Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/115

Height: 5"1

Default I lost 2lbs Yeah! Need exercise motivation!

I got off of work yesterday morning and I weighed myself and I had lost 2lbs. I know that is does not sound like much but that darn scale has been stuck forever! I made a decision last week after one of my first post here that if I haft to tie my hands behind my back the eating for no reason has got to stop. I have been making healthier choices with my food and I feel a little more in control. The problem I am having is trying to motivate myself for my exercise program, how many days a week do you all work out and do you work out a few days in a row or every other day. I work nights so it is very hard to keep a consistant schedule because I am so darn tired all the time, any advice would be great.
Jen
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, you could start out by going for walks! No, really. I live in Fla. too, so I either walk early in the day or I go to an indoor mall and walk there.

You could also look into exercise videos like "Walk Away The Pounds" or many, many others that will give you a workout at home. Some can be found at libraries. If you have cable or satellite TV there are also channels that have workouts.

I joined the YMCA when I first started losing, and I would go there 5 or 6 times a week, doing different things each day and resting every 3 days. I still belong to a gym--a great thing in the summers.

The important thing is, if you aren't used to exercise, start off with something manageable, that you can fit in. Don't think you have to go from zero to marathons in a short time! Keep it simple...

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I exercise twice a day everyday.

I dance for an hour in the morning - just put good, upbeat songs on my iPod and pounce around.

In the evenings, my hubby and I either play tennis or go for a walk/jog combo. I jog and then jog back to him.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #4  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Congratulations on the 2lb lost Jinx!

I also have trouble motivating myself to exercise!

I try to exercise everyday. I find that if I exercise first thing then everytime I think of exercise, I get happy thinking, oh i've already exercised!

I try not to do the same exercise everyday, but change it.
i alternate between the following exercises:

jumping on my mini trampoline - (rebounder) every time I add 30 seconds. i've gotten up to 16 minutes. (but I take a quick 30 second break at each 5 minute intervals)

running/jogging/walking. I cant run or jog for more than 1 minute, before my shins start to hurt because of the lactic acid. So I jog/run for 1 minute, and then walk for a minute or so, I go running in my local park.

squats with hand held weights and stomach crunches.

play tennis.

--

i read this really nice article on the internet about the chemistry behind exercise, and it really motivated me. I'm not sure if I can copy paste the full article here, if that's allowed?? if so , I will copy paste the article.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/115

Height: 5"1

I just got Hip Hop ABS and I have a treadmill so I try to do that as much as possible, my schedule of working 10 pm- 6 am Sun -Wed and 2pm -10 pm Thur make it hard to be consistant. I take thursdays off because there is no way to fit it in. I am doing the best I can and hopefully I will be able to find a way to get a routine going.
Thanks,
Jen
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your loss! I have a hard time motivating myself to exercise. What I've started doing is taking large print books out of the library so I can read a novel while I use the elliptical.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote