3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   should I replace it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/178390-should-i-replace.html)

jamiewyn 08-04-2009 12:31 PM

should I replace it?

My scale broke 4 days ago (digital). So, I'm wondering if I should replace it. Part of me wants the "tracking tool", but part of me doesn't mind not relying so heavily on a number.

So, POLL TIME! :)

kuhljeanie 08-04-2009 12:35 PM

i'm a numbers freak, so i can't imagine no morning weigh-in. i'd feel lost. then again, i also take my temperature, AND wear a sensewear monitor, and i'd feel a little lost without all that stuff too. now that i think about it, i'm wondering why i don't test my urine and saliva for, i dunno, something every day too. :D

thinpossible 08-04-2009 12:41 PM

If you have a specific goal to reach you're most likely going to have to rely on some number-- be it pants size, measuring tape inches, miles run, calories eaten, or what the scale says. Maybe the problem is that you're letting the scale determine your success/failure or your mood. If it were me, I would replace the scale but not let it be a tyrant.

ANewCreation 08-04-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinpossible (Post 2859306)
If you have a specific goal to reach you're most likely going to have to rely on some number-- be it pants size, measuring tape inches, miles run, calories eaten, or what the scale says. Maybe the problem is that you're letting the scale determine your success/failure or your mood. If it were me, I would replace the scale but not let it be a tyrant.

Got to Agree!

beerab 08-04-2009 01:00 PM

I'd replace it- I only do an official weigh in once a week but sometimes I hop on just to make sure I'm not going way off track :)

patchworkpenguin 08-04-2009 02:16 PM

You could always try a few weeks without the scale and see how you feel about not having one.

EmmaD 08-04-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 2859336)
I only do an official weigh in once a week but sometimes I hop on just to make sure I'm not going way off track :)

Me too! Sometimes I count the mid-week weight though if I like the number I see :D

Yes, replace the scale! Things can get out of hand if you go too long without checking in...

If you can, get one with the body fat analysis. I know it's not that accurate, but it can give you an estimate at least, especially if you weigh at the same time every time with ~ the same amount of hydration.... I am trying to focus on that more than the weight loss. Ha - mostly because the weight loss is so :censored: slow and I feel like I might have more control over reducing my body fat.

I don't have a body fat scale right now :cry: and I miss it

Lori Bell 08-04-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 2859485)
You could always try a few weeks without the scale and see how you feel about not having one.

Great idea!

Give it a shot without one if you want to try not being dependant, if you don't like not knowing, go buy one. :D

KatieBell28 08-04-2009 05:40 PM

The scale keeps me real.

I try and fib to myself that it is going better than it really is... But that d*mn scale really doesn't let me lie. :)

kiramira 08-04-2009 05:56 PM

Numbers are relative, and the trend is what they indicate...personal choice!

I weigh only once a week at WW. I threw out my home scales...

Kira

jamiewyn 08-04-2009 07:11 PM

It's 22 to 3. I just bought a new scale. :) Resisting the urge to step on it tonight.

Must.....
wait....
till....
morning....
UGH

Diva0467 08-05-2009 09:58 AM

I say get a new one and set a once a week or once every 2 week WI Schedule so you aren't obsessing the numbers. :)