Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Default How much is your health worth to you?

Have a look at this awsome post I`ve been linked to:

http://nakedfoodcafe.blogspot.com/20...yle-worth.html

So true...
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yep, very true. Though I disagree with her concept of what diet is best for optimum health, I do agree that a big reason I stay on plan is because I value my body and want to give it good fuel. That's why I'm at the farmer's market, picking out local, in-season produce. That's why I cook every night. Because my body and my health are worth it.

Definitely food for thought!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the sentiment, however, I also disagree that the diet she proposes is the optimum diet for a healthy life.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I agree with Amanda and Rebound - that I disagree about what is the optimum healthy diet.

That being said, it was a very interesting way to put it. I do look back now and think how utterly ludicrous it was to be putting my very life on the line, not only with WHAT I was consuming, but the amounts as well. What WAS I thinking? How could I have thought so little about my health, my life??? I try not to dwell on it too much and am thankful that I was given the chance to transform my life and reverse much of the damage.

My food intake, which is directly related to my health is now a major priority in my life. And like Amanda, that is why I spend so much time choosing my produce and cooking all my meals. Now, what I eat matters to me. It is of the utmost of importance to me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #5  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

ditto here. good concept though to consider thanks!!!
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #6  

I`m not sure about her proposed way of life either, but it`s the other things she writes which touch a nerve. For me, it`s about the excuses we make.

We would do the most outrageous things to save another person`s live, but to save our own, we cannot even give up certain food items. Yet, if these food items cost a certain sum we would not buy them ever again.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
I`m not sure about her proposed way of life either, but it`s the other things she writes which touch a nerve. For me, it`s about the excuses we make.

We would do the most outrageous things to save another person`s live, but to save our own, we cannot even give up certain food items. Yet, if these food items cost a certain sum we would not buy them ever again.
Yes. It definitely touched a nerve with me too. In fact, I can't stop thinking about it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Yes. It definitely touched a nerve with me too. In fact, I can't stop thinking about it.
And me! I`ve printed this blog out for me to keep. We often think we "can`t" give up the things which caused our weight problems but this blogger managed to put it into perspective in a fantastic way! Scary, how much importance we put on certain foodstuff!