Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Default So freakin' MAAAAD!

I just walked down the street to a neighborhood yard sale. The girls there had some nice GAP jeans and fitted jackets, vintage winter coats and nice summery dresses.

Some of the jackets I tried on outside, but had to go in to try on the dresses. I am now OFFICIALLY in an 8 and the sixes were a bit snug, but I am thinking into the future and didn't want to pass up these nice threads at great prices.

Anyway, as I am trying on the fitted jackets in size 6, my 20 somethings SINGLE neighbor(and now I see why) walks up and tells me that it doesn't look good b/c it is too tight across the back. I proceeded to politely tell him in a way w/out broadcasting to everyone that I am trying to lose weight that I am in transition w/ sizes and they WILL fit by fall. He then tells me that "yeah, but your shoulders and ribs themselves aren't going to shrink". He actually wanted to argue my size in front of other people! Why do people do crap like this. Was he TRYING to embarrass me? Which didn't work b/c the women I bought the clothes from were my age and apparently my same size range. This guy is fixated on women's sizes. When he meets a new girl, he doesn't tell me or my husband about her personality and such, he goes on and on about "Yeah, she is about 130 lbs, great figure".

UGH!! I wish people would mind their own da%m beeswax!!!! When I lose weight, ummmm, DUH!!! my size WILL go down.

Maybe he is one of those people who believe all overweight people are "big-boned".

Last edited by Niecy; 07-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Ew...that guy doesn't sound...well maybe he will grow out of it one day. *one can hope*

Probably he was trying to "help" but lacks social grace and well...he needs to learn when to shut up, smile, and nod to be honest lol. People sometimes are jerky and I like to think a lot of them don't mean to be. Meaning, they are literally unaware there is a problem.

I can think of a person in my life who is like that. The man is very rude to people and literally is unaware of his behavior. I mean people will run away from him or avoid him, he is just generally unpleasant lol. He lives in his own world thinking he is just the greatest lol. He is a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but has a personality flaw. Haha a big one.

*HUGS* I can see why it would upset you, I would be steaming too!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

OMG!! Stupid people are one of my biggest pet peeve. If you want, I will come pay him a visit with my trusty baseball bat
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Totally so NOT cool...next time, if he makes a comment, just say "Yah, you're probably right" and keep on doing what you are doing. If he persists, say "Yah, it's CRAZY, isn't it" and carry on. I guarantee you the conversation will be over.
No point in explaining yourself or trying to convince this guy about your motives. He'll never. ever. get. it.

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #5  

LOL Chunkychic!

I think I have definitely found my motivation for the day. I am going to pretend that with every stride I take jogging on the treadmill, I am stepping on his head with my tennis shoes, lol.

Jacquie, I dunno. He is nearing 30 so his time is running out. My husband liked the clothes though, so to this neighbor, lol.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #6  

Kira, that is a great response! Can totally see where that would put an end to the discussion. I should have told him that I have this OCD of buying clothes that are many sizes too small and I just have ROOMS full of them. But I am trying to get help, haha.

Several months from now he would see what an idiotic comment that was. And what would be even better is if he told other neighbors, LOL!

I always do that; figure out good things to say HOURS after the topic is over.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

For me, the ultimate rebuttal comes to me at 3 am...but it would be weird to call the person up and say, "oh YEAH??? Well blah blah BLAH" and hang up the phone...although I've been tempted...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 07-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niecy View Post
LOL Chunkychic!

I think I have definitely found my motivation for the day. I am going to pretend that with every stride I take jogging on the treadmill, I am stepping on his head with my tennis shoes, lol.

Jacquie, I dunno. He is nearing 30 so his time is running out. My husband liked the clothes though, so to this neighbor, lol.
Ack...nearing 30 and still jerky. I guess he will be one of those people that people run away from at parties. lol
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #9  

Yeah, RUN, RUN, RUN!! lol. He literally said something to this effect once on one of his networking pages, twitter or something like that:

Why is it that the overweight girls are into toned guys, but when the toned guy doesn't return the feeling, she gets all mad and calls him shallow.

I am sure that tidbit just made that girl overflow with passion for him. I *think* I know the girl he was referring to, and yes, she is overweight BUT from what I have seen of her, she is cute and has a great personality, a good job and high ambition. His loss!

For the most part, this guy is cool to have as a neighbor. He is not ALL bad. Up until today anyway. But he got on my bad side today. My husband thinks maybe he was being "brotherly" to me but even he could definitely see why I was upset.

Kira, yep that is me too. I can get away with it when it is my husband, lol. I will wake him up at 11PM still ranting sometimes and he is like, WHAT are you talking about? Oh, that conversation from YESTERDAY???? haha

Last edited by Niecy; 07-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I wonder if the guy is gay honestly. What man does something like that--what guy concerns himself with what a woman is wearing. The only guy I know that does that IS GAY!

Yes, he needs to DEFINITELY mind his business.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

what a cad! Wow, I would definitely wear it walking down the street a couple times in his sight when it does fit perfectly.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #12  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Brain-Mouth filters. Some people lack them.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #13  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

And now you know why he's still single.

Have you considered telling him that talking only about a woman's looks makes a person sound shallow? Maybe he isn't even aware of how he's coming across. Maybe he's been going through all of these relationships, not sure why it isn't working out when he's so helpful with his ideas for her to improve herself.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #14  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Loll Candie!!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #15  

Thighs Be Gone:

Interestingly enough, that VERY topic has been passed around the neighborhood! We are a very mixed neighborhood and a lot of the guys here who ARE gay swear he is "in the closet". BUT, I try not to say anything just listen, like oh, ok. Cuz I SURE don't wanna go down for starting that rumor, but the gay guys don't care, they say it, lol.

Jen, that is just what I plan to do. I will wear it and go ask him for some eggs or something, LOL.

I guess what really hurt was that I have worked SOOOO hard to get where I am. Even building up some nerve to go bathing suit shopping. The real deal is hard work and a lot of dedication. And he just made me feel that all of my hard work was of no importance or futile and that I am still as big as I was when he first moved here 2.5 yrs or so ago (about 180). And I know I still have some work to do, but a size 8 is not exactly huge. In fact, by todays US standards my opinion of a size 8 is actually on the small side of medium in comparison to the general population, excluding those with serious ED like bulimia and anorexia. But he is acting like my size 8 is the same as when I wore 14/16's.

Ok, I just wanted to take a break and rant again after getting off the bike. On to the treadmill to smash his face with my shoes, LOL.