Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #106  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

my confession for today
===

exercise = p90x : 35 minutes of plyometrics. and cool down and stretches and shin stretches.

lunch - 1 roti (heated in abit of rapeseed oil with stir fried mince lamb (no added oil) 2 slices of tomato and abit of yoghurt.
time taken to eat the meal - 19 minutes. felt satisfied.

dinner - 1 and 1/4 roti. with 1 cup of stir fried minced lamb. abit of salad.

time taken to eat - 20minutes. i should have chewed abit more. but i love mince lamb, its too scrummy.
feeling after dinner - full

then had an Apple squash 'martini' (non alcoholic)
(i have these martini glasses, i dont drink alcohol, but i love the cocktail glasses, my friend gave them to me), so i put abit of apple squash with some water and ice into a glass to mix, shake it about - and then pour it into the martini glass- and had that to finish my meal - lovely
i had a blackcurrent one after my lunch. its a nice way to end the meal

i like Cape breton's idea of a capful of 7up, so going to get a bottle and try that out too!!

total number of steps = 8317 steps

Last edited by Echo; 08-19-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

hey there ladies!!!... hope you all are doing well.. we are in the middle of a heat wave and I feel like I am melting tonight lol....
So here is todays run down

breakfast - carnatin instant breakfast shake and fresh strawberries

Snack - yogurt and 1/4 cup harvest crunch

Lunch - Meal Replacement Shake

1 liter n a half of water

Supper - Sweet potatoes again, chicken sandwich on multigrain bread, and cranberry n 7, 3/4c. key lime sherbet

Snack - 100cal. bag lays reg chips and 1/2 c. cranberry with splash of 7

I am just too hot to sit and chat tonight but will check in again tomorrow.. night ladies! hugs to all! n goodluck!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 08-19-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #108  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hey Cape! I learn so much from this board. I had the naive impression that all states/countries up north from me would be having much cooler weather, but apparently that's not the case! I would never have thought that NS would be hot (my idea of hot is 90+F) this time of year. Hubby and I want to visit NS and other parts of Canada by this time next year. Beautiful area you live in!!

Chit chat time: because I've confessed enough for today. Lessee. Hmm. I realize that I'm probably the sweatiest person that ever lived. Any kind of exercise no matter how strenous or easy will cause me to sweat. Not just sweat like have tiny droplets here and there. Nope, full out drenched sweat. It makes me feel fat for some reason. What's worse is that I used to think it was because of my weight and when I dropped it a few years ago, I *still* sweat as much. Today, I asked hubby if his parents sweat a lot and they don't (he doesn't). I thought about it and my parents do. Neither are overweight. So I'm destined to be a sweat-er. Not the wooly kind. Hehe. Wow, that was boring chit chat. I'm also really annoyed about this message I received a few days ago. I'm trying not to let things get to me and it still is, strangely enough. Grrr. Sorry for rambling - it's a personality trait. 'Night all.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #109  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
hey there ladies!!!... hope you all are doing well..
well done Cape!! you are doing so well! sticking with your diet plan

ps i love your sweet potatoes fries idea! i'm gonna try that one day!!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #110  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post

Chit chat time: because I've confessed enough for today. Lessee. Hmm. I realize that I'm probably the sweatiest person that ever lived. Any kind of exercise no matter how strenous or easy will cause me to sweat. Not just sweat like have tiny droplets here and there. Nope, full out drenched sweat. It makes me feel fat for some reason. What's worse is that I used to think it was because of my weight and when I dropped it a few years ago, I *still* sweat as much. Today, I asked hubby if his parents sweat a lot and they don't (he doesn't). I thought about it and my parents do. Neither are overweight. So I'm destined to be a sweat-er. Not the wooly kind. Hehe. Wow, that was boring chit chat. I'm also really annoyed about this message I received a few days ago. I'm trying not to let things get to me and it still is, strangely enough. Grrr. Sorry for rambling - it's a personality trait. 'Night all.
LOL i love your chit chat time. they are never boring ! you make me laugh.

i actually like it when i'm sweating during a workout, and i feel a few droplets fall down my face, and i check the small in my back to see how much i am sweating, cause then i feel like i am working out!!

lol at not the wooly kind.

i'm sorry to hear that you are feeling annoyed about a message you recieved. i can understand that it can be upsetting. i hope you feel better : if you wanna ever talk about it, feel free to pm me
Old 08-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #111  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Hi girls, i hope you both had a good day!

my confession:

exercise :

day 3 of p90x:
1. 1 hour of shoulders and arms workout.
2. Ab ripper X
3. 25 reps with the Ab wheel.

lunch-
appetizer: 2 mangos.
1 onion and white raddish stuffed parata. Yoghurt. lemon pickle.
Apple martini (non alcoholic).

dinner:
1 roti. 1 cup of mince lamb.
salad - 1 slice of white raddish, 2 slices carrots, 3 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of tomato.

time taken to eat = 23 minutes.
*slightly over ate, a little feeling of discomfort. I would say i am slightly stuffed, which is a big no no on the Paul Mckenna's programe! I should have stopped when i was full. but i love mince lamb, so scrummy. hehe naughty me

I am meant to stay out of the red zone!!

1.8 litres of water.

total number of steps taken = 6970

me done for today (done with eating/exercising and studying)!

goodnight girls. i'm off to watch to bed , am sleepy.

Last edited by Echo; 08-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys! My day was eh, not so good:

breakfast -
1 string cheese 60 cals

lunch -
lean cuisine spaghetti 290 cals
low carb yogurt 80 cals

too many snacks! -
1/2 banana nut muffin 200 cals
chips - 110 cals
chocolate - 60 cals

total so far - 800 cals and like over 100 carbs. Gotta be mellow on dinner.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #113  
Here we go again...

Awww Echo, that's sweet of you! I'm sure I'll take you up on your PM offer one of these days. This woman is a pest and I don't like her, but I'm polite so I guess she's too dense to catch on. She's what's known as a frenemy - someone who is a friend and an enemy at the same time. She always uses these overly-friendly terms (babes, honey, etc) when she wants something. Otherwise, she's catty. It was the "friendly" kind of message that pissed me off the other day. I really need to learn how to let go. I need to listen to that podcast again.

Happening - wowza, congrats on all that weight loss! Hope to be there someday.

Ok, diet & exercise confessions for today... I was actually proud of myself for not eating myself out of house and home, so yay!

breffix - 1 medium egg scrambled with a dash of soy sauce.

Snack - veggie straws. Hehehe.

Lunch - 5 spinach and mozzie raviolis, 1/2 cup biryani, 1 chicken leg

Snack - 1 banana, 1/2 100 cal bag of popcorn, 1 oatmeal raisin cookie

Dinner - 1/2 cup cooked white rice, 1/2 cup Indian-vegetable-I-don't-know-the-English-name-for curry, 1/2 cup plain NF yogurt. This was the yummiest meal I had today, strangely enough. I think it reminded me of my mom's cooking, which I miss.

Exercise:

I was lazy today. Went for a 1.5 mile walk with hubby. Too many bugs, so we both came back disgruntled. I love humid weather.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #114  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
my confession:

exercise :

day 3 of p90x:
1. 1 hour of shoulders and arms workout.
2. Ab ripper X
3. 25 reps with the Ab wheel.
By the way, forgot to congratulate you on all this exercise you've been doing lately. Way to go!!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies!! I snacked more then i would have liked to today... ( so here goes.. gotta get this out lol...

Breakfast - Carnation Instant Breakfast Shake and fresh strawberries

No snack as I was not feeling hungry (am thinking maybe this is where my downfall started.. i should have had even a small snack as to not throw myself off...)

Lunch - Meal Replacement Shake

Snack - Nature Valley Granola Bar

Supper - Chicken SAndwich on Multigrain bread, sweet potatoes, 1 sml 100 cal bag of lays reg. chips

Snacks - 100 cal bag of cheetos and 100cal bag reg lays..again... agh! and of course my cranberry and 7...

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.. but please wish me luck. keep me in prayer.. tomorrow is my sisters 41st b-day and we are going to the chalet at the beach for the evening.. wine n campfire... so.. heres to willpower! lol hope you all have a great day!! hugs!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #116  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeningf View Post
Hey guys! My day was eh, not so good:

breakfast -
1 string cheese 60 cals

lunch -
lean cuisine spaghetti 290 cals
low carb yogurt 80 cals

too many snacks! -
1/2 banana nut muffin 200 cals
chips - 110 cals
chocolate - 60 cals

total so far - 800 cals and like over 100 carbs. Gotta be mellow on dinner.
Hey happening!! nice to have you join us
you're day doesnt sound as bad as you think!! and wow very impressive on your weight loss, you are so close to your target! well done

Last edited by Echo; 08-21-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

So far so good for me today - protein shake for breakfast before I went to the gym, there I did 35 minutes cardio, came home and for lunch it's a veggie bowl. Not sure what dinner is going to be, I don't have time to cook anything to bring to work (I work second shift so my dinner is at work) so I'll either grab a frozen lean cuisine and make a small salad to go with it or I'll have to find something semi-healthy that I can go out and pick up on my dinner break. I'm kind of tired of the lean cuisine/salad option because I've already done that 2 (or maybe 3) times this week. I need to get off my butt and start cooking myself some fresh food!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #118  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Awww Echo, that's sweet of you!
You're welcome!

and lol at frenemy! hahah that's an awesome term! not heard of that one before!

oh awesome you listened to that podcast too. i know he's right, its so hard to implement it !!

and well done on your diet for today! and 1.5mile walk! better than no walking!

Quote:
By the way, forgot to congratulate you on all this exercise you've been doing lately. Way to go!!
awwwwwwwww thanks so much!!

Last edited by Echo; 08-21-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #119  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Hey Ladies!! tomorrow is my sisters 41st b-day and we are going to the chalet at the beach for the evening.. wine n campfire... so.. heres to willpower! lol hope you all have a great day!! hugs!!!
well done Cape! you're day sounds good to me

oh have a lovely time at the party!!! good luck! you've been doing very well all this week if i were going to such a party, i would take the night off hehehe. but thats me. i cant resist temptation hehe. and make it up the next day

Last edited by Echo; 08-21-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #120  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombe View Post
So far so good for me today - protein shake for breakfast before I went to the gym, there I did 35 minutes cardio, came home and for lunch it's a veggie bowl.
way to go Bombe !!
Closed Thread