3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Another setback (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/177593-another-setback.html)

zaarjunkie 07-26-2009 02:09 PM

Another setback

So I was doing great and on day 5 of the 30 day shred video, getting up early and working out before the heat sets in. This morning after my workout I went to water the garden and pick some flowers. I bend down slightly to pick my last one and I feel intense sharp pain in my back. I threw my back out. I barely was able to walk to my door then onto the couch to lie down. I had a mini-breakdown as I laid there in pain, unable to move, and cried thinking why do things happen to me? One thing after another. I hate having back issues. I know my weight is partly to blame. It's so easy to come up with excuses and so hard to stay committed. Maybe this pain and this experience can be seen as a reminder to stick to my plan and stay on track so that something like this doesn't happen again.

SunshineCA 07-26-2009 02:47 PM

Ouch! Sorry you're experiencing this! Feel better soon. :hug:

jendiet 07-26-2009 04:21 PM

oh sweetie, I hope you get better soon..I have done this before when I weighed 150 lbs! It hurts so much. I was loading horse feed on customers trucks when it happened...I didn't throw my back out at work..it was a couple days later on the weekend...I was playing a board game with my son...and went to stand up and I couldn't!

my heart goes out to you. when it happened...i was in so much pain for days--I actually had to hold onto the wall to walk... then a "still small voice" told me to take the extra headboard i had...and put it under my mattress at the time. I did...and the extra support caused a rapid recovery! Turns out I had to sleep flatter to help my back! maybe this will help you too?

Onederchic 07-26-2009 06:08 PM

Oh no :(. You're in my prayers for a speedy recovery :hug:

Sheena41 07-26-2009 06:10 PM

I know how you feel. I threw mine out last weekend for the 3rd time this year. Ice, and gentle exercise seem to help mine. I also see a chiropractor for help.

When you recover work on strengthening your core muscles. My doc tells me that really helps prevent the problem from recurring.

Mickeypnd 07-26-2009 07:29 PM

I hope you get better! just keep positive.

EveLHaelf 07-26-2009 09:26 PM

OUCH! Stay strong through this and keep pushing on! You can do this! Feel better soon!:hug:

zaarjunkie 07-27-2009 10:52 AM

I'm off to see the doc this morning. Just wanted to thank everyone for their support. I appreciate it!

Onederchic 07-27-2009 10:53 AM

Keep us updated. Good luck :hug:

jendiet 07-27-2009 11:05 AM

I HOPE everything turns out alright! kup!