Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #91  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

I hope you girls are well!

my confession for today.

lunch - half a leg chicken piece (roast chicken). 1 tablespoon of home made coleslaw with light mayo. 1 toast with magarine and abit of garlic parsley/mixed herbs butter. (time taken to eat = 17 minutes. feeling after the meal = satisfied).

snack - half a pear (feeling - satisfied, cant remember how long i took to eat it, but it was like 5 minutes or so).

exercise - my shins hurt when i ran today. so i think i need to include more rest days inbetween my running days. total minutes of run time = 6 minutes (With interval walking).

total number of steps taken = 5832

dinner - 1 chicken leg piece (roast chicken). 1 tablespoon coleslaw. 4 tablespoon of low fat home made yoghurt. 1 cup of brown lentil soup. 3 slices of tomato.
time taken - 25 minutes. feeling - full.

Last edited by Echo; 08-17-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Well.. heres todays rundown.. lol
Breakfast - Instant Carnation Breakfast Shake with Skim milk
Snack - Cornflakes with blueberries and skim milk
Lunch - Shake
Supper - Fresh baked Salmon Sandwich on homemade multigrain bread, no sugar added Cranberry juice wth a tiny bit of 7up and c. skim milk with 4 homemade banana oatmeal trail mix cookies (they are made with whole wheat and brown rice flour, oatmeal, flax meal, cut up prunes, dried cranberries, coconut and 1/2c. raw sugar and bananas) ...
Think I did okay.. didn't do great with drinking my water, going to have to try and get more in this evening and had a munchie craving after supper but I came on here and popped in a peice of gum and it seems to have subsided..lol
Old 08-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #93  
Lose the holiday lbs!

welcome Cape Breton!!! lovely to have you join us in this little corner we have built up hehe.

wow you did great!

ps thats a lovely avator photo!

i love 7up yum yum hehe
wow those cookies sound nice!

well done on getting over that craving!!

me feeling abit peckish, but its bedtime, so going to drink some water! and go to bed lol

goodnight girls! see you tommorow!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #94  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hi Cape! Do you make your bread in a breadmaker or the traditional way? I don't have a breadmaker but I would LOVE to make multigrain bread at home. Would you mind sharing the recipe with me? Pretty please?

So all's well in my little weight loss world today - I lost 3 lbs from yesterday, which makes me uber happy because it means all my hawkish portion controlling over the weekend was for something. I'm still a couple of lbs away from my lowest that I hit last week, but I'm more confident of getting back to it and plugging on.

Today's rundown:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 slices 12-grain bread.

Snack - 1 banana or a bowl of grapes or some watermelon

Lunch - no idea. There are no onions, which I've found to be the base of most of my dishes so I'm in a soup, haha. There are some leftovers that I can snack on. I might make 2 rotis to go with them...

Snack - 1 banana or a bowl of grapes or some watermelon

Dinner - chicken biryani. I finally learned how to make it!! Whoot!

Exercise: 1 hour dancing and 1 hour of tennis or a walk this evening.

-------------
Chit-chat time! I saw a fun movie last night called Happy-Go-Lucky. It's from 2008 and if you have Netflix, its available on Instant Watch. I really liked it! My husband and I watch movies (he's into them) and so far every movie he's picked has left me depressed or in tears so this was his redemption (what can I say? I'm a happy person). I really liked it! I loved the lead character, she was so sweet. I also secretly wanted her wardrobe. Anyway, check it out!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #95  
Lose the holiday lbs!

wow 3lbs!! that is super awesome Sunni!! way to go! hard work paid off

--

exercise - i did day 1 of the p90x , i did the workout for chest, back and Abs. my god its tough! but i just adapted it to how i could do it. did wall push ups and used light weights instead of pull ups. felt great afterwards, had a rush of those lovely endorphins!!!
i'm looking forward to the next workout

haven't eaten anything yet, just been drinking water. gonna hit the showers. and then have a nice meal , yum yum, im hungry cant wait!

lol i love that "chit-chat time" hahaha so cute!
thanks for the movie tip! i love movies will have to check it out today!

i saw the ugly truth last week at the cinema, i thought it was great i enjoyed watching it. the chemistry between the two lead actors was great! and i thought it was funny and cute and romantic

catch ya girls later. have a super day!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #96  
Here we go again...

Hey Echo! You're a movie buff too? Kewl. I heard about the Ugly Truth, but we've yet to see anything at the theater. Mostly because I said the next time I go I have to see Harry Potter and I got a response. This movie's got that HAGel chick in it. Don't like her, but I did hear about the chemistry between the two. There were even rumors that they were getting cozy () on set. I also love celebrity gossip. I obviously have no life. But yeah, sounds cute!! I'll have to catch it soon.

Dinner amendment - we're having homemade pizza. I'll do something else with the chicken I thawed.

Exercise - did light dancing for 1 hour, didn't sweat as much. Will be going for a walk tonight after we go grocery shopping. I need my onions!!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #97  
Lose the holiday lbs!

LOL at that face response. i still havent seen harry potter, i'm a harry potter fan, read the books way before they even thought about making the films. so its fun for me to see the difference between my imagination and the film. i still prefer the books hehe. i've still got to read the last one! i have it. but havent had a chance to read. i have so many half read books lol.

really? thats so interesting about what you said about their chemistry. hehe thats cool that i noticed it too! lol at celebrity gossip haha.

oooh i love pizza! yum yum!

dancing is great! i just did some aswell, as i had too much energy haha.

i love onions too.
--

okay my confession.

exercise - p90x - chest and back and AB ripper X.

snack - half a pear, 2 cherries , 1 apricot.

dinner - 1/2 cup of rice. 1/4 cup of brown lentil soup (daal). half a tomato. a little bit of cucumber and carrots. some yoghurt.
time taken to eat = 25 minutes.
feeling after meal = satisfied.
--

then after awhile. i had this burst of energy and felt compelled to get up and dance. so i danced in my room for 14 minutes, and worked up a sweat lol. i then did some stretches for my shins.

and now just drinking water.
drank about 1 and half litres today.

total number of steps taken according to my pedometer. that i have attached to me all day so far = 6248

==
catch ya tommorow girls! keep up the good work! you're doing great!
i'm sleepy, which is suprising cause its only 11.15pm. but am gonna listen to my body and head for bed. hopefully this means i wil get up early tommorow morning! i hope so. goodnight girls. sleep well.

and well done on the dancing Sunni! you gave me the idea

Last edited by Echo; 08-18-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #98  
Lose the holiday lbs!

ps when is your vegas trip?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!... Thanks so much for the welcome and compliments Echo! lol the cookies are really good.. was kind of an experiment baking experience,lol , they are like a drop cookie and super healthy. And yes I am not much of a soda/pop drinker at all, but I really like my cranberry juice with a splash of 7-up.. just that lil something extra and i think i am having something bad but i am not lol haha.
And Sunni...I am so sorry to disappoint, but I do not make my own homemade bread, I get it from the local Bakery.. I will only eat homemade breads..but do not sadly bake the bread on my own... one day will give it a go maybe lol.

So here is today's run down...

Breakfast - Carnation Instant Breakfast Shake

Snack - Fruit Salad (grapes, mangoes, watermelon and pineapple)

Lunch - Meal Replacement Shake

Snack - Wildberry Yogurt with small amount of Harvest Crunch

Supper - Baked Homemade Sweet Potatoe Fries (cut sweet potatoes into thin strips sprayed with EVOO Spray and spinkled with sea salt), Chicken and Multigrain Bun. Cranberry & 7 to drink

Only drank half liter of water today.. which was not good as it was very hot here today.. am going to have to try to get some more in this evening.

Later on I am planning to have a "lil treat" while watching Big Brother.. lol ethier 100 cal bag of lays reg. potatoe chips or a 1/2c. of key lime sherbet..but if I do not feel hungry I will not have anything.. I hope.. lol

I think aside from the lack of water I did pretty good today...

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 08-18-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #100  
Here we go again...

That's ok, Cape. I forgive you...this time. Hehe.

Echo - my Vegas trip is mid-Sept. I'm revising my goal of 155 to 160. It's coming off so slowly, might as well change goals and not get depressed as I am prone to do. Yay on the dancing! It's fun, isn't it? That's my fave exercise besides tennis.

You MUST read the last book, then we can discuss. Actually, I've kinda forgotten most of the details, I read it when it first came out. That's the advantage of having an older sis who's also crazy about it and has extra cash. Hee hee. I also read the books well before the movies came out. They're hit or miss I think. I really liked the special FX, but sometimes their interpretation of a character was off from what I imagined him/her to be. Like Hermoine. In the book, she's mousy and has buck teeth, but in the movie, she's beautiful. Go figure. They can't cast an unattractive actress in a movie, or she won't be a "star". Gotta love that h-wood mentality. *eyeroll*

Food for today:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 slices 12-grain bread

Snack - 1 banana

Lunch - Um, dunno. 1 roti with leftover curry.

Snack - watermelon

Dinner - Chicken biryani.

Exercise for today:

1 hour of dancing, or Jillian Michael's vid. HAVE to go exercise tonight. Didn't go last night because hubby was concerned about my bite that became a red swelling. I hate bugs, and I got bitten quite a few times over the last two days (beach bugs). The one on my calf was itching like crazy and like a fool I scratched it a lot so I guess that's what made it become all big and red. Boo. I hope it goes away quickly.

Have a good day, ladies!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Hi all

Today is staring off great so far!

Breakfast - protein shake made with 1% milk
Lunch will be 2 egg whites on whole wheat with a slice of low fat cheese and some wilted spinach
Dinner will be roasted skinless chicken and veggies with a low fat spinach cream sauce
If I have a snack it'll probably be a 100 calorie microwave popcorn since I've been thinking about popcorn for the past few days! lol

Today I went to the gym for the first time. I warmed up with 10 minutes on the elliptical and then did 30 minutes of weights and then finished with another 15 minutes on the treadmill. My muscles are feeling a little jellyish but I feel good!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Bombe; 08-19-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #102  
Lose the holiday lbs!

chit chat:

hello ladies!
always makes me happy to read everyones confessions/plans for the day!

great work everyone ! you're all doing super!

cape breton
- you are so welcome. we are just so happy to have you join us!!
you did great ! (ps i love lays reg potato chips, shame we dont get them here in the uk. or maybe thats a good thing hehehe).

----

Sunni- wow you going to vegas, how cool! i hear the more slowly the weight comes off, the more likely you will keep it off

yah dancing is fun! that's such a good idea. i'm glad you told me about it. it enables me to get in abit more exercise without realising it hehehe.

yes, definately will read the last HP book!

oh i forgot about hermione having buck teeth lol. i really like hermione in the film. i think she is so cute.

great plan! very healthy

oh dear sorry to hear about your bite, hope it heals - i hear putting an ice cube on it, if it scratches, helps maybe

---

Bombe!!! lovely to hear from you and thats wonderful that your day is going great !

and well done on the gym workouts !! that's awesome!
===

Last edited by Echo; 08-19-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #103  
Here we go again...

Echo - you're really doing P90X? Good for you! I saw an infomercial for it a long time ago, and it looked brutal. I would want to do it, but I know the kind of person that I am. I'll do it until it shows results and then when something happens that I can't do it, I'll completely forget about it and go back to walking/jogging/tennis/dancing, etc. Blah. Sounds like you get a good burn though. Woohoo!

Mmm...parathas. I need to learn how to make those. I love alu parathas, but they're a no-no for now. I can't WAIT for Vegas! We've planned out our itinerary and it looks so fun! We're also visiting a couple of buffets just because that's part of the Vegas experience although my husband gets nauseated when he sees large amounts of food in front of him (wish I had that problem, I just salivate ), so it's a good thing I practiced my portion control this past weekend.

Bombe - nice meal plan! I'm going to try doing that for the next week. I think if I know exactly what I'm making for dinner and lunch each night, then I can be better prepared to balance the calories. I'm also going to try calorie cycling too. It worked a couple of weeks ago, so I think I'll try it.

I was bad today. And it's only 1 PM! I ate breffix, didn't have milk, and ate a LOT of veggie straws. It's a chip of sorts - pic included. BLAH. We got them for a discount and they're irresistible!! I guess I have to learn to control myself. I'm having fruit for lunch. We have yummy watermelon and grapes. There are also pears that I've forgotten about so I'll eat those too. At least I'll get my fruit servings in for the day. Tonight - biryani!! Gotta save up my calories for that, hehe.

Exercise - still have to do my dance-a-thon, but I will.

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 08-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #104  
Lose the holiday lbs!

chit chat:

I saw this really cool avator from one of the members here. and I pm'd her, and she told me about this site, where you can make a virtual you!

input your current weight and then your goal weight, and it makes a model of you. you can change the hairstyle etc.

i read that its a good idea to imagine what your body will look like. its sort of giving your brain a blue print to work on. according to the gabriel method and paul mckenna everyday i have to imagine a slimmer version of me. so i usually picture myself slimmer on a private beach, where it's just me , running around in my slim body hehe).

so i just made my virtual weight loss model! hehehe

i made two.
this one is current versus goal. (although i wish my body looked as good as my model does at my weight/height hahah).

i then did another one for fun, which is what my model looks like currently in this cute little outfit. i am going to update this model's clothes for everytime i lose 2 pounds just for fun! hehehe

if you want to make your own model, the website is:

http://mvm.com/cs/

and i then print screened it , pasted it onto photoshop, cropped it, and then uploaded it to flickr. i know its a long process.

Last edited by Echo; 08-19-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #105  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Echo - you're really doing P90X? Good for you! I saw an infomercial for it a long time ago, and it looked brutal. I would want to do it, but I know the kind of person that I am. I'll do it until it shows results and then when something happens that I can't do it, I'll completely forget about it and go back to walking/jogging/tennis/dancing, etc. Blah. Sounds like you get a good burn though. Woohoo!

Mmm...parathas. I need to learn how to make those. I love alu parathas, but they're a no-no for now. I can't WAIT for Vegas! We've planned out our itinerary and it looks so fun! We're also visiting a couple of buffets just because that's part of the Vegas experience although my husband gets nauseated when he sees large amounts of food in front of him (wish I had that problem, I just salivate ), so it's a good thing I practiced my portion control this past weekend.

I was bad today. And it's only 1 PM! I ate breffix, didn't have milk, and ate a LOT of veggie straws. It's a chip of sorts - pic included. BLAH. We got them for a discount and they're irresistible!! I guess I have to learn to control myself. I'm having fruit for lunch. We have yummy watermelon and grapes. There are also pears that I've forgotten about so I'll eat those too. At least I'll get my fruit servings in for the day. Tonight - biryani!! Gotta save up my calories for that, hehe.
aww thanks!!
yah i'm doing the p90x. i started yesterday! noway can i keep up with them!! so i modify it, i just do as much as i can and in whatever shape and form i can do it in lol. i'm finding it fun, cause its all new

i love alu (potato- for those others that dont know what we're talking about hehe) parathas too! so yum.

omg you're holiday sounds amazing!! i think its really great, that you're gonna be able to reward yourself for all the hard work you're doing by a vacation, you totally deserve it!!

lol at veggy straws. thanks for the pic. they look yummy

great idea on the fruit to balance it out mmm chicken briyani. yum yum

Last edited by Echo; 08-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread