Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

Default Failing

I don't know what my problem has been. I haven't been to the gym since Thursday and haven't ate the greatest. I had salad for lunch both days this week and my normal dinners but I also had 2 sodas and a bag of small chips and a bag of m&ms! I feel so burnt out on eating good and going to the gym for some reason.

I am going to force myself to go to the gym tomorrow (I hope) I have been lucky and kept my weight at 297, but I am feeling really burnt out on all of this. Do any of you ever feel the same way and what do you do to get yourself motivated again. This is the first time I have felt like this or have been bad about eating and working out since I started.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

you are NOT failing. you havent given up AND you've lost 63lbs. that is not failure! this is just a few day "blip" where you're in a slump. think about how you felt 63 lbs ago, think about how far you've come! you can do it!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #3  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

You need to read this.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #4  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

you're not a failure. You've lost over 60 pounds!! Don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track. Start NOW. Minute by minute, hour by hour, try to make the best decisions possible and keep your goal in mind. You can do this! All is not lost!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yep, I've totally felt that way before, more than once. That perfectionist trap link has terrific advice.

I think for myself, replacing the bad habits with the good habits just led to moments where I "rebelled" (hey, I don't feel like exercising! and Man, I want to eat goodies! or the amount I want, or the fattening food). It's better to get a handle on it quickly than to let it stretch out, imho. Use some of Bob Greens tips, and I'd say for me changing my thinking and focusing helped. Reminding myself of my goals, taking it one day at a time, relaxing.

delete "fail" from your vocabulary. you've just met a challenge in the process you need to deal with.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

I appreciate the feedback helpful as always. That article was really good and a great way to look at it. Thank you all for the support! It's a new day and I'm ready to get back into the gym today which I will do and my eating is back on track. I can do this and need to take it one day at a time and relax every pound is a step in the right direction.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

In addition to perfectionism, I think we all have to recognize how hard it is to change habits long-term. When motivation flags, we are so so so so tempted to revert back to our old, comforting habits. We eat the foods we loved and skip exercise, and make what feel like good excuses ("I'm too tired/stressed/have no time for exercise"). These old habits are like that comfortable ratty bathrobe and slippers -- just feel good. The difference is the robe and slippers won't make us fat!!

I've certainly struggled with these exact issues, and it's hard to bring yourself back. I have to baby-step back when I get really off course.

You are not alone!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

You are NOT a failure!!! Don't ever think that or give up on the power of YOU!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

I've been right there with you. It's tough, but we need to keep going!
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

hey your probably just tired of doing the same old things try switching it up and do something you have never done =)
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote