3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Gah (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/177421-gah.html)

CandieRae 07-23-2009 09:58 PM

Gah

If my scale was a human being, I would punch it in the face.

That's all.

Onederchic 07-23-2009 09:59 PM

lol

Awww, I have had many bouts with the scale, so I understand. Don't let that scale control your emotions :D :hug:

Niecy 07-23-2009 10:14 PM

Same here Candie! Same here!!!

TOM is really getting weird for me. Didn't gain a POUND at June TOM, actually LOST like 3 or 4 pounds the entire week. This time, 2 pounds crept back up out of the blue. It better drop five or six this time, LOL.

CandieRae 07-23-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niecy (Post 2841010)
Same here Candie! Same here!!!

TOM is really getting weird for me. Didn't gain a POUND at June TOM, actually LOST like 3 or 4 pounds the entire week. This time, 2 pounds crept back up out of the blue. It better drop five or six this time, LOL.

That's right scale. It BETTER drop back down or you got a knuckle sandwich comin' your way.

mandalinn82 07-23-2009 10:20 PM

Oh, I have been here.

Doing everything right, the scale not going down...frustrating! But the scale isn't the end-all-be-all of weight! It's one SMALL component. Very small. There's your fitness level. There's your health and related health measures. There's the inches you're losing while the scale struggles to keep up.

I had to separate myself from what my scale said, and focus on what I could do. I can be on plan. I can do my exercise. The scale what do what it will, but I will NOT let it control what I will do.

Leeesa 07-23-2009 10:48 PM

I'm in the same mood, I had a fantastic loss last week and list week up almost a pound, can I say it?? GAH!!!!

Late to the game 07-23-2009 11:38 PM

I feel your pain! But Mandalinn is right.

dragonwoman64 07-24-2009 09:44 AM

:rofl: (hear that sound of breaking glass? = scale flying out the window, ha)

I talk to my scale sometimes like it's a goddess or something: Scale, please be good to me today! funny.

totally good advice to separate self from what scale says. I'm working on that.

iDream 07-24-2009 09:50 AM

Oh I've btdt!! It can be soooo frustrating!

But yeah, the scale is just a part, like Mandalinn said. :)

However, that doesn't stop me from cussing it out every now and again! ;)

jendiet 07-24-2009 11:58 AM

my scale isn't playing nice either. AT LEAST it has a bf% and water % function on it. My water is up. But my fat% is lower.

when I get on the scale, and the number makes me sad...I get off and go get something I couldn't zip up before...and put it on. That makes me feel tons better!

I am not supposed to get that TOM--but I'm actually hoping for it so the scale will go back down! isn't that terrible. I'd like to believe that's why it isn't moving.

SunshineCA 07-24-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandieRae (Post 2840993)
If my scale was a human being, I would punch it in the face.

That's all.

:lol3:

Idealmuse 07-24-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendiet (Post 2841782)
AT LEAST it has a bf% and water % function on it. My water is up. But my fat% is lower.

Hah the body fat thing on mine is even more frustrating then the weight it shows! It's never the same damn number... not even remotely close. I do have one of the older ones that doesn't show water, but still... Makes me want to toss it too. I almost wish it would break so I could splurge on a new one.