Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Question Another Question!

I don't remember who said it, but I think it's odd that you're supposed to "weigh yourself everyday if you are maintaining and once a week if you are trying to lose"! Almost seems backwards to me! I've weighed myself several times a day for as long as I can remember...

I also had another reason for posting this thread... it might seem kinda gross to others It has to do with constipation and the Miralax that I take for it (dietitian recommended). See, the thing is... it doesn't "kick in" until later on in the morning, usually after I've done my first weigh-in. So should I wait until the Miralax kicks in and then weigh myself? When I weigh-in at that time, I'm about 2 lbs. lighter. I kinda don't like weighing myself when I'm all constipated... Sorry for being yucky!

MrsLovett

Last edited by MrsLovett; 07-09-2009 at 02:42 PM.
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/149/105

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
I weigh on Friday mornings, naked after potty run, BEFORE anything else.
jacque9999, im with you on there, too.
i do all that naked, after potty lol..but i do it on mondays coz thats a fresh start for me...lol
joyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Question

Hello!

I think I'm going to try weighing myself various times of day and see what's what. We'll see.

Jacque9999,
I usually weigh myself with nothing on just to be sure it's a true weight! Well, most of the time anyway. I guess my first thing in the morning weight is the best one, the one that I do before I've had anything to eat and everything. I just wonder about it being lower later in the day and if I should count the higher weight or the lower one as my "official" weight for the day.

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:01 AM   #19  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

After reading all these posts, it amazes me how everyone has their own way of doing a simple thing like weighing themselves. The bottom line is, IMHO, is everyone should weigh themselves when it works for them....whether it be on a Monday or a Friday, morning or night, clothed or naked....still doesn't really matter what the number is....If you are eating well, exercising and feel good, then the number is just that....a number.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/143/120

Height: 5'3"

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after going pee , usually in a t-shirt and underwear.

I like to weigh in everyday....I know that weight can fluctuate due to different factors, so I don't beat myself up if the scale is up by .5 pound or even 1 pound, if I know that I've eaten well and exercised. I like the 'numbers' part of weight loss, so it's important to me to know where I stand weight-wise. And, whether my weight is up or down, I try to use it as a motivational factor....if I'm down, I want to keep up the good work, and if my weight is up, I want to work even harder to make sure that my weight is down the next day!

*Jules*
JulesC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I weigh myself in my in the morning with no clothes after I have used the bathroom and before I eat anything and usually the next day after I have had a hair cut!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Today i weighed myself, as I have done almost every day this week, in the morning, after my morning routine, naked, tossing salt over my shoulder, spinning around four times, doing a ritual and sacrificing a jellay donut by the power of Greyskull, and then....stepping on the scale.

Seriously, whatever works for you is key.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote