Got through the first week of P90X! yep.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • WOW! P90X...this is the best workout ive ever done! My back is hurting (good hurt), my legs, my butt! Oh my! If you want to challenge yourself and know your limits Do the P90X system! Its so worth it! I can barely lift my arms! My husband is doing it with me for support and he is already in great shape and he says its hard....If you want to get in shape buy the P90X.

Any questions?
  • I applaud you for doing P90X, my husband is on his second round and he has lost 20lbs, he hasn't missed a day, it is too hard core for me as I just got out of cast on both legs for peronial tendon tears so the jumping around kills me. It is definatly the hardest workout that I have seen with great results! I wish you luck.
    Jen
  • My sister-in-law is going through it now, week 2 I think. She's going to hand it off to me when she's done. Hopefully at that point I'll be more ready for it. I heard it's INTENSE! I don't want to hurt myself. But I'm excited to do it.
  • I have it and attempted it when I was a much higher weight but it wasn't happening

Congrats to you
  • My 19 year old son who is in the military just started it this week. He said boot camp was not as rough as the P90X. I think I am just going to wait to do it.
  • I'm sure I'm not in good enough shape to try it but i REALLY want to! I just don't want to go through all the scam crap by calling the info-mercial people. I heard they try to sell you vitamins and then charge your card for a bunch of extra crap....x.x

Is there any way to get it through another source?
  • Quote: I'm sure I'm not in good enough shape to try it but i REALLY want to! I just don't want to go through all the scam crap by calling the info-mercial people. I heard they try to sell you vitamins and then charge your card for a bunch of extra crap....x.x

I have to say that I had very unpleasant experience with BeachBody couple of years ago. I ordered something and they automatically forced their vitamins onto me. I don't even think they tried to sell them to me, they were just included automatically with my order and I was billed for them. I complained and they gave me an address where to mail them back (and I did) but I got never reimbursed. It was not exactly peanuts - approximately $35. Or I should say $40 because the original charge was of course in US$. I followed up a few times and then eventually I just didn't pursue it any longer, it was not worth the aggravation.
    But I swore to myself I would NEVER buy anything from BeachBody ever again. And I tend to keep my promises.

I got my P90X at my local fitness store (one that I like very much) and you know what? - it was actually cheaper than ordering from BeachBody. I think if you do order it from them, they charge you 3 payments of $39.99 (or something like that), plus S+H. I don't know how much is S+H - let's say $15.
    So this comes up to $135 US dollars (which would be roughly 150 Can$ ... something like that). I got it for $119 Canadian dollars.

You can buy it on eBay, you can get it on Amazon, and I am sure that your local fitness store may have it too.
    I read the reviews (on Amazon) before buying P90X and a NUMBER of people complained how BeachBody tries to sell them additional stuff. I really hate such tactics.
  • Quote: I'm sure I'm not in good enough shape to try it but i REALLY want to! I just don't want to go through all the scam crap by calling the info-mercial people. I heard they try to sell you vitamins and then charge your card for a bunch of extra crap....x.x

They do try and sell you all this other stuff but...all you have to do is say no...You can also buy it on amazon or ebay...this way you dont have to deal directly with beachbody.
  • My husband got his from a friend and burned the entire program , you can get all the nutrition manuals and stuff online.
  • Quote: My husband got his from a friend and burned the entire program , you can get all the nutrition manuals and stuff online.
    LOL....or you can do it that way! lol....I wish I knew someone with it...
  • My husband is on his week 1 right now. And every day he does his DVD he hopes he can make it through it . I've seen the dvds so I know the workouts are hard.

I'm not following the P90X system but I'm going to do kempo? (I think that's what it's called) today with my hubby. It will some variety to my cardio workout. I'm also thinking of doing the abx workout from the P90X.

Keep up the good work girls!!
  • Great job!

I see a ton of the DVDs on my local craigslist as well!
  • Quote: My husband is on his week 1 right now. And every day he does his DVD he hopes he can make it through it . I've seen the dvds so I know the workouts are hard.

I'm not following the P90X system but I'm going to do kempo? (I think that's what it's called) today with my hubby. It will some variety to my cardio workout. I'm also thinking of doing the abx workout from the P90X.

Keep up the good work girls!!
    I love your profile name! I wish I had made a creative name instead of my own...But yes its called kenpo x. Its one of the easiest workouts on the P90X system...My body hasnt stopped hurting yet! I better get a big payoff after the 90 days or im going to cry.
  • Im about to start P90X! Im so excited to try it! My brother started it a few months ago, and his body has leaned up so much. He looks great, and I need some serious toning work on my body, so he keeps preaching to me about it, so I did the abs with a friend last night and WOW. I totally could not finish it, BUT if I couldnt do a move, I just altered it to fit my capability, or did crunches. As long as I was doing SOMETHING! My old step teacher used to say "if you cant get the move, just keep moving" so I always try to remember. But I woke up this morning and my thighs and my abs feel so good. Great workout! Good luck!!
  • I have P90X but I didn't finish the rotation. I loved it, but I got bored of doing the same workouts all the time. I dreaded doing YogaX because it was so long. I really liked the weight workouts though and once I finish my current rotation I'll probably start using them again.

I really want Chalean Extreme but until it is available in stores or at Amazon I am not going to get it as I don't want to deal with Beachbody either.