Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #16  
Running With Scissors

S/C/G: 178/175/150

Height: 5'3

it happens to everyone. i went into school at 150 and gained almost 30 lbs, and i wasn't even in college! So now i have to start all over again. It's frustrating but you can do it! just one pound at a time, one day at a time!
indiegrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I am so gald you feel so much better and you are making a concious decision to do this. I was gonna add my two cents but you have so much great advice already. All I can say is whatever plan you chose just stick with and stick with 3FC there is more encouragement and support on this site than you can dream of, and it just awesome to have someone who has been in your shoes and can understand. Good LUCK
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #18  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

It's funny how many people have been exactly in your shoes...myself included. I got up to 160 freshman year of college, then lost it sophomore year, then gained it back the remaining two. By senior year, I thought I was back up to 160, maaaybe 165, and well, look at my ticker--180!! That's when I mentally slapped myself out of denial and threw out my size 12s and bought the size 14s I should have been wearing. So I got some new clothes that FIT, which made me feel good about myself, which put me in a much better position to take a pro-active stance toward my fitness.

So that's my advice; do something that makes you feel good about yourself, and the process will look a lot easier, because you don't feel like there are x amt of pounds standing between you and happiness.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

sweetie, i agree with the other posters...that should motivate you to lose it even more. That goes to show you the scale is a useful reality check. That's why I wish I had weighed at least once a week, when I was starting to let myself go. Good news, is you aren't too far away. So just get started and hang with it.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2

Thanks so much everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a while... I've just moved cities for my third year of university.

The good news is that I'm now down to 163! I can't believe that I actually LOST weight during the move, as I ate out almost every meal for 3 days with my parents! I'm really proud of myself for making good choices!

I think the real challenge will be seeing how able I am to stick to my new lifestyle during the school year: it's hard to find time to eat right and exercise... and this is the time of year when I start eating bags of chips for dinner.

Right now I'm determined though. I just want to get out of the 160's and down to 158, and then make a promise to myself to never get to the point of being "obese" ever, ever again.

After years of eating disorders, this is the first step i've ever taken towards HEALTHY weight loss- and I really wouldn't have even lasted this long without all the advice and support on 3FC.

I can do this, I HAVE to do this. Thanks everyone <3
rose89 is offline   Reply With Quote