Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't think that at 32 you're running out of time. I've been there thinking that I was too fat for my wedding, to have a baby, etc. But as a PP mentioned, don't put your life on hold. I was 200lbs when I got pregnant with my first son, delivered him at 253 (I gained a lot obviously, but ate healthy and was somewhat active the whole time). My 2nd son I was 220 and delivered at 250. Both pregnancies were completely healthy - no GD, no high BP, and I felt pretty darn good the majority of the time And both babies came out without any health problems. Both were also average size.

Of course any weight lost before getting pregnant is a good thing, but as long as your doctor says you're healthy enough to get pregnant, I wouldn't put it off if you're ready.
meliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 311/241/235 mini

Height: 5'7"

Today was a better day; thanks to all of you yesterday! I decided to keep pushing and losing and ry to get to 200 before pregnancy but if it happens before I just need to be mindful and follow what my Dr. tells me. Until then...may we all continue to gain some more usccess to our similiar battles of the bulge!
Missunderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #18  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Missunderstood, whatever you do, get on a REALLY effective b/c until you hit the weight you want! I was waiting for an IUD last summer. I made the appointment for September in late July. Long story short, losing 20 pounds sent my reproductive system into hyperdrive, the condoms failed, and my little man was conceived in August. We knew we wanted one more, but I was going to wait until I was 180 pounds. </tangent>
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

My only point is that before you have a baby, you should be at the healthiest you can be to limit risks. You're not too old, you have another good ten years. There's no such thing as "not being thin enough" but there is a thing as not being healthy enough. I am not healthy enough to run a marathon. And thin people can not be healthy enough to run a marathon. Do you think Lindsey Lohan could run a marathon? She'd probably have a heart attack because she's too thin.

Healthy =/= thin, either. Healthy means eating right, getting enough protein and vegetables, exercising regularly, limiting alcohol and not smoking, and being at a good weight for your height.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #20  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missunderstood View Post
Thank you all so much. I am really having a tough emotional time with this; like I am never thin enough. Wasn't thin enough for my wedding, wasn't thin enough to wear the clothes I really wanted to, wasn't thin enough to go on a vacation and do the things that required weight limits, and now not thin enough for a baby. I need to stay focused and just keep trying. My DH will be 36 and he tells me all the time he is getting too old for kids. Our families tell us all the time we are waiting too long. I can't take the presssure anymore, I feel inadequate. I don't want to be all doom and gloom so I need to just tell myself that there is a reason for everything and when it is my time, it willbe mytime for a baby.
((((BIG HUGS)))) I can truly sympathize with you. I have PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) which causes Inferfility, among other lovely things. But my dh and I have been ttc for 10 yrs now. I have heard about every piece of "advice" from everybody who thinks they are an expert and I hear all the pressure of "when are you having kids?" and my mil saying, "I'm never going to be a grandmother" and bawling Yeah lemme feel guilty for that too, why don't ya? So trust me I know. All I can say is you got to somehow block them out because you know what, we are adequate, heck more than adequate!!! Live for you and nobody else! If you wanna join us in the PCOS forum, even if you don't have PCOS, feel free to drop by.

Always remember, you are not alone, you have all of us here at 3FC.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergirl68 View Post
Healthy =/= thin, either. Healthy means eating right, getting enough protein and vegetables, exercising regularly, limiting alcohol and not smoking, and being at a good weight for your height.
I eat right - veggies, protein, barely any sugar and very light on the carbs, and I also have healthy fats. I drink nothing but water - no soda, no coffee, no caffeine drinks. Now and then I will have a beer but again, aside from this all water for me and it has been this way for almost 2 years. I exercise 4 times a week now - was 6 until last week when I hurt my foot and I have been doing this for several months. I think all that is left is a healthy weight for my height which is my point of being a bit upset over the scale. I am still obese in BMI range, and wouldn't be considered "healthy" until I was 158 pounds. Ugh the stresses of the consequences of a bad diet for so many years!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #22  

Thank you so much Sassy Chick!!!