Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #16  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychic View Post
I would much rather be at home where I can cook a meal that I know what is going in it but that's me. I do have an occasional Subway turkey on wheat, no cheese, all the veggies but that's not really a restaurant I suppose :P
lol I work at a Subway!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #17  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
lol I work at a Subway!
I use to be a night manager at one for 2 years. But that was before my healthy eating and I would eat nothing but steak and cheese...extra steak, extra cheese and extra mayo
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #18  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I so TOTALLY love Subway!
I'll be done my exercise around 11:30 am so I've planned to work it into my day tomorrow (I'm on Weight Watchers)!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #19  
Resident Pixie

Yay Kira! Have something for me too
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #20  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Maybe I'll trade in my breakfast toast (2 points) for some Baked Lays...

and YOU ROCK, Ms Chic (I refuse to call you "chunky" because you clearly aren't!)
Those stats are a-FREAKIN-mazing...

Keep up the inspiring work!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 07-09-2009 at 09:09 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #21  
Resident Pixie

Awww thank you so much, Kira!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #22  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Splitting an entree is a great idea that my sweetie and I often do when eating out. The wait staff never seems to mind and we save money and calories.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #23  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita09 View Post
Splitting an entree is a great idea that my sweetie and I often do when eating out. The wait staff never seems to mind and we save money and calories.
That is a pretty nifty idea, thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #24  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I work for a company that owns a bunch of restaurants. My office is above one and my lunch is provided daily off the menu.

You can imagine the sheer terror I had when I started. I viewed eating out as a rare treat and an indulgence and now it was going to be part of my every day life! I did consider bringing my own lunches, but then thought about all the money I would be saving on groceries

As it turns out, it's been a neat experiment. I'm comfortable asking questions about the ingredients and requesting substitutions. I'm also not afraid to experiment with different things. It's made me a better cook.

Some days, I really want a burger or pasta or a sandwich or whatever, but I tell myself that it will be there tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that. Most days I'm content with my salad or my hummus plate with fresh veggies It has also completely eliminated my snacking. I do not eat between meals anymore because the metnality of "eating out" is still in the back of my head, if that makes sense. I've been able to maintain my weight with little effort.

But Mandalinn, I agree. Thai food is just one of those things I'm going to leave to the professionals!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I've gone out to dinner at a restaurant at LEAST one night a week, ever since I started my journey. I love going out - I'd never give it up!

I am the special order queen - I used to work in a restaurant and I know that the waitstaff/kitchen just really don't care, they aren't going to remember me as the "weird one" - it happens a lot and they just want to get through the night. Ordering double veggies without butter isn't even a blip on their "weird" radar (in case anyone felt self conscious about getting what you want - DON'T).

I do try to stay a little savvy about it - Bloomin' Onion, Fettucini Alfredo, any of the dishes at P.F. Chang's that I know have 2000+ calories - NO WAY. There's always something yummy that fits within my plan (even when I'm splurging, I'm usually still "on plan" within the splurge, if that makes any sense).

Last edited by Glory87; 07-10-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #26  

I am another that loves to cook. I do also love eating out. When I do eat out I try to go to a restaurant that does food amazing with the same high quality ingredients I use at home (organic fruits/veg, grass fed beef, wild fish, etc). There are a couple raw restaurants I just love. Half the experience is the visual appeal and just pure creativity of the ingredients. But sadly, these venues are few and far. I hope more restaurants catch on and I'll eat out even more! As for the rest-bleh, no thank you.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote