Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

In the beginning I felt the same way. But you will be amazed at how fast time goes by and with the passing of each month the changes are amazing! Just picture yourself 3,6 and even 12 months out. It will help to motivate you.

11 pounds this month is truly awesome! You have alot to be proud of! Please do not get discouraged if next months loss isn't the same.....it will come off!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Totally understand how you feel..I know you know that the 11bs is fantastic, but it is really tough to keep going when you have that expanse of time ahead of you...i have lost pretty drastic amounts of weight a few times, so I know the feeling, at some stage or another along the path Usually when I start looking kinda like I am no longer obese, I feel like I have awoken from a daze of dieting, where I just don't know what kept me focused for those first 70 lbs or so.....
I think you just have to go to this other place for that first large chunk, where you think of nothing except each week's loss, and congratulating yourself on that!!

Last edited by Ellie R; 08-29-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #33  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Everyone had great advice so all I can say is...

11 pounds is 11 pounds...next weigh in, it might be another 11 pounds, and another, and another....till you are struggling to lose the last 11. Make a lifestyle change and your life will change!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #34  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

I know how you feel. I am 120 lbs overweight. That number is just horrific and I get discouraged by it. I am thinking of what my dad once told me, I didn't gain all this weight overnight so it will take time to come off. Also, he said I got to move it to lose it. Still doesn't help me though, I have to look at this in small goals. If I don't, I won't make it.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote