navigated my first dinner out!

• I met w/a group of friends for dinner at the Olive Garden tonight. I did SO well! I ordered Salmon and broccoli and asked them to hold the oil. I even managed to be reasonable with the oh-so-yummy salad. I had one small scoop, rather than 2 plates of it as I usually do. Feels weird to have to limit the salad, but there is a very good, very high-calorie reason their salad is so yummy! haha.

Oh, and when everyone was enjoying their desserts, I sipped my water and didn't even really mind. I think I was too proud of myself to feel tempted at that point.

One step closer to success!
  • Nicely done! It's sooo easy to fall into old habits when we go out with friends- ask me how I know?! Way to stick to your plan- I know that tastes better than dessert!
  • for sticking to your plan in a tempting restaurant setting!
  • outstanding!
  • That's really exciting!!! It's the hardest thing for me to do. As soon as I know I'll be eating with friends, I feel like my whole day will be ruined, so I started carrying a small notebook in my purse with some healthy choices for each restaurant we usually go to. I actually went to cold stone this week and ordered ice cream that ended up only costing me 165 calories!
  • Good for you! Eating out and being on a diet is so hard!
  • Hooray for you!!
  • Doesn't it feel awesome?! Eating out can be really hard.. But it seems like you conquered that one ! Way to go!