Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy I didn't make goal (whine)

so I closed out August still 173 lbs. Now 3 lbs is not that far off from 170. But I still feel failure. I know I didn't exercise as much as I should and I ate a little more than my plan allowed...so I assume responsibility. It just sucks a little. I shouldn't beat myself up over 3 lbs. I should focus on the good I have accomplished.

Somebody reassure me!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Your body doesn't realize it has a deadline, it just responds to the things done to it. If you stuck to your plan like glue, or heck, even if you didn't, every pound lost is a step you don't have to take again.

Your loss is awesome, and ANY weight loss is a fabulous victory worth celebrating
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
I shouldn't beat myself up over 3 lbs. I should focus on the good I have accomplished.
thats the best advice i couldve offered! celebrate what you have done. as far as not sticking 100% on plan, no point thinking about "shoulda woulda coulda", youre losing and thats all that matters!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm surprised the police hasn't come by to arrest you - shame on you for not reaching your goal!!! Haha I'm just kidding You know better than I do that you've done an amazing job so far. There is no need to apologize for living your life so don't expect any of us to reprimand you for going over your calorie limits on a couple of days. Life happens and as long as you stay in control you'll get to where you want to be. Now go pat yourself on the back, go for a walk, and quit the whining because you are in fact a loser! (as in losing pounds!)
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

You're doing awesome!! But your experience is why I don't like time based goals. If you don't make them, they focus you on that - on the "failure" rather than the amazing SUCCESS!!!!! Keep your eye on that!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Gah, I hate the word failure.

You are NOT a failure. Please don't ever think that. Look back at what all you have accomplished!! hug:
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

jendiet, you are not a failure! Please don't beat yourself up over numbers on a stupid machine and dates on a calendar. Keep at it and you will succeed, I promise
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You could look at it this way: How the heck should you know exactly how much weight your body should lose in what time frame? Or even exactly how much calories and exercise it should take to lose x pounds without having your metabolism measured every day in a lab? Science can't do that. All the info we get is based on averages. You're right, it's crazy to expect that precision from yourself!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

THANKS everyone! I love the support from everyone! You are all doing awesome too!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #10  

Jennifer, I was 3lbs away from my goal this month too, so I know how bad it sucks. Everyone here is right, though. We should focus on our accomplishments and not some arbitrary goal weight. We LOST this month and that's what's important!

Let's ROCK September!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote