Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Default Commitment to myself

This is mostly just an accountablity post to myself.

This morning, already, for the first time in months I slipped off plan and ate 2 slices of cheese pizza. I am really upset with myself and almost got into the I give up mentality but I have come too far for that so I am making a deal with myself.

I will eat 1500 calories a day
1 will continue my 1.5 hours of cardio 5 times a week with 3 days of added full body w/s training
I will not even think about weighing myself until October 1st 2009 (it's best for my sanity)
I will not give up on myself
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

*HUGS*

I think if you wanted pizza and had two slices, then that is fine. You are allowed to eat what you want and you didn't do anything wrong. I understand your level of guilt you feel, i mean I feel it too at times when I feel like I've slipped up a bit.

Now if you binged and ate the whole pizza pie and then continuing to go on to cakes and pies, well then that is something, but you ate two slices and stopped. You ate sensibly in my opinion, but maybe that is just me.

Last week I craved pizza, so I got one of those small vegan ones and enjoyed that. I didn't feel it was off my diet plan as it is vegan, it was okay in health, and I enjoyed it and moved on to fruit and lettucey things, which I love.

*HUGS* Good plan on the no weighing. I friggin' obsess at times. I have to ban myself too hahahaha. You are an inspiration and personally, I don't see you giving up on your life goals and dreams.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 08-23-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

You've done so, so well so far. Of course you're not going to give up now! I know I speak for many when I say you are a huge inspiration to a lot of people on this site... and none of us want to see you disappear.

As long as you keep up what you just outlined, when you DO step on the scale in October, you will be very happy with what you see.

For what it's worth, I've had plenty of "I give up" days where I HAVE given in. Big time. I have them now and I had them when I first lost weight. Am I overweight again? Nope! Why? I gave up, gave in, then got right back on the healthy regime... also known as my life. And it's your life, too.

hang in there!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

ALSO, I MUST add... two slices of pizza is not that bad. It's ok to allow yourself a little somethin' every now and then. I ate half a large pizza and a whole box of cheesy bread once, I think you can live with yourself for having two slices.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

Awww you gals are the best! Thanks so much! I can always count on the folks here to help give me a boost when I am at a real low
Old 08-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Onederchic~Your name should be wonderfulchic!
You are a wonderful person~Who is doing fabulous~we all have a day we give in...And 2 slices of pizza was better than 3 or 4 or more!!!

So say to yourself~I slipped but it could have been worse...I got it all back together~I just had a hungry day And A bit of temptation and I have came to far to go back to my old ways. I have an Angel looking out for me(the hubby) And I will get to my goal and maintain Cause I am wonderfulchic & I ROCK!

Love ya girl~You are such an inspiration to me.I have total confidence in you!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Lori, you rock! Thanks so much for always being so supportive.

♥ you too!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #8  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

I so feel you! Yesterday I ate 2 mozzerella sticks, a little more than 1 grilled cheeses (supposedly wheat bread, and a bowl of ice cream. I felt like I murdered someone. LOL. But, because I generally dont fall that often I know its not a big deal. You have come a LONG way and your way to important to give up on!
HeatherEljohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Thank you, Heather!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #10  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Onder: Absolute perfection is a goal that can never be reached. I have a hard time with trying to eat perfectly ALL the time.. because when I don't and have something not "on plan" I tend to freak and beat myself up. Expecting perfection and beating ourselves up is totally not healthy. And I agree with the others - 2 slices of cheese pizza? Girl, that could have been SO much worse. You actually just ate a maintainers meal - consider it practice. You ate 2, you stopped.. now you are eating healthy again.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #11  
Resident Pixie

Thank you, HotWings . I am just always so dang hard on myself. I am sure because I am failed so many times at "dieting". It is not an easy transistion to give myself some slack and take in account all I have accomplished but I do try. Thanks again. Your comments mean a lot
Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Onderchic--two slices of pizza is such a minor blip on the radar. I think most people here can relate to how you are feeling. While I applaud people who can stay on their program 100% of the time, I think the majority of people who are struggling with weight loss have slipped up now and then. What makes this time different, though, is that you are determined not to give up. You have the right frame of mind, which is the only way, in my opinion, to get past these minor setbacks (I am convinced losing weight has such a mental component to it, which I am not sure I ever completely understood before). I think it great you are taking a break from weighing yourself for a month to restore your sanity. When you do weigh yourself again in October, you will be so glad you stuck it out.

I am rooting for you and I am so glad you are here because you have inspired me.

Keep on keeping on, Onderchick. It is worth the fight.

Your friend,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

Thank you very very much J!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

You're welcome.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #15  
Baby Stepping Along

Hang in there Michelle. You are doing great and you have a great plan there. It's all going to work out!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote