Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default oh this heat.

So here in Oregon we've had this major heatwave hit us like a ton of bricks. I am used to the coastal weather but recently moved more inland and I'm baking from this heat. It's really making it hard to exercise. Last time I worked out was in my living room after work around nine thirty at night and I could only go about ten minutes. Usually I do about 45 minutes worth of good workouts in my living room. I dont have air conditioning, just fans that blow in hot air. It's getting frustrating. I've gone a little off track with my eating as well. I know I will start fresh with eating right tomorrow, I just hope I can get my workouts in. I see results from my workouts and don't want to lose them! Anyone else having this heat problem? I am just not used to it. Do I just need to suck it up?
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

Yeah well, the climate is changing. I certinly am jelous of your weather most of the time. You would not like it if you had to live where I live. Yeah. Basically suck it up and get involved in the fight to stop global warming. I sweat like a pig 1/2 year and freeze the other 1/2. There are very few nice days, just a bit in late spring and early fall.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

when we have really humid days on the east coast, I do my workouts early in the morning and outside.

I also keep my windows closed and shades drawn during the day, opening them in the evenings to get some cool air in. that can make a huge difference.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I found that in order to get consistent exercise, I had to be able to work out regardless of the weather. So, I joined a gym. The YMCA often has inexpensive memberships, and if needed you can sometimes get trial memberships or short-term memberships--say, for the summer.

Where I live now, the YMCA isn't convenient, so I joined a different gym. It pays to shop around, check out the facilities, make sure they have what you need. Try to pay month-by-month rather than a year ahead--gyms have been known to go out of business!

This way, the weather is not a consideration in whether I get my exercise in. I live in Florida, and it's not just hot--we get terrific rain storms on almost a daily basis in the summer.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I live in the south so I am used to dealing with extreme heat. My main exercise is walking and here is what I do:

*walk outside as early in the morning as I can.
*walk on the walking track at my local community center. It is air conditioned and free but boring....
*walk at the mall with all the little old ladies and men
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

yeah, I live in the South too. When I do cardio on my bike. I have my fan blowing on me. We live in a shady area--so that helps alot.

I feel ya on the heat though. I want to do interval walking/running but I would have to get up at 6 am to do that--to beat the heat.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #7  

We have been having just horrible humid hot weather. The air is just thick and heavy with heat.
So, another vote for early am/late night exercise.

The only way to deal really is to work around it.

You can't compete with the sun. She always wins....
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey21 View Post
So here in Oregon we've had this major heatwave hit us like a ton of bricks. I am used to the coastal weather but recently moved more inland and I'm baking from this heat. It's really making it hard to exercise. Last time I worked out was in my living room after work around nine thirty at night and I could only go about ten minutes. Usually I do about 45 minutes worth of good workouts in my living room. I dont have air conditioning, just fans that blow in hot air. It's getting frustrating. I've gone a little off track with my eating as well. I know I will start fresh with eating right tomorrow, I just hope I can get my workouts in. I see results from my workouts and don't want to lose them! Anyone else having this heat problem? I am just not used to it. Do I just need to suck it up?
This is not normal for inland either. I'm also from Oregon. You need to do early early in the morning to beat it right now and even that was hot this morning. But yeah, 104 at 7 pm tonight. crazy. It shouldnt last too long.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote