Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #61  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

thanks Sunni!! and well done on your diet! hope you lose the weight, you've been very careful.

well done thugz

and welcome Teachy!
---

well i got my period this morning! no wonder i've been sooooo cranky and a hungry monster!! so i had even more reason to take the day off from diet and just eat whatever i wanted lol.

my food confession, be warned not for the faint of heart ! hahaha.

hazelnut latte - half of which got spilled lol - 300 calories

5 cinamon sticks (cinabon) i reckon about 400 calories, i skipped the icing. but i was gutted that they were cold by the time i ate them but got it out of my system and wont be craving them anymore!!

pret tuna baguette mmmmmmmmm my favourite!! dont know what they put in that darn tuna mix its too yummy!! - 500 calories.

--
then big spanish tapas dinner.
3 and half pollo croquetas (love them! the best i had was in barcelona , but when i went to madrid unfortunately they only had jamon (ham) ones.
we had a nice waitress, and i practiced the few spanish words i could remember and she was from madrid too.

more tapas - 2 calamari, 2 deep fried prawns, 1 small deep fried white fish, one bread piece. 1 coke. 1 croquettas (mushroom)
pattas bravas (potatoes cubes). sourcream dip.

then dessert was a killer! we shared 3 chocolate desserts between us. i had one churros (non sweet donut dipped in chocolate, 1 strawberry dipped in chocolate. quite a few spoons of chocolate mouse, quite a few bites of thick solid chocolate orange tart)

so i'm gonna guess dinner probably amounted to 2000 calories ! maybe even more, but who knows!!

so total calories i reckon 3200 calories or so. maybe more!

bad carbs - baguette. deep fried stuff. latte, cinamon sticks, potato, chocolate desserts. coke., erm actually everything i ate!

no exercise, but walking around.
---
back to the diet tommorow! got cramps, so will skip exercise tommorow aswell and hopefully will feel better on friday.
---
i joined this website and started my diet properly last wednesday, so today was my official weigh in (weekly)

today's weight - 168.8lbs. (starting weight - 173.4lbs) lost 4.6lbs

lol i'm dreading what my weight is tommorow! probably gained all the weight back again! but doesnt matter. i will keep going !! besides if nothing else, the dieting and exercising i have done for the week was to balance out the blow out diet today! offset the extra pounds i would have gained. lol as long as i am not over 173lbs tommorow, i will be happy.

Last edited by Echo; 08-12-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Breakfast
Tortilla-- 110
Cheese--50
Egg--70
Salsa--10---240
------------
Lunch
Potatos--220---460
------------
Snack
Lean pocket--280--740
------------
Dinner
L.C.---360--1100
------------
Snack
Chicken--130
Ranch--50
Lettuce--10--1290

That's my food intake...

I burned about 400 cal at work- I do cleaning alllll day...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #63  
Lose the holiday lbs!

well done thugz!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #64  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Woohoo Echo! Nice weight loss! Sorry to hear you're crampy. When I used to get cramps, consistent exercise for one month would make them disappear. If that's isn't a motivation for exercise (for me), then I don't know what is!

I actually did make it to 164.8 today. I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be. I think secretly I was hoping for a bigger drop. You must have read about my chicken pot pie disaster. Even thinking about them makes me feel nauseous (yes, it was THAT bad!). Anyway, my point is that I finally ate grapes and watermelon which made my caloric intake a little over 2000. I exercised and burned 230 more calories than I ate, which is cool but I'm finally not starving hungry like I was yesterday. I think I'll keep my calories at 1900 - 2000 and see where I go from there. I'm not into feeling hungry, for weight loss or anything. The weird thing is my caloric intake goes up when I add fruits. I LOVE fruits. I've read a lot of posts on here where people control the amount of fruit they have per day because of the calories but for some reason I can't wrap my mind around fruits being "unhealthy" enough to watch how much I eat of them. Sigh. Now I'm just rambling. Time to go to bed.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #65  
Lose the holiday lbs!

woohoo well done on 164.8!! that's awesome! i cant wait to be that weight!! hehehe

aww thanks Sunni for the encouragement :-)

oooh didnt know that about consistent exercise and cramps! thats interesting !!

yah i read that, oh dear ! sorry to hear that, but kudos for you trying it though.
i love watermelon!

i agree with you. im from the school of thought that anything live fresh is good for you. as long as one doesnt gorge on fruit. i will eat a piece of fruit when im hungry.i dont count calories anyways. i just watch my bad carbs, so its easier for me.

Last edited by Echo; 08-12-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #66  
Lose the holiday lbs!

well good morning ladies!

i'm starting with a clean slate! much to my dismay my weighing scale is stupid! i realised today, that each time i step on it, it gives me a different weight!! within 5 seonds i can go from 165lbs to 172 lbs!! so i'm not using my digital weighing scale anymore. and gone back to the old fashioned manual weighing scale, at least that is consistent!!

so i've lost no weight whatsover this past week!

i'm starting from scratch from today onwards. Thursdays will now be my official weekly weigh in!

so my official weight today (week1) is 174lbs (79kg).
--

cause i'm on my period, i had this huge craving for meat (must be cause of the iron) so i forgo my diet temporarily, and ate 4 pieces of toast and mince lamb curry.
about 900 calories in total i reckon.
--

but cause of my big breakfast/lunch - i will try to eat healthily now for the rest of the day. snack on fruit etc. and try to stay away from disco crisps lol i love them and hershey chocolates - will stay away from them also! see if i my willpower is strong enough. will let you know if have managed to!!
actually if im really honest with myself, not even really craving chocolate. i had loads yesterday. and not really bothered about the disco crisps either. maybe cause i feel satieted from the mince lamb curry and toast. feeling quite sleepy. taken some asprin for the cramps. might take a little nap and take it easy for the rest of the day.

have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Echo; 08-13-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #67  
Here we go again...

Morning Echo! Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Also, more sorries for your crappy scale. Don't you just hate that? Have you thought about investing in a good, digital scale? When I lived with my parents, they had an analog scale and the stupid needle would always jump back and forth from zero after you stepped on it. What the ****. Calibrating did nothing. So I asked my mom for this digi scale I had been eyeing as a present. My mom was more than happy to give me a scale, haha. It's the weight watchers one. I've heard Tanita brand scales are the best, but at $40 a pop, they're too expensive for me. Mine works great and it gives me the same weight when I step on it within 5 - 10 minutes. If you can afford it, definitely get a new scale. If nothing else, it removes doubt like "Did I REALLY lose 2 lbs, or could it have been 0.2 lbs but the scale's off?" JMHO.

Today's run: I liked yesterday's 2000 cal run so much, I think I'll do it today too!

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, ran out of bread, so alt. breffix that came out to the same number of calories

Lunch - 1/2 cup couscous salad, 2 rotis, 1/2 cup chickpea curry

Snack - grapes/cherries/watermelon, 2 cups of whichever

Dinner - Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think I'll make fried rice from last night's rice leftovers. Ok, 1.5 cups of homemade fried rice.

I'll calculate calories later on today and adjust accordingly.

Exercise - Going for a walk/jog in a few hours, then doing Jillian Michael's Level 1 30DS. So excited!!! (I know, I'm lame).

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 08-13-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, I'd like to join this thread with my "confessions!" My official start was Tuesday, I've lost 1 pound since then but I suspect it's water.

I confess I will not be working out today. I woke up waaaaay too late to make it to the gym and am scrambling around trying to get some chores done around the house before I go to work. I won't be out of work until after 11:00pm tonight so I won't be doing it after but maybe I can fit in some pushups and squats and situps somewhere?

Food-wise:
Breakfast - omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, 2 light sausage links, 2 slices low fat swiss cheese, onions, jalapeno peppers

Lunch - Lean Quisine and an apple

Dinner - Big salad w/ lots 'o veggies and some chicken and nuts
Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #69  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Morning Echo! Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Also, more sorries for your crappy scale. Don't you just hate that? Have you thought about investing in a good, digital scale? When I lived with my parents, they had an analog scale and the stupid needle would always jump back and forth from zero after you stepped on it. What the ****. Calibrating did nothing. So I asked my mom for this digi scale I had been eyeing as a present. My mom was more than happy to give me a scale, haha. It's the weight watchers one. I've heard Tanita brand scales are the best, but at $40 a pop, they're too expensive for me. Mine works great and it gives me the same weight when I step on it within 5 - 10 minutes. If you can afford it, definitely get a new scale. If nothing else, it removes doubt like "Did I REALLY lose 2 lbs, or could it have been 0.2 lbs but the scale's off?" JMHO.

Today's run: I liked yesterday's 2000 cal run so much, I think I'll do it today too!

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, ran out of bread, so alt. breffix that came out to the same number of calories

Lunch - 1/2 cup couscous salad, 2 rotis, 1/2 cup chickpea curry

Snack - grapes/cherries/watermelon, 2 cups of whichever

Dinner - Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think I'll make fried rice from last night's rice leftovers. Ok, 1.5 cups of homemade fried rice.

I'll calculate calories later on today and adjust accordingly.

Exercise - Going for a walk/jog in a few hours, then doing Jillian Michael's Level 1 30DS. So excited!!! (I know, I'm lame).
awwwwwwww thanks Sunni!!

according to my parents its a really good digital scale! its the salter digital scale. but i dont trust it anymore, keeps giving me different results everytime i step on it and the way i step on it. if i first press my heel i weigh less, as opposed to when i press on my toes - so i've given up

i've gone back to my analog one. cant afford a scale at the moment, maybe will get one later on. thanks for the advice! luckily the manual one is giving consistent results each time though. so will stick with that one for the time being.

well according to the gabriel method, i should chuck away my weighing scale for 6 months! lol i am still waiting for the book to arrive in the post i cant wait to read it!! i'm still listening to the cd every night. i end up falling asleep before the end of the session! haha

i think i'm gonna stick with waist measurements and my belly button measurement.

well done on your good day so far!

i decided to put all the hershey kisses back in the fridge, away from my study room! and also i put the 2 packets of disco crisps back in the cupboard in the garage! out of sight out of mine. instead i have a bowl of fruit in my study room to snack on. mango and peach. hehe

Last edited by Echo; 08-13-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #70  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombe View Post
Hi ladies, I'd like to join this thread with my "confessions!" My official start was Tuesday, I've lost 1 pound since then but I suspect it's water.

I confess I will not be working out today. I woke up waaaaay too late to make it to the gym and am scrambling around trying to get some chores done around the house before I go to work. I won't be out of work until after 11:00pm tonight so I won't be doing it after but maybe I can fit in some pushups and squats and situps somewhere?

Food-wise:
Breakfast - omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, 2 light sausage links, 2 slices low fat swiss cheese, onions, jalapeno peppers

Lunch - Lean Quisine and an apple

Dinner - Big salad w/ lots 'o veggies and some chicken and nuts
Welcome Bombe! lovely to have you join us! wow good day on the food! well done you
Old 08-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #71  
Here we go again...

Hi Bombe! to our thread. Man, you work late. You have my admiration. I just can't stay awake past 10 pm, although recently I have been up late and I don't know why. Your meals look delish!

Echo - I re-read your post after I replied and read that your manual one is working fine. I was too lazy to go back and edit my post. I agree - as long as one scale works, stick to it!

Haven't heard of the Gabriel method, then again I don't follow diet plans. They seem unnecessarily complicated to me. Plus, I'm uh mentally lazy, I guess is a nice way of putting it. Too much thinking and I'm out. Haha. Actually, measuring is an excellent way of seeing weight loss. It's probably more accurate than a scale because you can lose a lot of water weight but not fat and your measurements wouldn't change. I combine them. When the scale's not moving (and I've been good to my plan), then I measure. When the measurements are not changing, I hop on the scale to see if there was a difference. Usually the former happens, not the latter. Hehe. Also, good for you with the fruits!! I love mangoes.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #72  
Lose the holiday lbs!

hehe thanks Sunni!!!

i just did 20 push ups against the wall!! i cant do push ups from the floor. so i found out you can do push ups against the wall for beginners!

i also made myself a excel graph sheet, to track my weights and measurements. gonna measure them everyday, not to see how well i am doing but just to see the overall trend

im feeling hungry now, going to snack on some fruit now yum yum

Last edited by Echo; 08-13-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #73  
Here we go again...

Ooohhh, I tracked my weight every morning on excel this time last year. It was fascinating. I also tracked other things like my period and days I overate (I color coded those dates). It was really cool to see the effects of something like overeating on my weight. If nothing else, it did give me some insight into my body. Now, I just use fitday and track it on there. They've seriously updated it since I last used it in '07. I put in my body measurements on there as well. They even have this mood/smiley thing that I mess with because I don't care much about my moods and their effect on weight gain, but it's funny to send the smiley on these emotional ups and downs.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #74  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Ooohhh, I tracked my weight every morning on excel this time last year. It was fascinating. I also tracked other things like my period and days I overate (I color coded those dates). It was really cool to see the effects of something like overeating on my weight. If nothing else, it did give me some insight into my body. Now, I just use fitday and track it on there. They've seriously updated it since I last used it in '07. I put in my body measurements on there as well. They even have this mood/smiley thing that I mess with because I don't care much about my moods and their effect on weight gain, but it's funny to send the smiley on these emotional ups and downs.
oooh that is interesting! i love the colour coding!!! how interesting especially days you over ate. thats a really good idea!
LOL!! at you sending the smilies on a rollercoaster ride, ahahhaha that is sooooooo funny!!! you make me laugh!! haha i just inputted my moods aswell. aww the smilie looks happy lol

i will do the body measurements tommorow. feeling very bloated at the moment !

i'm gonna do the same track my food intake on the excel sheet and colour code for the bad carbs i eat. as well as fitday.
---

my confession for today:
brunch- 4 toasts and minced lamb curry.
dinner - 2 mangos and 1 peach
snack - peppermint tea

exercise - 20 pushups against the wall.

Last edited by Echo; 08-13-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Oh lord-
I did terrible today- I've been trying to stay under a certain amount of calories each day and totally went out the window at about 3pm

Bf brought me a greaat turkey sandwich that had to be 800 cals

And ate a huge dinner-

Ughhh
Closed Thread