to have some FUN together Saturday.

My food is still going GREAT !! I feel a sense of "freedom". I am not thinking about food and even have to remind myself to eat. That is something new for me. I have done pretty good drinking only water too. Now someday... I am going to have to exercise more. Speaking of exercise... it is Sit up SAturday !! I need to something physcial today. In this heat anything is physcial. LOL It is over 100 nowadays here. TooHOT for this ole girl.

Well.. I am off to bed. Thought for today is a repeat but worth repeating....
"Cravings are like stray cats... they keep coming back as long as you feed them."
Old 07-27-2002, 08:57 AM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Wow 2Cute..100*....its funny how we think the weather we have is about the same everywhere! We had a heat wave last week and this past week its been in the 70's! Its really nice. I haven't had the a/c on for almost a week now! Just the ceiling fans to keep the air moving! Today we are suppose to hit the 90's again and for the next few days anyway! I don't miss it and don't look forward to it! I hate the heat!

Well, I have news to report...I got a part-time job doing medical billing. Something new for me to learn! I need a challenge!! Last night we went out with some friends and Nicole said her cousin is looking for someone to do medical billing for alot more money so she is going to check that out for me! It would be full time. I need to get structure back in my life so I can stop wandering into the kitchen all day long!

I have been busy cleaning this house too! Lucky I think they have a section on the flylady.net for working people too! I just know that even working full time I can handle 15 minutes of decluttering and/or cleaning a day plus my regular cleaning when I decide to do it! Its just a matter of getting organized and getting a nighttime and morning routine established. I have been doing really well. I invested in some Mr. Clean and clorox wipes and every morning after we are all done in the bathroom I wipe everything down and it stays clean. I make the bed as soon as we are both out of it and I have a morning routine with breakfast, dishes and getting dressed. At night I already get stuff ready for the crockpot in the morning (When I'm working) and make lunches and get our clothes ready for the next day. It makes things so much easier and less rushed!

Wow! I just babbled up a storm. Well Andrew and I are off to the grocery store for a few things. I'll catch up to you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-27-2002, 10:17 AM   #4  

Michelle, Michelle: Do you need special training for the medical billing job? I have been trying to get work in the closest town to my farm and the only positions there seem to be at the hospital.

I always get everything ready for the next morning too, it just starts my day off smoother. How do you handle all the emails. I was overwhelmed. By the time I got through them I didn't have time to post here.

2Cute Sounds like you will have a good weekend with your daughter.

I wonder where Baylee and Malia are? They haven't posted in a few days and that is unusual.

Malia is probably off talking to some Hawaiian German!!!

I keep watching our thread number move on up and can't wait for it to go OVER 300. (the number in the name of our
thread)

Stay cool.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:55 AM   #5  

Okay, Michelle, you got me subscribing to FlyLady again.

One thing I love are timers....I have a coffee pot that comes on before I get up and will shut off automatically if I forget to shut it off. I find these types of conveniences help cut down on worry and stress.

Actually my house isn't too bad, if I don't count the basement. More of a celler really and I don't even go down there or use it unless I have to flip a circut breaker.

I don't know if I have ever said but I moved to the family farm a year ago because my Dad is in a nursing home and he didn't want the place sitting empty. So, I had to combine all of my belongings and his into one small house. This place only has two closets, one in each bedroom.

But I was so lucky because my Dad is a collector...of everything. There are buildings of "stuff" here. Okay, I will admit I have collections too but they are nice and orderly: cups & saucers; sugar & creamers; cottage pictures; clowns; oriental things; dolls to name a few.

I would like to clean out one building and use it for stuff most people have closets for!!!!

Okay enough on the wrong topic for this thread.

Off to eat then get ready for my Aunt & Uncles 50th Anniversay party.

Later.

Old 07-27-2002, 01:07 PM   #6  

Talking I'M BAAACK!

DID EVERYONE MISS ME?!

After 10 hours of driving yesterday, we're back from the Big Apple. We stayed in a great hotel about a block from Time Square in Manhattan. Very swanky! As it was my first time there, we did all the standard touristy things: Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, etc... We also saw Ground Zero. The crater left from the twin towers is massive. For the first time, I could truly understand why it took so long to clear out!

As I posted just before I left, my goal for my week in NYC was to not gain any weight. For the last 2 months, I've consistently lost weight every week but I didn't want to try and do the impossible and make myself miserable. We had to eat out every meal! With that said, I believe my last post said I'd lost a total of 34 pounds. As of this morning, it's 35 pounds so I did alright!!!

I haven't had a chance yet to read through ALL the posts since I left but I did check out a few.

Duckie... I think it was you that asked if anyone had ever heard of someone losing weight while pregnant. I've had that same question myself. What if I got pregnant right now? Would I have to postpone my weight loss? I would HATE to do that! I understand you being concerned! While I don't really know the answer to that question, I did have a friend that lost a lot of weight during her pregnancy because somehow the pregnancy corrected some sort of hormonal imbalance she had. The baby was born really healthy too!

Sorry, I can't post too many replies right now as I've got a million post-trip errands to do PLUS my hubby is DYING to use his computer. I think he's going through withdrawal!

Hi to everyone... Lucky, Thin, Michelle, Baylee, Kat, Susie, Malia, 2Cute, Mary, and and any newbies out there! I really missed EVERYONE and I'm excited to be back here, losing weight! I hope to make my 35 pounds into 40 in the next couple of weeks!

See you all VERY soon,
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 07-27-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 04:39 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Well whoever said it was fun to walk at the zoo in 90 degree weather on the first day of Mother Nature, must have been nutts!!! I'm home and glad of it. Back to my little airconditioned office, talking to my friends.

Most of the animals thought it was too dang hot out too. Lots were in hiding. The highlight, however, was the baby zebra. He was so cute. Following his mom all around the pen. Oh....and the second highlight was taking the train back to the main entrance instead of DH making me walk it!

Mary: You are just a 'party girl'. It seems like there's always a get-together, luncheon or party of some sort that you're going to. A real social butterfly, you are!

Lucky: You got a new little avatar. She looks calm. * Cute how you want the thread number to climb and the scale number to go down!

Michelle: Wow, congrats on the new job. A little structure is what I need in my life too. I need to stop the drive thru window routine for lunch and fast food for dinner.

2cute: Hope you and your daughter are having some great fun. That is great news about your dad. I bet he is just delighted!

Sara: Glad to see you back from your trip and that you had a great time. You also did great losing while you were gone. Nice bonus, but it just means you were really paying attention while you were away. Good for you!

Ok, now seriously, I will probably not bother you again until next Wednesday or Thursday. We are leaving in the morning for up north. See ya when I get back. Love to all!
Old 07-27-2002, 07:35 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Thin have a good time wherever you are going. We will be here when you get back!

Lucky...as far as the emails? Mine all go into a bulk mail bin so they don't overtake my regular emails. Most of them are just reminders anyway and once you know your routine you can just delete them. The titles will always be the same so you know what the message is going to say. I think they are working on a set up for working people so they don't get the emails all day long. My house is so much cleaner already and its just been over a week. My kitchen is all decluttered except I just have to clean out the microwave cart, under the sink and one small cabinet with my baking pans. My bedroom is all delcuttered except I still need to get some of the winter clothes out of the closet. Next week we start on the living room. I already cleaned out the junk under the entertainment center because I was looking for something today. I sat on the floor opened the two doors and make two piles...keep stuff and throw away stuff. I just have to bag up the throw away stuff now. Its sitting on the floor. So thats one job already out of the way. I just take 15 minutes at a time. I set the microwave timer and go to it. You can really get rid of alot of craaap in 15 minutes. I have a box of yard sale stuff too. I just kept adding to it. Stuff thats too good to throw out. I think John thinks I hired someone to come in and clean this week! He is amazed! I keep my hotspots like the butcher block table and the kitchen table cleaned off. I just walk by and take not even 5 minutes to dispose of something if its lingering!!

Sara welcome back! You were surely missed! Great job on the loss while you were away for the week! Thats determination!!
And good eating habits already established!!

Well its time to get my little guy in his pj's and get john's lunch made for tomorrow and make sure my sink is clean! LOL Talk at you all later.

Michelle
Old 07-27-2002, 09:25 PM   #9  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I did it...I did it....

Well, I just stopped in to let you all know that I finally did it.....I got my 50 pound star today. I am now officially 51 pounds down since rejoining WW and 70 pounds down from my highest weight. I was so shocked. I actually lost 3 pounds (that's 7 in two weeks).

So to celebrate, I bought myself some new walking shoes ($55--OUCH) and a few new shirts and a pair of shorts. Kohl's was having a nice clearance sale, so I splurged.

I put my 50 pound magnet on the refrigerator and added my new 5 pound star to my ribbon. This has really been a struggle to get to, so I appreciated getting it even more. I am just not one of those people who can lose 100 pounds in a year.

Anyhow, my Sister-in-law got her 15 pound star as she has lost 17.5 pounds total. She is doing great, and I am so happy that she is coming with me. We are planning on walking tomorrow at a new track, as the old one attracted some sort of freaky guy, so it doesn't appear to be as 'safe' as we thought. I probably will go back there, but the other place is actually closer to my house, so we will see.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my good news with you all, as you have been here through all my trials and tribulations. Thanks for supporting me.
Old 07-27-2002, 09:44 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Talking Hello there, my little darlin's

And how are we all doing, this fine evening?

Lucky, it looks like you've been holding down the fort...atta girl!

Well...I'm home for a few weeks...three to be exact, then we're off to Maine...this past week was nice, but it wasn't MY vacation...just me and my son horning in on my sister's family vacation! It was kind of a waste, going back down...we never got back to the beach, the weather just did not want to cooperate...that is, til it was time to leave yesterday afternoon. About 1/2 hr before we left, the sun came out in all it's glory...warm and wonderful, after a dreary, drizzly day. And so, off into the sunset I drove...heading, once again, to Philly...I was travelling from a different point than I usually do, so I really had to pay attention to the roads (not just throw it into cruise control like usual) I couldn't see a blessed sign, because of the sun in my eyes...I told my son he had to be my navigator, could he please put the *@%# Gameboy down for 5 minutes and read the road signs for me??? I was pretty well stressed when we got there...but calming down...we loaded up my daughter and were heading out of the city when she asked if we could "just stop for a sec so she could return some videos for a friend?" Stop?? Where the **** do you stop in the city?? There's no parking anywhere... I pull over into a no parking zone, thinking she just had to run around the corner, I should be okay for a few minutes...of course I was told to move it by a kindly officer of the law...thinking I could just drive around the block and back again, I left...and enountered enough one way streets til I had no idea which way to get back to the one I left her on...I knew the general direction I wanted to get to, but did not know the name of the street that she was on. Panic started to set in...I am NOT a good city driver...Stressing, I drove around a few times til I thought, AHA!! I'll call her cell phone!!!...I managed to dial her number....and heard the jingle in the back seat of my car...*^&$^%#^()*&&%#@#%$^&*@$&*#...Smart child that she is, she called my husband (at work) from a pay phone and told him what the deal was...he called ME to tell me her location...but I could not get to that point directly and drove around and around a million one way streets, trying to figure out how to get there (later she told me how she saw me drive by a few times)...I was cursing, crying, praying...my poor son was saying, "Mom, you are really scaring me!" Yeah well I was scaring myself! Not to mention that my gas was running quite low...Finally, she called dh back, told him to tell me to just STOP anywhere, let her know the location and she would come to me...I stopped right on Broad St, in the heart of the city, and waited...DARING a cop to tell me to move..."Go ahead, make my day!" She finally got in the car...about 45 minutes after I first dropped her off...I didn't know whether to kill her or kiss her...and guess what??? I'm going back tomorrow!!!! AND back to work tomorrow night!

I'm still not sure what time yet tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon...I will give you a call when I know for sure, Michelle, maybe we can do a spur of the moment meeting, if you're not busy...I ended up getting off at your exit for gas and took the kids to the McDonalds across from Denny's...I would have called if I had had the presence of mind to bring your number in the first place and if my hair was not standing on end from pulling it out of my head!! So I scoffed a Quarter pounder with cheese instead! And fries...oh yeah.

Well...I'll be back...I have spent so much time here, sharing my tale of woe...I forgot I'd told my son that we'd watch "Harry Potter" tonight...he's been tapping his toes for a while now waiting for me...it's the least I can do, after scaring the crap out of him yesterday!

I really missed all of you and have lots of replies to catch up on...
so...as Gen MacArthur said...

I shall return...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-27-2002 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 09:55 PM   #11  

Angry Just checking in!

Hi all!

See?! I told you I'd be back VERY soon. I was just taking a second to read a few of the posts...er... posted while I was away!

First off, I want to say congratulations to Michelle on her new medical billing job! Should I keep my fingers crossed for that better paying full-time job? It always nice to have more than one offer!

Susie... Wow! 70 pounds down is FANTASTIC! It takes a lot of will power and losing it slowly, as we all know, is the best way to do it in the long run! It's nice that your SIL is doing WW with you. It's good to be surrounded by ppl that are eating the same way as you; they don't put pressure on you, intentional or not, to eat in a manner you shouldn't be eating!

2Cute... I read the story you copied and posted about the bettle in the chocolate chips! It was absolutely disgusting... but I couldn't stop reading despite all the warnings to do so! I have to try using that imagery when I'm being tempted!

Thin... Have a good time up north! Talk to you later in the week!

Baylee... Where the heck are you kid? Is Malia still away too?

Ladies, come out, come out where ever you are!

TTFN
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 07-28-2002 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 09:58 PM   #12  

Default Hi Kat!

Kat... just wanted to say hi! We were posting at the same time.

Sounds like you could use a massage! Do you think your DH would be game?

Back soon,
Sara
Old 07-27-2002, 10:01 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Sara...my dh is snoring his little heart out as we speak...so much for a massage!
Old 07-28-2002, 02:36 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default Told ya I'd be back...

So, I see what you mean about the sparsity of posts! Well, it's the weekend, it's summer, people have lives, who knows? I like how we just fade in and out...some days you're here all the time, other days, not...but we always manage to get back here somehow...right, 2cute? I knew you wouldn't go far...I'm so happy for your dad...this will go a long way in boosting his confidence, AND his health, I'm sure.

Sara...I'm so glad you enjoyed the city, isn't it just an amazing place?...AND you managed to lose weight! That is awesome! Did you see a show?

Thin...I hope your trip up north is nice and relaxing...you deserve some R&R!! Hey, did you get that snazzy shot of your dh and the baboon's hiney?

Susie...that is wonderful...I am so proud of you...you are an inspiration! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal!!

Michelle...great news on the job! Still have my fingers crossed for mine...should know something this week...I have to admit that I am a struggling Flybaby too...I love FlyLady! She has made such a difference in my home and how I care for it...I have come a long way since subscribing...I don't read all the emails, Lucky...just the subject...it's enough to REMIND me...and then I delete them...I can't say enough good about her, so I'll stop...I could go on and on!

Ducky...I think if you want to get pregnant, establishing the good eating habits NOW, can only help later. Although you should not try to diet (lose weight) while pregnant, eating properly will help you not to gain so much. I gained about 75 lbs when I carried my daughter... I finally lost about 35 lbs 4 years later and got pregnant with my son! Second time around I gained less than 30 lbs because I was eating much better than before. It sounds like you are doing great, keep it up!

Lucky...Are there Dr's offices near or affiliated with the hospital? Or radiology suites, rehab offices, outpatient labs? They all need billers, or any workers, for that matter.
Hey! Is that a picture of you, up to your eyeballs in snow? I love snow, but that may be about 3 feet more than I'm willing to shovel!!!

Mary...thin is right, you ARE the social butterfly! How is the new job going? We are on a new job kick around here, aren't we? Change is good.

Baylee... are you having fun with grandkids this weekend? Hope all is well with you.

Malia...Please don't scamper off to Europe without telling us Auf Wiedersehen!

Tina baby...how is that good old family get together coming along? Bless you my child...stay sane....try....

I think that's everyone...I hope I didn't miss anyone...time for for me...

Diet wise...another new day, new week, new diet is dawning for me...Time to get myself in gear...get serious...get losing! I will draw on the strength of all you LOSERS and get my butt moving!

See you all later...

Old 07-28-2002, 09:41 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning all
Hope all of you are just peachy today.

Susie: Congrats on the 70 lb. loss thats great.

Katrina: The new job doesn't officially start till Thurs. but it is going fine I guess. I went shopping yesterday and bought some things to mix and match with what I already have. I got a nice pair of slacks. three tops and a denim skirt. So I won't have to go nacked.(Now thats a horrible thought)
I do not do well driving in large cities either. Give me small towns any day.

Hope all the rest of you have a good day and I'll catch all of you later. I have to eat grab a bath and go buy food for next week.
Closed Thread