Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Plateau Support - if you are or just think you are...

Ok In the last 2 weeks I have read thread after thread of people (including me) who are having trouble getting that scale to go down.

I think we need to join together and support each other in one place!

I haven't seen the scale move down in 2 weeks. It does move though. Usually I am 151.4, sometimes I will see it jump up a lb (usually after a big workout when I am sore) and once it has gone down to 151.2.

Yesterday morning, I started to get really depressed about it. Then realized it was time to measure myself (I only started this recently, my first measurements are from aug. 5th). I have a spreadsheet that was given to me by another awesome member and I entered my measurements and wieght. It only looks at the whole month. So in 1 month I lost 3.2 lbs and 6 inches!

So my challenge is even though I weigh everyday to just think of it as a tracking number and focus on the month.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep me too. Scale is basically stand stilling... going up and down 1-3 lbs depending on the day. It's in the basement and I'll weigh on Sundays until I manage to break this plateau
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #3  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcossel View Post
So in 1 month I lost 3.2 lbs and 6 inches!

Six inches!!! Now THAT is progress!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm feeling very bummed today I've plateau'd for months and part of it is my fault- I haven't been too dedicated to exercising. So two weeks ago I started working out more, logging in all my calories, and so on. I've been so proud of myself and today I'm at 213! I'm like dude come on! I feel so depressed, like I'm destined to be over 200 lbs forever. I know the number isn't all that matters but I feel like now that I've been putting in effort again that the scale isn't budging.

I'm not giving up but today just doesn't seem like a good day
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  

beerab, I totally understand! It's only been 1 week! You can do it.

Sooo....

I am so frustrated. I am 151.6 again. I really don't understand it. I've gone back and looked at my stats from when I was losing weight and there really isn't a difference. I'm doing everything.

I drink 60-70 oz of water
I watch my sodium
I allow only a quarter or less of my calories for a "treat" (per jillian micheals)
I vary my intake.
My calorie deficit averages right at 1000 calories a day.
I workout every day except monday (rest day)

The ONLY thing I can think of is to eat more so that my deficit is only 500 a day and see if that works.

I'm going to post this on the plateau thread too but I thought I could use all the support possible.

My recent weights....

8/17 151.4
8/24 151.6 (avg deficit for the week before was almost 1200 calories)
8/31 151.4 (avg deficit for the week before was 1090)
9/1 151.6

A huge part of me wants to quit working out for a week and see if that works ( worked before) but I have a 5k sept 26th so I probably shouldn't.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

lol i was about to whinge in my own thread (still might) about loosing 3lbs in 2 months.. this is getting ridiculous. I haven't changed anything, and yet i cant lose weight. I look smaller. But im beginning to wonder what the point of looking small is, if i cant weigh less (like i want to) and my clothes hang off me anyway - i cant afford to buy new ones, so i have to do with what i have.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I know the number isn't all that matters but I feel like now that I've been putting in effort again that the scale isn't budging.

I'm not giving up but today just doesn't seem like a good day
amen sister
Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #8  

Jinksie,

Girl, I think alot of what you are going through has nothing to do with your weight. Just reading between the lines.

But as far as money is concerned, I put a little bit away every month towards clothes that I will buy when I am smaller. It helps me look forward to it. And I totally recommend you read total money makeover.

You remind me a lot of my little sister and I realize that this age and time of life is hard and alot of transition. But it doesn't last. I promise.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Scale went down half a pound today- that's good- I'm not letting this discourage me- I just finished TOM so I'm hoping this next weigh in I DO see a loss! Come on 211!

I think it's one of those things where your body gets stubborn and we have to keep pushing along and not giving up.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

blargh. ive been at 179-181 for over a month. it can be SO frustrating. i literally almost cried last weigh in. i also have no good reason that im not losing weight, i have been on plan and had a good calorie deficit. i guess sometimes weight just doesnt come off the way you want it to. i figure if i keep going, ill get past this.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #11  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I'm here to support everyone during your plateaus.
It sucks that we're all busting our @$$es & the scale is being a total B*$&#!
But I'm here for some support to.
Aug 1st - 224
Sept 1st - 223.6

I'm doing the same thing I was doing in June & July. I'm eating the same but I definitely upped the intensity of my exercise in August so I'm hoping I lost a bunch of fat and gained muscle. I actually got down to 220.8 somewhere in between these numbers but it was fleeting. I know I'm losing inches, because my clothes are fitting a little better, but WHY OH WHY WILL YOU NOT MOVE! SCALE!! Plus, I should be getting TOM in the next few days so I'm praying for a Whoosh after this week.

Candice - I feel like you lived my month.
I have a bodybugg to track my calories burned so my deficits definitely warrant at least a LOSS in the past month.
I drink at least 80oz a day of water, usually much more.
No diet sodas, my sodium has been fine.
I work out 5-6 days a week for an hour each day.
I weigh & measure everything I eat (oh, I'm getting a little OCD w/this)
I'm also doing my first 5k on 09/26/09 so I've been really busting my butt w/my cardio.

*sigh * :hugs: to all of us. I'm going to keep plugging away & pray that the scale treats us all a little better in September. xoxo
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcossel View Post

But as far as money is concerned, I put a little bit away every month towards clothes that I will buy when I am smaller. It helps me look forward to it. And I totally recommend you read total money makeover.

You remind me a lot of my little sister and I realize that this age and time of life is hard and alot of transition. But it doesn't last. I promise.
i dont even have the luxury of putting money aside... Cos honestly, it comes down to being homeless by Christmas or some new clothes i can look cute in.....

and how old is your lil sister? o0 im almost 24 lol.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Me too! The scale is just not going down anymore and it is frustrating! I don't know what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong but even weeks I did everything perfect I did not lose weight!
I eat in my calories range, exercise religiously and even drink water and choose foods low in sodium. But nothing!
I did eat a 5th avenue today...I am just trying to eat more fats so that my body realizes there is no famine.
I haven't done measurements since June because I quit Curves and they measured me...
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #14  

So I decided today to up my calories. Since I am not very overweight I think maybe 1000 calorie deficit is to much for my body. At least I hope that's the issue. So I am going to try and eat closer to 500 calorie deficit. We shall see.

Candice