Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Thank you! I am back on track and I have visited the gym the last few days. Feels good again. <3
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Hi Im doing the exact same plan but I live in TX. I know exactly how you feel...... Im very happy that you are pushing thru this and you give me motivation to do it the right way. For the past week ive been off of it and try everyday to get back on plan and then bamm I mess up again. Keep up the good work.. I hope to have the same results as you. Its a hard plan to follow but it works if we work it. Im starting tomorrow for sure. I'll keep you updated and hope you do the same. Pm if you want or have any questions. Also are you taking their herbal pills and quickboost?

Last edited by proudmommy09; 07-28-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: more info
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

So glad it's working for you! Setbacks happen, throwing in the towel and eating kamakazi because of it is the worst...you forgave yourself, moved past it and kept on trying. You deserve alot of credit...THAT'S the hard part!!

If you're still looking for food ideas...I made a pad thai tonight that was YUMMY!! Lots of bean sprouts, cilantro, onions, some chicken, shrimp, rice noodles and to make my sauce, juice of fresh limes, chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and a spicy garlic sauce...low cal...VERY tasty and fresh!! (I little high on the sodium count with the soy and fish sauce...but worth it!! I just wouldn't eat it right before my weigh in day as I'm sure to retain a little water now! LOL)

Know there are plenty of women (and men I'm sure) that are giving you proper accolades for your efforts!! Keep up the good work!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #64  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations on your loss this week! It's not about perfect eating, we're all
*human* and very few of us can cut stuff out completely without a binge; changing your habits for life is about your good choices outweighing your bad, and about getting back on track when you fall off. If you start up right again after a slip, time after time, you WILL get to where you're going.

Tweak your plan as needed to find something both healthy and sustainable for your life, then continue with your iron clad commitment to your health and let the rest take care of itself.

We occasionally eat junk, life gets hairy, motivation wavers... But as long as you keep your eyes on the prize and focus on being healthy and truly, deeply happy your weight should take care of itself . Any plan that creates a calorie deficit will work to make you lose weight, in the absense of underlying health problems. The rub is finding what plan suits you best, and not
giving up as you struggle to find it!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 329/318/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I didn't catch whether or not you cook, but this is definitely the time to learn. So many of your favorite restaurant/fast food/frozen recipes can be made at home with less sodium, fat, etc. - it makes them so much healthier. And chinese food, especially, can fit that when you load it chock full of yummy veggies, brown rice, and lean meats.

With just a little bit of work you can also learn to make healthy substitutions/eliminations when you're cooking. Several people have mentioned healthier ways to cook using chicken broth. Other things you can do include cutting any amounts of cheese in half, drastically reducing the amounts of oil/butter used (usually you can use 1 teaspoon for every tablespoon the recipe calls for), grilling meats instead of breading/frying them, and using brown rice and whole wheat pastas (I LOVE the Healthy Harvest brand). OH, and don't forget the reduced-sodium soy sauce!

A lot of recipe websites offer a breakdown of the nutritional information for each recipe, so you can check calories, fat, sodium, etc. And because the recipes are from "normal" people, the majority of them are easy to make. My favorite it RecipeZaar - check it out and see what you can find.

You can do this! Look for ways to make it work for you - just don't give up!
taniquelasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi Im doing the exact same plan but I live in TX. I know exactly how you feel...... Im very happy that you are pushing thru this and you give me motivation to do it the right way. For the past week ive been off of it and try everyday to get back on plan and then bamm I mess up again. Keep up the good work.. I hope to have the same results as you. Its a hard plan to follow but it works if we work it. Im starting tomorrow for sure. I'll keep you updated and hope you do the same. Pm if you want or have any questions. Also are you taking their herbal pills and quickboost?
I am taking some of them but I am taking my own daily liquid vitamins as well as my own OMEGA 3's. I should also tell you that they sold me a box of 5protien shakes for 25 bucks and I went to max muscle and he said it has way too much sodium as well as sugars in it and I got 70 servings for $50 and its not a meal replacement... its a extra protien for your body. I just warn you because I think a lot of their stuff is good but you can match it easily! Good luck. Its hard but so worth it.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post

If you're still looking for food ideas...I made a pad thai tonight that was YUMMY!! Lots of bean sprouts, cilantro, onions, some chicken, shrimp, rice noodles and to make my sauce, juice of fresh limes, chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and a spicy garlic sauce...low cal...VERY tasty and fresh!! (I little high on the sodium count with the soy and fish sauce...but worth it!! I just wouldn't eat it right before my weigh in day as I'm sure to retain a little water now! LOL)
Thank you! and that recipe sounds absolutely amazing. I love Thai food. What a great idea.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #68  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post

If you're still looking for food ideas...I made a pad thai tonight that was YUMMY!!
If you want to go even lower cal than a typical pad thai recipe, look on the Hungry Girl website. She has a shrimp pad thai recipe that initially looks disturbing, but upon trying it is pretty durn yummy! It uses tofu noodles and other substitution ingredients. When I do make it again, though, I AM adding in the bean sprouts for some crunch.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumie View Post
It uses tofu noodles and other substitution ingredients.
Can you tell its tofu?? I don't like plain tofu but I saw the picture and they look like real noodles. If your not a tofu person do you think someone would still like them?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #70  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajowens View Post
Can you tell its tofu?? I don't like plain tofu but I saw the picture and they look like real noodles. If your not a tofu person do you think someone would still like them?

If it's a flavor thing, then you'll have no problem with the noodles. They have no taste of their own, really. They just take on the flavor of the pad thai sauce. If it's a texture thing, then you may or may not like them. They do not have the texture of tofu, but it is a different texture than real pasta. The key to it is making sure you get them as dry as possible. It's time consuming, but worth it.

ETA--haver you had tofu in a restaurant? I never liked it when I cooked it myself. Then I had it in a restaurant (PF Changs), loved it, and then learned how to cook it right!

Last edited by Eumie; 07-31-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #71  

Nope... I had it in stir fry once and it just tasted like egg to me. I will try it though.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #72  

Height: 6-1.5

the food pyramid allows something like 6-11 servings of bread, and quite a lot of other stuff-- I won't get into it at this point. Servings are quite a lot smaller than some people think. 2 servings of an apple are 2 halfs.

Yes. You are going to be really hungry for a while. Your stomach will calm down and shrink within maybe a week. 6 servings of bread are 3 sandwiches with bread of the wonderbread size. A serving of vegetables is about 1/2 cup of cooked. A serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards. Any thing else?

Last edited by giselley; 07-31-2009 at 10:28 PM.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

This paticular diet is only two slices of bread though its not quite like the food pyramid. Its really restrictive.
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #74  

Well its much more balanced than my old diet and its only more restrictive during weight loss phase but yes, its harder!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #75  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

this is how i feel like today = ( i keep fluctuating 3-4 pounds down and up over and over again for the past 2 weeks. so today i overate..well binged i guess = (. i'm trying to stay patient and motivated - weight loss doesn't happen overnight but staying on plan has been a struggle. everytime i look in the mirror i really see no change..i've lost over 20 pounds but for some reason it doesn't register when i look in the mirror? i just feel like i'm getting nowhere.
i'm trying to stay off the scale for a week and just focusing on staying on plan.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote