Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/150/140

Height: 5'7

Default In a weird place

For the first time in a long time I'm at a healthy body weight for my height. I look good, I feel good. The problem is when I hit my first goal weight (150), all my motivation was sucked out of me. What motivated me before was how unhappy I was with my body and how self conscious I was, now that I'm happy it's hard to find the umph to exercise. I've been in this weird plateau for 8 months now. Thankfully I haven't gained anything, I've managed to maintain this weight by usually watching what i eat and by doing things like walking instead of taking a bus.

I'd really like to get down to somewhere between 140-130. Actually the number is sort of irrelevant, but I'd love to tone up more - something that requires actual effort and intentional exercise. If anyone has tips on how to get myself back on track I'd be so grateful!
Hypra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I would work on finding some "exercise" that you love. Go hiking, take up rock climbing, join a belly dancing class, start a mini bootcamp with some friends, find a yoga studio - or do all of those things!

My exercise is solely hiking, daily yoga practice and lifting hand weights. At some point I'm going to head to the local REI for rock climbing, and maybe take a belly dancing class.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/150/140

Height: 5'7

I live in a city, I'm broke and car-less which sort of limits my options. I like using an exercise bike but I've been having a hard time making myself do it. And I've tried walking for walking's sake but I find it incredibly boring.

Of course, I'm sure I could come up with an excuse for anything, haha
Hypra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok, pretend you were answering your own post - what would you say?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

DVDs are what I use, that and the Wii.

I googled "free online workout videos", here is one of the links but there are many others http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/

While walking you could listen to music on an ipod, mp3 player, etc.

Determination has to override the excuses if you want to succeed.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

You are 5'7. You are at a weight that your body can handle. I don't think you need to be 130 anything. Maybe 140. Definitely pick up some weights! I think all you want to do now is tone up. Weights and protein.

Great job on maintaining!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #7  
No description available.

How about a challenge? Maybe select a 5K or some other event to train for? A lot of running shops sponsor running groups and maybe you could meet up with some other people for accountability and company. How about joining the Y or another affordable gym and trying spin, yoga, weightlifting, etc.?

Good luck!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote