Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 08:18 AM   #46  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs down Another day at the spa

Good Morning, Majesties of the Queendom Long may you rule!

Ahhhh! Made it through a day. YAY!

Today's challenge is much like yesterday's:

Today:

Keep intake under 35 points.

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, tai chi class

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Your Majesties!
xo
babette
Old 07-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #47  

Default Twitchy Tuesday

All hail the Royal Court! Good morning, Highnesses!

My challenge today is not food related, but to accomplish some much needed tasks on the home front.

#1 Clean out bedroom closet.

#2 Re-organize the kitchen cabinets. When we moved here 7 years ago my kids were babies and I made the kitchen kid accessible. They're not babies anymore and can reach what I can reach and can be trusted to use a glass for drinking, as opposed to plastic, so I can get rid of the baby sippy cups and plastic cartoon character dishes. I don't know if it makes me happy or sad to arrange my home for 4 adults, instead of 2 and 2 little ones.

#3 Beg, plead, badger, cajole, bribe and/or threaten DS to shovel out his bedroom. I'm honestly afraid to go in there.

I sincerely fear these goals are too ambitious, the closet alone may be a 2 or 3 day chore, but I'll give it a go. The reward of coming back to the spa this evening (and locating that cute towel boy) will keep me going.

Have a lovely one,
upandaway
Old 07-23-2002, 01:36 PM   #48  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning Queens, Empress and Goddess' du'jour

It is Tuesday, I want it to be Friday. Does anyone have a wand I could wave? Mine's at home....

Empress Amarantha - You've achieved more challenges than you did not. So the calorie moratoriam was breached... passing by the convenience food store is (imo) a huge victory. Tomarrow is yet another wonderful day...

Queen Babette - Congratulations in your 1 day victory! Here's to a whole bunch more of them all lined up! Now, as for passing the bug around... I'm sure Filbert won't mind. It's his job to be as disgusting and repulsive as possible. I think visualizations of *any* sort work. Such is the stuff of magick....

Queen Upandaway - Ya know, that amount of cleaning and redoing IS considered exercise. I bet if you hollared at DS about his room enough you could consider it ab work too.

Today was a 2nd day of success in the "no pre-breakfast munchies" challenge. If I can do this for a couple week I just may have to come up with something else!

Bowing and scraping...

Terri
Old 07-23-2002, 02:08 PM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Red face Midday Madness Challenge

Since Empress Amarantha worked until 3 a.m. to earn enough money to keep the empire solvent, she slept and readeth a novel until now. However, not to fear, as the butler (Maitland) brought her snacks during this period, so that her calorie level for the first part of the day would not dip too low to sustain life. She's at 1300 right now and HER ONLY CHALLENGE TODAY IS A CALORIC MORATORIUM OF 1899. Can she do it? She thinks so, as the cook (Randall) is a deft hand with spa cuisine and promises a wonderful dinner to enjoy before entering the NO FOOD ZONE, which is not a part of today's challenge but only a faint hope. Exercise is a given, so not worth mentioning. Weights are needed to reduce Amarantha's immense stress and luckily the really fit spa weight room attendant (Elbert the Pirate) is waiting to help Amarantha strengthen and tone her imperial muscles.

Amarantha is so immensely cheered by reading the posts of all CHALLENGERS on this thread and apologizes for not doing personal replies, but by the time she types all this stuff, she's outta time, so she'll just say good-night, Gracie!

168/167.5/135

Old 07-23-2002, 03:56 PM   #50  

Excuse me, but which way to the massuese? These poor old muscles are tired and sore. My throat hurts from 'bargaining' with the boy about the hovel and I need a tall, cool drink.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:08 PM   #51  

Angry I did it again!

Got through another day, that is!

Food /Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk/ 7
1 c soy milk / 2
1/2 c 2% milk / 1
tuna on ww pita / 7
zucchini spears / 0
pesto on kamut rotini /8
Greek salad /5
glass of white wine /2
Total = 32

3 mile walk, 2 sets of circuits, 1 hour tai chi class
>3L water
8 fruits/veggies

Burned 7 points!

The day is not yet over, but I'm claiming victory now. I'm off to tai chi class in a few minutes, and they don't serve snacks! Then I may try to spend some of my birthday money. I don't expect to change anything here this evening. Have fun at the spa, Girlfriends!

xo
babette

Last edited by Arabella; 07-23-2002 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:20 PM   #52  

Default Tuesday

I think I love this idea of a one day challenge! Queen Amarantha is a genius! Today, I packed 4 boxes for our upcoming move, drank 9 glasses of water (goal is 12) and stayed OP. Thank you Amarantha, your loyal subjects need some immediate accomplishments!!!

Old 07-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #53  
You can do it!

Good Afternoon...I'm trying my best! One day at a time!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:41 AM   #54  

Angry Great Rejoicing throughout the Queendom

Good Morning, Your Royal Highnesses!

I RAN!!! I was going to walk through the woods at the park, stopping to do a set of tai chi on the path facing the harbour. As I walked into the woods (where I used to run years ago) I thought: "I think I can run" And I did! I just took it easy and kept to the soft path inst. of pavement or boardwalk and it went fine!

Today's challenge is much like yesterday's:

Today:

Keep intake under 35 points.

3 mile run, 1 mile walk (approx), set of tai chi - DONE!

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Your Majesties! (Don't you think we should have a tiara'd smiley?) I'm off to the spa...
xo
babette
Old 07-24-2002, 08:37 AM   #55  

Default Did it , done it, GOT IT DONE!

Be it known to all residents and lurkers of Queen Amarantha's Kingdom of peace and tranquility that Queen Upandaway achieved her Challenge of yesterday.

The closet is the cleanest, most orderly closet this royal court member has ever seen it. I sorted, I stacked, stored and stashed. I even (gasp!) threw stuff out!! On a sadder note, DH didn't even notice. Why did I ever think he would?

The kitchen cabinets now resemble the home of adults and I have to admit I don't miss the Flintstones dishes and Scooby Doo jelly jar glasses one bit. Neither do the two half-grown strangers living here who claim to be my children. (I have my doubts)

Best of all, royalty, DS actually did a pretty decent job on the cave all by himself. Three trash bags full of I don't know what, don't want to know, please don't tell me; one box of 'get rid of these' old toys and two storage boxes for stuff he can't yet part with and one entire load of laundry that came from who knows where-- and viola! I can enter his sacred domain without fear for my health. And wonder of wonders I didn't have to beat him into submission, just some gentle (ok, maybe none to gentle) nagging did the trick.

Today my challenges include:

#1 Shop for groceries and actually USE the list and coupons

#2 Take DD shopping for school clothes and not go over budget!
(This one will make the great closet/bedroom adventures look like a walk in the park, folks!)

Have a great day all!

upandaway
Old 07-24-2002, 09:24 AM   #56  

Talking Good job, Queen Upandaway!

Congrats, congrats on meeting your challenge. I find that everything is so connected -- getting me in shape, getting my house in shape, getting my life in shape. Oh, it's a long road and I've barely started, but if I keep going i'll get there! Yay for you getting that stuff done!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:52 AM   #57  
Empress/Queen

Post Warning, Long & Some OT

BE IT KNOWN: The important point is below. Amarantha couldn't get on last night because of storms but SHE MADETH HER CALORIC CHALLENGE, ending at 1720, AND easily trekked across the NO FOOD ZONE from 9 p.m. to midnight (and beyond). Woo-hoo for the Empress Amarantha!

Amarantha's Daily Challenge for Wednesday Beith: A Caloric Moratorium of 1799! That's it! SHE'S GONNA DO IT!

Welcome to LYD!! I can't see your post from where I am, so know I've abbreviated the name, but hello ... and the best is the best anyone can hope for ONE DAY AT A TIME! Congratulations on wherever that journey takes you today! Come back and tell us how it went!

BE IT KNOWN (HERE'S THE POINT): That Empress Amarantha couldn't concur more in the concepts presented by Queen Upandaway and HRH, Arabella the Wood Nymph that all goals accomplished in living what some 12-step programs refer to (not proselytzing a religion, so hope this doesn't offend, just trying to explain what I'm thinking about) as moving in a GOOD, ORDERLY DIRECTION ... a way that some 12-step participants have explained their concept of a higer power that resonates to them. So, their RHs Upandaway and Babette/Arabella have underscored what I think also ... that fitness and for me, the struggle against obesity, is linked to total lifestyle and can't be isolated. So in that spirit, I've gone back to my practice of writing a to-do list in the morning in which I include all the things I wish to accomplish during the day, including fitness and even the fun stuff. Part of that was to post on 3FC, so I've done that. The rest is NOT my challenge, just a list of stuff to get done.

WOO-HOO TO ALL ROYAL SPA GOERS WHO MADETH THEIR CHALLENGES AND/OR GAVE IT A GOOD TRY! A HUGE WOO-HOO TO THE RUNNER IN HRH ARABELLA THE WOOD NYMPH!!! SHE INSPIRETH THE LATENT RUNNER IN ME TO HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!

Amarantha apologizes for the length of this proclamation, but would like to send along a note to all kingdoms about the GOOD NEWS story in the news today of seven-year old Erica Pratt's daring escape from kidnappers. In a world of negativity, stress and pain, Erica's spirit affirms my belief in the resliency of the human spirit ... and she's only seven! Think what all the grown-ups could accomplish if they believed in themselves as much as Erica must have to do what she did.

168/167.5/135

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-24-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:02 AM   #58  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello your Highnesses!

Blew my challenge at 5:20am this morning. Good news is that this is my last loaf of sourdough and I can only buy it in CA. Since I'm probably postponing my vacation I'll be without it a few months. A good thing, I think!

For the remainder of the day - stay with my pre-planned menu despite my slip. I will not starve myself to "make up" for the slip. I have gotten up, brushed off and am continuing on my journey.
I guess if you trip on a rock while you're walking you don't turn around and go back right??

Babette - You RULE!!! I've always thought, while I'm hot-footin' it on my walks "god it would feel good to break out and run like I used to". But, I don't. 230+ pounds and the boobs that come with it are dangerous when running. I will run again though! Like I used to, run until you can feel that good ache in your sides!

Upandaway - No, men don't notice things like that. They'll notice things that change THEIR pleasure and comfort. Having wonderfully spiffy cabinets and closets don't affect them a bit. You just enjoy the heck outta' them though!!!

Off to enjoy hump Wednesday... come on weekend!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:05 PM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Default The Empress resteth ...

Floating in the Olympic size indoor pool surrounded by Greek statuary under an azure skylight, the Empress Amarantha is awaiting her evening ice cream (one half cup of the good stuff at 160 calories, served in an itty bitty tiny child's dish) before taking a moonlight stroll across the desert, otherwise known as the No Food Zone.

Queen Punkinseed: The proverb about not going back to where you tripped on the rock is wonderful! You have hit the naileth on the headeth! Journey on!

Queen Cindelier: The Empress Amarantha sends thanks for your assertion that she is a genius! However, she can't take credit for the One Day Challenge! She got the idea from eDiets!

To All: A good night. The masseuse and towel boy are around here somewhere. Elbert the Pirate is working out. He's also the chief of security at the spa and must stay strong to keep out villains such as the Evil Blob, whom no one has seen today.

168/167.5/135
Old 07-24-2002, 08:04 PM   #60  

Angry En route to the spa...

Just popping in to report on my day -- MADE IT!!! Yahoo!

Food / Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk / 4 (3 fruit)
1 c soy milk / 2
salad / 2 (2 veg)
2 whole wheat pita / 4
light cream cheese / 2
1 p fudge / 2
hoummous / 5
carrot & zucchini sticks / 0 (1 veg)
teriyaki salmon / 5
half sweet potato / 2 (1 veg)
broccoli / 0 (2 veg)
brown rice / 3
total / 33