Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Woohoo! Love this thread.

So far today I have had
Lean cusine
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 glass o' water

I slept In so no breakfast- wish I could get up earlier.

I am plannin on cleaning and laundry today so that'll burn some calories. Wish I could make it to the gym but house chores calls.

Watching my bf play volleyball tonight at a bar so I'm hoping to not drink 1 beer!

I'll update more later, love reading all your posts! So inspiring!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #47  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Got the podcast title! Thanks!

That's interesting about the waist. I calculated mine - it's supposed to be 32.5 and I'm 34.5 so I have 2 inches to go. That makes me wonder...what about really tall people? So someone who's 6 ft tall can have a waist of 36 inches? I read that anything above 35 predisposes someone to heart problems and diabetes. I would take that calculation with a grain of salt. Works fine for your height, as long as it's under 35 inches. Oh well, gives one a goal, right?

Exercise/diet:

I feel much better since I dropped to 164.9 (I know it's not REALLY 164, but I'll take what I can get!). I had cut down on my exercise and food. I was actually proud of myself yesterday for accounting for every bite I ate. Really opened my eyes. Today, am doing the same and hoping to play some tennis or get a good jog in this evening. I'm curious to see what the scale shows tomorrow...

Have fun on your day off, Echo! See you in a couple of days!
awesome glad you got the podcast!

yah you make a good point about really tall people ! lol. well i was making myself a ticker and it asked me my ideal waist and i was like, uh i have no idea! so did a quick google for what my waist should be. yep its a nice goal to have. but you're right need to take it with abit of salt.

well done on 164.9!!

have fun on your jog or tennis!

thanks Sunni!! yep see you thursday!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #48  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugzneedhugz View Post
Woohoo! Love this thread.

So far today I have had
Lean cusine
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 glass o' water

I slept In so no breakfast- wish I could get up earlier.

I am plannin on cleaning and laundry today so that'll burn some calories. Wish I could make it to the gym but house chores calls.

Watching my bf play volleyball tonight at a bar so I'm hoping to not drink 1 beer!

I'll update more later, love reading all your posts! So inspiring!
awww thanks thugz!!!

aww thats so nice of you to say that you love reading our posts and finding them inspiring.

good luck with staying away from the alchohol!! keep up the good work!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #49  
Lose the holiday lbs!

okay have decided to skip dinner today! and just drink water for the rest of the night.

my parents having a dinner party with lots of yummy food which i am avoiding! normally i would have joined them and helped myself to a big plate of vegetable rice and yoghurt and curry! but since i'm taking the day off tommorow off my diet, i have to sacrifice today!!

so will be drinking water, and lurking around this site to keep me away from the food lol

i'm not hungry when i think about it anyways.

so far this evening have drunk 1.2litres.
gonna head to bed at midnight.
till then will study...

Last edited by Echo; 08-11-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #50  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Not to sound like a mama bear Echo, but skipping meals might work against you (restrict-binge-restrict). How about nibbling on some carrots or sliced up bell peppers or celery? They have a teeny amount of calories (1 bag of baby carrots has about a 100 calories and trust me, you won't eat a bag) and will fill you up. Or if you're like me, your mouth will get tired from the chewing and you'll instantly feel full. Can you tell I'm not a fan of carrots? However, if you're not hungry, I guess it doesn't matter that much. Good on you for getting all that water in!

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 08-11-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #51  

I love sliced up bell peppers! Yummmm-

Had some sliced apples with a tiny bit of peanut butter

And some noodles and spaghetti sauce

Not sure what to do for dinner.

Hmmm.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #52  
Here we go again...

Gosh, I was feeling so uninspired for dinner until I saw the carton of veggie stock in the pantry. Made homemade soup! I calculated the calories for the entire recipe and it came out to 420 cals!! THE. WHOLE. THING. I just had an epiphany.

In case anybody out there is interested, here's the recipe:

1 carton Swanson veggie broth
5-6 small button mushrooms, sliced
1 large green onion, chopped
10 baby carrots, sliced
1 can chickpeas
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
2-3 cloves garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1 large sprig rosemary, finely minced
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp balsamic vinagrette
a pinch of cumin seeds

In a dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook garlic and onions (green and white) until transparent. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly tender.

Add broth, balsamic vinagrette, cumin seeds, chilli powder, rosemary, chickpeas, carrots, salt and pepper. Keep at a low boil for 5 minutes, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots reach desired tenderness.

Serve with toasted pita chips or eat plain!

Total cals: 420
Servings: 4

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 08-11-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Forgot some ingredients...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #53  
Lose the holiday lbs!

wow sunni thanks for the recipe ! sounds delicious!! will definately be making that one day!
--

Sunni you were so right!!

so much for my water plan! it all went out the window. so my mom asked me to serve the dessert (ice cream and fresh mangoes)
i had a bite of ice cream (no biggie) quite a few bites of mango (no big deal)

BUT then! i thought hmm i will just have a little bit of rice and then it went downhill from there lol

i ended up having 2 smallish cups of rice with yoghurt. probably a few tablespoons of mince lamb curry. 1 chicken kebab. and 1/2 roti and a few bites of chick peas curry.

BUT i will add this - had i not been drinking water, i wouldn't have gotten so full so quickly and i was completely satisfied. normally i would have eaten alot more than what i just described up there! trust me!
i ate all that pretty quickly too but got full quickly too.
i had read that if you drink water 30 minutes before your meal, you will eat less, as water takes space in your stomach, about half the space. so less room for food!

sunni you're right not to skip meals. i'm so used to the warrior diet of just eating one big meal a day (at the end of the day after eating just fruit during the day) .that i feel guilty eating more than once a day! i have to change my mindset, smaller meals and i can have more than one meal a day lol.
--

thugz - apples and peanut butter - nice!

Last edited by Echo; 08-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #54  
Here we go again...

Yeah, I've done that before. At the time, it made so much sense - just eat 2-3 BIG meals and nothing in between, just water. It's SOOO much harder in practice. I'm from the 3 meals a day school of thought so now I just have lighter cal meals and use the extra allotted calories for some nuts or raisins in between to keep me from bingeing. It did take me a whiles to realize that eating healthy foods in between meals is not as tough as I had mentally made it out to be.

All that water definitely helped, right? That amount of food didn't sound so bad to me. Plus, if you've only been eating fruit and small portions today, then that shouldn't be too bad a blip. Keep going!

As for me, I'm really hoping I see a change on the scale tomorrow. That would be freakin' AWESOME. Even if it goes down to 164.8 (today was 164.9), I'll smile all day. At least then I feel like this whole calorie-watching thing is working out. How frustrating to account for every single bite only to see nothing happen on the dang scale. Boo.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #55  

I didn't have one beer tonight at volleyball! Whoop whoop!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #56  
Here we go again...

Yay Thugz!!!

And , haha.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #57  

so far today:

breakfast
breakfst buritto(280cals)
snack
some potatos(220)
lunch
lean pocket(280)

planning on a lean cusine for dinner too-- long day at work and didn't prepare food well for today...my goal is to stay under 1500 cals each day... I"M ON DAY 3---

excersize
may take giant dog for a walk later but i'll have to see when i get home.. if its dark i won't due to sketchy neighborhood... yikes!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #58  
Here we go again...

Here's my rundown:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk with 1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 slices 12-grain bread

Lunch - Israeli couscous salad (yum!) 1/4 cup, toasted pita chips (~6), disgusting low-cal chicken pot pies. Note to self: NEVER, EVER make this disgusting low-cal dough again!!! It's flour with oil and salt. It doesn't turn a golden brown when baked and even after turning brown, the texture remains like flour. UGH. I've never felt so heavy after eating a few (I made 12 muffin pies) and I'm a carboholic! Gross gross gross.

Dinner - 2 cups of grapes
2 cups of watermelon
Hopefully it will flush out the crappy lunch I had

Exercise - 20 min tennis this morning (it started raining so we had to run back in) hopefully another hour this evening.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Here's my day--

Exercise--10 minutes stretches,30 minutes fast walking on treadmill, 15 minutes weights. (thank God for Netflix or I'd die of boredom!)

Breakfast--1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt, sweetened with Stevia; 1 cup strawberries

Lunch--big salad with lettuce, tomato, pepper, cucumber, basil, tuna, goat cheese, homemade balsamic dressing, a few whole wheat homemade croutons

Snack--1/2 whole wheat pita, 2 Tbs. hummus, sliced red pepper

Dinner--spicy chicken cous cous stew (about a cup, with butternut squash, peppers, green beans, carrots, onion, zucchini, spices, broth, chicken); 1/2 cup whole wheat cous cous

Liquid--Lots and lots of water, 1 cup coffee with 1 Tbs. lowfat 1/2 and 1/2

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 08-12-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #60  
Here we go again...

Teach, love your menu! It looks yummy...

I use Netflix too. I just got 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels' DVD) in the mail today, but I love the instant watch videos. There are a lot of Pilates and yoga vids that I have always wanted to try but was too lazy to put them in my queue, so hurrah for Netflix!
Closed Thread