Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Read a cute weight loss book - a graphic novel!

I just finished the cutest weight loss book, The Big Skinny - How I Changed my Fattitude. It was written by Carol Lay, an animator, and the book is presented in cartoon format in a graphic novel.

She has some great stuff to say about why she was overweight in the first place, permanent life changes, calorie counting and exercise and the drawings are funny. I was kind of surprised when it showed up from the library in graphic novel format - but I loved it! I would definitely recommend it - to anyone in any stage of their journey.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

I heard about that one--it sounded good! I'm glad to hear your rec!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #3  

This is a great book-covers a lot. I could relate with every stage of weigh gain/loss; denial; family; friends; decisions; commitment, etc.
Its a fun easy book but reads extremely true.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #4  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

One of the reviews said she was hardly overweight - 5'9" and 160 lbs. She lost weight down to 125 lbs???? For her height, even small-framed.. isnt that a bit scary skinny?

I found this recent pic, and she looks okay to me - but also her clothes look like they fit a bit loose - what do you all think? It seems like I can't tell the difference these days on how thin is too thin - I have been overweight too long:

http://www.vromansbookstore.com/file...ay_resized.jpg

The other reviewers do say it is a good book and I bet it does cover a lot of common feelings/issues. Looks like a fun read - lovvve cartoons!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #5  

Her high weight was 206. She has struggled with her weight her whole life, then hovers around 160, the loses the final 30.

Those are the details, but really, from my own experience the I felt just as miserable at 15lbs overweight as I did at 80lbs. Being/feeling fat sucks. So for me, even if the author only lost 5lbs, her experiences rang true to me.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote