new here, please help!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello, I am brand new here and honestlly at the end of my rope. Ive lost and gained so much weight over the years. @ yrs ago lost 60 lbs on Jenny Craig....now gained it back, currently on Weight Watchers which is a joke, agter 20 weeks lost 6 lbs. I am falling into a deep depression over this, I even had a physical and my thyroid checked out fine. I work out, have for years, and eat what I believe is healthy but it is taking over my life, the obsession to loose and not being able to. I see many infomurcuals and have 2 questions, has anyone seen the one for the Skinny Switch secret? and the Food Lovers weight loss, if so, any feed back would be appreciated. I feel I am wasting my money, time and effort with weight watchers and just wonder if there is something different I can do to get out of the slump I have somehow fallen into. Thank you for leting me vent and for your support in advance!
  • Hey!

Well... it sounds like you've had success in the past. What happened after you lost weight on Jenny Craig?

It's unusual for someone to lose 6 pounds in 20 weeks on Weight Watchers unless they are not following the instructions... Is that what's been happening? If so, I would say that unless you are willing to follow instructions to the letter with any program, WW, Skinny Switch, or otherwise, you may not have any better results with them. This is just something to keep in mind. It may be that you would find it easier to follow a plan like Skinny Switch, I don't know.

Have you ever tried simple calorie counting? That's what I've used to lose.

Good luck! Maybe some other members have more experience with those programs.

Jay
  • Another vote for calorie counting here. It is the only plan that has worked for me AND helped me learn to alter my lifestyle so that I didn't gain any of it back

You really can do this! And 3FC is a great site for support and encouragement!
  • It took me 6 months to loose 5lbs on WW, but as Jay said above, I wasn't actually following the program. Sometimes you want to lose weight but you aren't ready, which logically makes no sense and emotionally makes all the sense in the world. I had 2 years of hating myself and desparately wanting to lose weight but somehow just not being ready. I just couldn't make myself do it and it was the most infuriating thing in the world. In April, when I finally did get serious about WW I still wasn't feeling it. But I decided to approach it the way you approach a bad job. You don't want to go, you hate doing it, but you're an adult and you do what you have to do. I started tracking perfectly right down the every dip of every condiment (incidentally I found out honey mustard has about 4x the points I expected it to). The first couple weeks sucked, but when I saw the results it opened the motivation floodgates. It's so much easier to stay on track because I've been reminded what it feels like to succeed. And I'm happier which leads to less depression eating. I realize it can feel borderline impossible to start really working at it, but if you just push through it will get easier.
  • NEW HERE! I need some help in shedding those last few pounds. In my case, that is about 9-10. I have some suggestions for those interested in losing a lot of weight as well but for me, I think I have reached a plateau....arghh....
  • Also, are you doing ww online or going to meetings? And if going to meetings, try speaking up more! I've done ww several times before, and being a shy person I naturally fall into the background and just observe. But I've found that I do so much better and get a LOT more out of the meetings when I speak up. Really, now they have to shut me up!
  • I tried everything, as well. "Low carb" [read : no processed carbs, carbs from fruits/veggies ONLY] worked extremely well for me. It was hard, at first, to cut out rice, pasta and bread, but after a few weeks it wasn't that bad. It also gave me a reason to explore the infinite possibilities of veggies [I'm a pro at spaghetti squash dishes now].
  • I dont do weight watchers on line, I go to the meetings faithfully every week, i journal every thing, weight and measure, count all my pionts, i am very strict with it. I am very frustrated and want to throw my hands up in the air. I am considering tv doets, thats how desprate I am!
  • A friend of mine purchased the food lovers program and since she wanted my sister and I to join her on that program, I had a chance to check it out. I think it was a waste of ALOT of money. You'd be better off spending that money on healthy food, fitness DVDs, fitness gear or pretty much anything BUT an infomercial(sp?) diet plan. This is just my opinion for what it's worth.
  • Can you give a sample day of food you eat? As a former WW'er and current calorie counter, I can say that I have discovered the source of calories really seems to matter for me in terms of actually losing weight. I now eat lean proteins and fruits/veggies and whole grains -- instead of things like the 100 calorie snack packs that I used to eat when on weight watchers.

Just curious...
  • Well, I have already posted in a bunch of the "new" forums but I might as well mention that I am "New" here as well. Any help, tips, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to seeing some progress.
  • I'm a former WWer too and now calorie count....have you brought this up to your WW leader and shown her your journal? Or post a sample day here so we can help
  • Ok, her is a day of eating for me

breakfast- low fat eng muffin w 1 tlb lf peanut butter and 1.2 cup skim milk

lunch- arnold flat bread with t tlb lf marg, i slice lf turky breat and 1 slice ff cheese. 1 cup grapes, 1 lf string cheese

dinner- ( varies) from either 3 oz meat, baked sweet potatoe fries, 1 tlb olive oil, and zuchinni or eggplant grilled with balsamic vinegar, or 1 cup wheat pasts with 1/2 cup sauce and veggies

snack and dessert- friut, sugar free pudding, lf pop corn, lf ypugart ( I mix these up, I dont eat all at the same sitting)

I also wirk out 4xs a week and only drink water.

Please help!
  • I don't know what your daily target is or what all that comes up to, but it seems like it could be low. Are you using all of you points?
  • How many points are you supposed to have and how much do you really eat (it's late for me )? Have you tried eating activity points and/or your extra 35WP if you are eating all of your points?