3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How much weight in 3 months?! HELP! lol... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/177978-how-much-weight-3-months-help-lol.html)

kiahna23 07-30-2009 09:29 PM

How much weight in 3 months?! HELP! lol...

Ok so um....Im 24 and I weigh 146lbs! geesh! May not seem like alot but majority of it is my stomach. Me and my wonderful husband have 4 kids. I dont have stretch marks and I look fairly well..I am so vain! I want to lose 20lbs+ by october 31st to fit into this freaking costume! Ofcourse Im going to keep it off but I find that if I give myself a reason or an incentive then I will try harder. I havent gained ANY weight no matter how I eat...BUT! I cant lose it either! I am getting stressed out...I havent been on here in months and months and I havent lost a pound..

So today I started the P90X..OH MAN! Talk about sweating like a dog! lol
The workout was like over an hour but I couldnt do the last 28 minutes...I felt like oh no! So I want to know how I can maximize my P90x results and lose the most weight possible....I eat well but I have things love affair for carbs...yes carbs..I love bread and waffles and dark chocolate muffins! You know the really big ones and when you pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so they are awesome!

PLEASE HELP!

How much weight can I lose...And help the P90X system work better?
I have till october 31st!

Madison 07-30-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiahna23 (Post 2852240)
I am getting stressed out...I havent been on here in months and months and I havent lost a pound..

What are you doing to lose the weight? Food-wise . . . I note you mention you just started P90X which is great! :) Are you eating enough? Enough good food to fuel your workouts? Tracking all your food even the odd choc muffin here and there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiahna23 (Post 2852240)
How much weight can I lose...And help the P90X system work better? I have till october 31st!

Why the deadline?

kiahna23 07-30-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni (Post 2852248)
What are you doing to lose the weight? Food-wise . . . I note you mention you just started P90X which is great! :) Are you eating enough? Enough good food to fuel your workouts? Tracking all your food even the odd choc muffin here and there?

Why the deadline?

The deadline is so I can wear this costume that I found! lol...I wont gain it back but I want to wear a specific skimpy costume....Halloween is the only day I can be a hoochie! lol...

And as far as my food...I probably dont eat enough to fuel my workouts....I was tired afterward and during....

Madison 07-30-2009 10:05 PM

I wish we had Halloween here! :D

JureeRu 07-30-2009 10:41 PM

i had a goal of losing 25 lbs. by halloween too, but i think it's better not to pressure myself so much and put a time limit to it. sometimes, setting a time to lose the weight for a special occasion or whatever can be motivation, but i've learned through my experience, that rushing doesn't really work. it usually leads to burning yourself out in the gym, or going on an extreme diet that'll just make you binge later. i think if you just keep eating right and doing moderate intensity exercise, and not worry so much how long it'll take, eventually you'll get to your goal. 3 months i think is a good amount of time to lose around 20 lbs. i lost 20 lbs. in 2 months from eating a 1600 calorie diet and doing elliptical for 45 minutes, 5 days/week. but then again, that was 20 lbs. lost from a starting weight of 160, and everyone's body is different so you may be able to lose more or less than i did. but just keep at whatever you're doing. it sounds like your workouts are pretty intense.

good luck! hope you fit into your costume in time!

kiahna23 07-31-2009 02:51 AM

THANX to both of you......I will post results later....

GOOD LUCK to you guys as well! ttyl.

AngelicLyna 07-31-2009 04:22 AM

P90x is hardcore, I pop in the DVDs once in a while, but he did say that you need to build stregth over time to get to that level. Start low then gradually add more to intensify your workout. Honestly, if you want to get the maximize your results, you need to the give up the sweet treats and go for fruits, more protein and drink lots and lots of water not just the required amount. You can also jog a little in the morning before you eat so your body can burn fat. I'm sololy speaking from my experiences. I always get the best results if I stick to my meal plans, run in the morning and then exercising later in the day. Two months ago I couldn't even walk down the stairs and now I can jog 3-5 miles a day, do 90 push ups, 40 jumping jacks, 40 situps, 25 mins of resistance training and now I'm also more flexible, I can bend over and place my palms flat on the floor with my legs straight.

20+lbs to lose by October might be a bit much, it's recommended that people should lose 0.5lbs to 2 lbs a week. Although it would be awesoooooooome to lose more than 2lbs a week. lol

Anyway, good luck!! I too, want to look sexy as heck next Halloween (2010). What are you going to be this year?

kiahna23 07-31-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelicLyna (Post 2852560)
P90x is hardcore, I pop in the DVDs once in a while, but he did say that you need to build stregth over time to get to that level. Start low then gradually add more to intensify your workout. Honestly, if you want to get the maximize your results, you need to the give up the sweet treats and go for fruits, more protein and drink lots and lots of water not just the required amount. You can also jog a little in the morning before you eat so your body can burn fat. I'm sololy speaking from my experiences. I always get the best results if I stick to my meal plans, run in the morning and then exercising later in the day. Two months ago I couldn't even walk down the stairs and now I can jog 3-5 miles a day, do 90 push ups, 40 jumping jacks, 40 situps, 25 mins of resistance training and now I'm also more flexible, I can bend over and place my palms flat on the floor with my legs straight.

20+lbs to lose by October might be a bit much, it's recommended that people should lose 0.5lbs to 2 lbs a week. Although it would be awesoooooooome to lose more than 2lbs a week. lol

Anyway, good luck!! I too, want to look sexy as heck next Halloween (2010). What are you going to be this year?

Im not sure but maybe a police officer and my husband with be the theif or robber...This is the costume im leaning toward...

http://www.forplaycatalog.com/store/...mesNAT99?Args=

also look at yandy.com this is the other

http://www.yandy.com/Firehouse-Hottie.php

Get you one of these! lol...

VermontMom 07-31-2009 08:24 PM

wow, you've already lost 33 pounds!! congrats!! I'm glad you are working out, that will give you the nice shape to make you look g-o-o-d in either of those costumes!

I also think that 20 pounds by late October is achievable. But you will need to be strict with your food intake. And work out consistantly, both cardio and resistance.

And I thank you for that yandy link!! Fishnets for only $2.95, they are a staple of my biker party outfits :D

KatieBell28 07-31-2009 10:04 PM

Them big beautiful tasty muffins will have to go! Or mostly go.

I would definitely restrict bread intake. Serving sizes are generally suppose to be the size of your fist (your fist, not your hubby's fist). Stick to that general rule, only suppose to be one serving a meal except for veggies. Just pay attention to calorie intake. You'll figure out things like those big muffins take up about a half a day worth of calories.

I have several friends that do the P90X system, but I'll focus on my friend Christa who is a nurse practitioner that uses this for her workout system. She strictly adheres to it, does what it calls for every day, including the break day. She eats on a specific schedule 6 times a day with at least 4 servings of fruit a day, and she only eats breads (muffins, waffles included) on the weekends. Even then she only does one serving. I use the same eating schedule: Breakfast - Snack (fruit) - Lunch - Snack (fruit) - Supper - Snack (dairy or protein).

It gets your metabolism up really quick with the P90X. Getting through the P90X will just take some time :) Gotta build up your fitness level to suit it.

Anyway! Hope you meet your goal!

giselley 07-31-2009 10:13 PM

give up the baked goods.

Jo Kittibuck 07-31-2009 10:24 PM

Ooh, costume! I'm losing towards a costume too. But that's a geek thing, not a Halloween thing. Those are some sexy outfits you've chosen, I bet your hubbie will love it.

20 lbs in 12-13 weeks is doable, if you really push yourself. But I don't try to aim for goals, because if I lose 10 lbs instead of 20, I'd feel bad, and that's pointless. It's 10 lbs lost! Woohoo! Just give it your all, and be happy you're making progress. Also, with just starting this plan, your body is going to fight you for awhile. It likes its weight being stable, so it'll try to hold onto every pound. So don't get frustrated.

For chocolate, I'd recommend vitatop muffins, and microwave minicakes. I love me some dark chocolate minicakes... I always save the 150 calories for one at the end of the day, my reward for behaving myself.

I know what you mean about carbs, I can't get enough of them. If it helps you feel better, I haven't bothered counting or avoiding carbs at all. It is possible to lose without worrying about every single thing. Just count your calories, and try to eat healthier than you are now. And watch out for those sneaky serving sizes.

kiahna23 08-03-2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck (Post 2853935)
Ooh, costume! I'm losing towards a costume too. But that's a geek thing, not a Halloween thing. Those are some sexy outfits you've chosen, I bet your hubbie will love it.

20 lbs in 12-13 weeks is doable, if you really push yourself. But I don't try to aim for goals, because if I lose 10 lbs instead of 20, I'd feel bad, and that's pointless. It's 10 lbs lost! Woohoo! Just give it your all, and be happy you're making progress. Also, with just starting this plan, your body is going to fight you for awhile. It likes its weight being stable, so it'll try to hold onto every pound. So don't get frustrated.

For chocolate, I'd recommend vitatop muffins, and microwave minicakes. I love me some dark chocolate minicakes... I always save the 150 calories for one at the end of the day, my reward for behaving myself.

I know what you mean about carbs, I can't get enough of them. If it helps you feel better, I haven't bothered counting or avoiding carbs at all. It is possible to lose without worrying about every single thing. Just count your calories, and try to eat healthier than you are now. And watch out for those sneaky serving sizes.

If I see the scale go down 10lbs I will be so happy! lol...It doesnt move! I hope to get it to move soon...Im going to post my results and me in my costume on halloween....