Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 06:22 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking For Some Dfw Losers #4.....

WELCOME TO ANYONE NEW!!

AND HOPE THE REST OF YOU MAKE IT HERE OK! TALK TO YOU ALL SOON.

feffyy.......
Old 06-13-2002, 10:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time.

Default Hi!

I'm here!

Wow Feffyy, sounds like things are going great, and it really doesn't sound like you should be worried about that plateau! Sounds like somebody's happy already ! I know what you're saying though, it makes you feel really good when they take notice! As for me, I'll probably start back slow, maybe just the treadmill and water walking. If my knee will allow? I don't know what I did to it, but ouch!
( Oh, we found the hamster )
I hear what you're saying about your eating, I was doing the same thing. I think that's why I gained instead of losing? I am really excited about this WW plan, thank you for noticing. My sister is doing great with it, and I eat now more I ever did! It's not even like a diet, how great is that!

Zoe, where are you? I hope everything is OK! I did good with my eating again, and drank even more water today. Oh, but have I been running to the bathroom! I baked chicken tonight, and it was so good!
> Got the recipe from WW online
> 4 Boneless skinless breasts , 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, and 3 Tbsp bacon bits and fat free swiss or mozerella cheese. Bake chicken for 35 mins. then add chicken soup and bake for another 15 mins. , then top with cheese and bacon bits and bake for 5 mins. and Voila!
Everyone loved it, Dh said it was so good that I need to make it and invite company over! So I guess that was he way of saying it was pretty good? Didn't exercise today, but my knee has been hurting pretty bad. I may end up going to the Doctor?

Well, I'm gonna go get ready for bed! Good night!

Last edited by mel17; 06-15-2002 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:53 PM   #3  

Angry

Hi all,

Well I started a new and (hopefully) improved diet today. What I have been doing is this diet I got from a friend of a friends Doctor. It was pretty strict, and really hard to find something to eat with out having to cook for an hour first. I think this is allot of the reason I haven't been eating during the day, also it is allot of repetive eating.

So what I am going to try now is not eat anything with more then 10% fat in it. (Susan Powter "stop the insanity") I have had one of her books for about 2 years, and today got it out and just started reading. I really think she has some good ideas! Then I went to the grocery store and loaded up on high volume low fat whole foods. Hope to see a difference soon on the scale! The way I look at it a cup of low fat yogurt and a banana has to be better then not eating at all right? I will keep you all up dated on how it goes ok!

Mel, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
It sounds like you are really doing great with WW! I hope your knee feels better soon so you can hit the jym! I think starting out with the treadmill will be awesome for you! I am going to have to try that recipe too, it sounds really good!

Hi Zoe, and Asta! How is everything going with you two?

Later for now

feffyy

265/219/138( 81 pounds to goal! )
Old 06-14-2002, 08:55 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Default Day #3

Hi girls,

I'm still going, OP and feeling very strong. Just wish the Fly. would stop eating bad food right in my face! Today on our way home from the lake I was getting pretty hungry, and we had to stop at Walmart to pick up a couple of things, so I got an apple for me. Well, Dh got a variety box of chips, and they each ate 4 bags! (Oh they smelled so good!!!) But I just sat over on my side of the truck with my 1pt. apple and tried to block them out, and I didn't have even 1 chip!

Feffyy, I hope that your new diet can move you past this plateau, but I know you'll get past it either way! I think you'll like that recipe, I know we did! I'm trying a new recipe, Italian Pork chops 6pts. I'm not to sure about them though? Maybe? I'll let you know!

Zoe, where are you? It's Friday!!! How are you? Still going too? Miss ya!

Going to see Scooby Doo !!!!
TTFN
Old 06-15-2002, 12:53 AM   #5  
One day at a time.

I forgot to tell ya that I won't be gettin to the gym yet! The knee is getting worse instead of better, now there is fluid behind my knee cap. I guess I'm going to call the Dr. on Monday, as bad as I hate to, but I'm really in a lot of pain now!

Still OP and feeling good, but I've been more hungry today, so I need to try and add more fiber to keep me full longer!
We pick up our camper tomorrow, we're so excited. I go to Louisiana next weekend, but after that we'll probably be spending weekends at the Lake! I can't wait!!!!

Oh, the other recipe was yummy too!
> 4 center cut pork chops (boneless)
> 2 Tbsp. light mayo
> 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour
> 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
> 1/4 C. bread crumbs
> 1 egg white
> 1 tsp. Italian seasoning

~Heat oven to 375F. In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning; mix well. In another shallow bowl, combine mayo and egg white; beat until smooth.
~lightly coat each chop with flour; dip into mayo mixture, coating both sides. Coat both side with bread crumb mixture. Place in glass baking dish coated with cooking spray; and spray top of each chop lightly. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until done.
Servings=4
estimated Points = 6

Well, I'm going get in bed! Nighty Night!
TTFN
Old 06-15-2002, 01:32 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Default Hi

Hello ladies!

I hope y'all don't mind, but I invited my sister in Louisiana to join us! Is that OK ?

We are getting ready to go get our camper, and I'm doing good OP today so far. I had another great day yesterday! Well, I'll BBL!

TTFN
Old 06-19-2002, 12:32 AM   #7  
One day at a time.

Default Anybody out there?

I went to my 2nd WW meeting tonight, and I'm so thrilled to report that I lost 8.8 lbs. !!!!!! I couldn't believe it when she wrote it down, I was shocked! To bad every week can't be you're first week! My knee is a little sore, but better than it was feeling! Well I hope all of you are doing good too!

TTFN
Old 06-19-2002, 05:57 PM   #8  

Angry

Hi friends!

WOW!!!! 8.8 pounds mel!!!!! That is so awesome!!
Sounds like WW is agreeing with you!

Well I didn't work out Monday, or Tuesday my stupid back went out and I just about couldn't move. But today it is feeling much better so I was back over there again today. I didn't do so hot on my eating the last couple of days either. Not horrible, but still not to great either. So there is still no change on the scale. (sigh) I am really starting to get stressed about going to see my family I wish I could loose 50 pounds overnight...

Well hopefully something will change soon....

ps. WELCOME MEL'S SISTER!

feffyy

Old 06-19-2002, 09:57 PM   #9  
One day at a time.

Default Hi!

Missed ya! Sorry to hear about your back, glad you're feeling better though! Take it easy on those work outs, and let it heal. You don't want to make it worse! I don't have long, I have to feed the puppies. Have a good night!
Old 06-25-2002, 03:07 AM   #10  

Just checking in...

Everything here is pretty much the same-o, same-o...

I am still at the same weight but still holding strong something has just got to change soon....

How is everyone doing? Good I hope!

feffyy
Old 06-25-2002, 07:59 AM   #11  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

Hi,

Glad you're still hanging in there Feffyy, you seem like a very strong willed person! Just keep up the good fight, and you'll get there. Have you tried journaling, it may help you see if there's any change you could make in your diet plan? Just a thought? I find that it keeps me from snacking and eating bad things, because I know I'll have to write it down. You'll do it, just remember that you are building muscle, and muscle burns more calories, so you'll see a difference soon, I'm sure of it! Have you ever done the WW plan? I love the points plan, and it's so easy because you can have what ever you want, as long as you stay with in your points range. It's the easiest thing I've ever done.
As for me, today marks the end of week 2, and I go weigh-in tonight! I'm a little excited and a little nervous! My sister went for her weigh-in yesterday morning and she lost 1.8lbs. and missed her 10% goal by .2, so she was bummed. But she still lost, and she's now in her 9th week OP, and she's lost a total of 17.8lbs!!!!!

Well, I've gotta go clean up, I went to my moms in La. and came home to a mess!

Talk to you later!
Old 06-27-2002, 03:08 AM   #12  

Hello

Glad to hear that you are doing so great Mel! No I have never tried the WW program but if this doesn't work what I am doing now, I was thinking of giving it a try. Let me know how it goes at your weigh-in ok! *crossing fingers for you*

I only have a sec, but just wanted to check in. Also Congrats to your sis!!! that is awesome!

Where is everyone?? Hope you all are having a great week!

feffyy

Old 06-30-2002, 01:06 PM   #13  
One day at a time.

Hi Feffyy,

We just got home this morning, been in La. My father in law passed away Wed. morning, and we rushed back to be with the family. I can't stay on now, maybe later?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:24 PM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends......(where is everyone???)....well, I'm sneaking in a note before we're out for the day. This is my last full day with my daughter Jenna as she leaves on a 12 noon flight tomorrow to go back home. My eating has been so BAD, BAD, BAD. Not to worry though......I will be back on track tomorrow morning (I say that as we plan to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory today....UGH!) and won't even get on the scale to see the damages. I will not weigh again until NEXT week.

I'll still be scarce since I will be leaving here Friday around noon for Seattle on a business trip and will be back late Monday night. It seems that my time is not my own anymore but once that trip is over, I think I can get back to normal......(normal? Did I say normal??)

Miss you guys.....

Zoe <><
Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #15  
One day at a time.

Hi, glad to hear y'all are doing good. Zoe, it doesn't matter that you didn't stay OP while Dd was here, what matters is what you do after she leaves! BUT, please have some cheese cake for me, I love that place!!! Well, my last weigh in was pretty good, I lost another 3.4 lbs. for a total of 15.8 lbs. I'm worried about weigh in tomorrow night though! My TOM is here, and I'm feeling a little bloated, even though I've been drinking all of my water! Feffyy, I love the WW plan, it's the easiest thing I've ever done! I really feel like I'm changing my eating habits, and less like I'm punishing myself! I actually eat more now than I did before I started WW!!!

Well, I guess I'll catch y'all later!
Have a good week!
Closed Thread