Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #121  

Height: 5'6"

Super-J, try treksee.com, it is a program that lets you trace the route you walk/run on a map and gives you the distance you've gone, andit takes you pretty much anywhere in the world. I have used it here in Amsterdam and when I am with the BF in the Alps and it is an American program! And it is free!

Blond, TMJ is just a musculoskeletal problem, a good physio should be able to help you loosen things up, but it is important to know if you grind your teeth or clench your jaw and you might need a nightguard if you do.

Jen - by all means join us! We just support each other through the good stuff and the bad stuff and we're basically just full of baloney!

Gary, sounds like the tournament was fun and the food yummy - just too yummy...

Got out the scales in the kitchen this morning- back to logging!

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 07-26-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #122  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Our "body" scale is in the kitchen!

we put it off to the side when the kids were here...since we all weighed in for different reasons...and that is the only room w/o carpet on the main floor.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

lol...ok, i'm in. yeah, I'm clamoring to get 5 more lbs off myself.

um, if my bf% scale was in the kitchen--I wouldn't want to eat junk! good place for it btw....mine is in bathroom.

dutchgirl! Amsterdam? Alps--you must have an exciting life! I love the mountains.

TMJ is horrible. I do believe that a chiropractor can work the jaw back into place though.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #124  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well the weekend is over and once again i held my own i wish i could just make some head way even if it is .5 lbs. on a side note i have fall out of the weekly WI and am back into the when ever the mood strikes me and that has seemed to work the best for me i am not dependent on the scale. i trust what my body is telling me.

Jendiet--- welcome and have fun here.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jendiet-Welcome! I've heard of chiropracters being able to help with TMJ as well.

Msaugie- That's nice and a good step to trust your own body!

I am feeling a little less bloated today ahem due to some time spent on the toliet. It's raining here today so I can't walk the dogs or let them outside to burn off some energy nor do they like the rain anyways. I will be working out my rear since I woke up so late and I need to be getting back on schedule so I'm going to try to make myself tired. I'm looking for my weights that I have as well since I have some Jillian Michael's resistance training dvds and I think that would help with inch loss and just toning me up and eventually better weight loss. Anyways have a good day!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #126  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Boy, you guys have been busy here today. I'll see if I can catch up.

Gary- Looks like neither one of us is getting anywhere fast, except up and down. I was 184.6 today. Wish I could blame hot dogs and chips, but I ate good yesterday, so go figure.

Dutch- Good for getting out those scales again. I might need to follow suit. Maybe I am eating more than I think.

Blonde- Yeppers. She will pull out her exercises whenever she has a flare up. You could look into it.

SuperJ- that's the way to do it. Just get out there and hit the streets. I clock with my pedometer, or in the car sometimes.

Jen- This is just kind of a fun lovin thread. We joke and take some jabs, but support each other as much aas we can.

Just finished my workout and a shower. Now it is time for a snack and "Dance Your *** Off".
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #127  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MINDY I was 184.0 this morning

JEN glad to have you back!

BRAT so many others could use that rain!

MRSAUGIE the scale is just a tool in your journey!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #128  

Ate On Plan yesterday, drank lots of water.
210 lbs this morning
I know, I know, probably water weight, but hey, I'll gladly take it!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

So I made it and woke up three hours earlier than what I did yesterday. OOhhh.. I am a bit tired plus I'm packing today and washing last minute things to leave tomorrow and taking care of some last minute money stuff to make things easier on hubby. I'm a bit nervous about going on vacation since I have a feeling we'll be eating out. I weighed myself last night and I was 204.6 which isn't bad considering I had eaten my 3 meals and etc.

Anyways have a great day!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #130  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
MINDY I was 184.0 this morning

JEN glad to have you back!

BRAT so many others could use that rain!

MRSAUGIE the scale is just a tool in your journey!
yeah i know that that is why weighing when the mood strikes seems to work really good. because it may be weekly or once a month or every other month that i do an official WI. i am not so dependant on what it says and i do not want to give up when i see it go up for a couple of weeks in a row.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 07-28-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #131  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Still hovering in the 183's. 183.8 today. I did a 3 mile walk/jog tonight. Man was it humid. When I got home I felt like I had just gotten out of the shower, except stinky. FUN, FUN!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #132  

hey Gary and tiger--jog your calories a little bit. Raise them about 500 one day and then drop them back the next. Seems to work for alot of people. It worked for me! 177 or 176 something for 12 days and then after 4 days of cycling calories--175! woot!

You guys can do it. I remember hating the 180s so badly a couple of weeks ago.

but "This too shall pass".

I'm supposed to be eating 1700 today. Omg, my stomach hurts from dinner! And I only got 1185 cs. I'm just done for today I'll try to raise it again tomorrow.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #133  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
hey Gary and tiger--jog your calories a little bit. Raise them about 500 one day and then drop them back the next....
I'm not sure I can drink 5 more beers a day JEN but I'll give 'er a go Did you eat too much for dinner?

MINDY...scale read 182.6 this morning...no clue what is going on...but I will take it. Sorry for the humidity...we don't experience it here much...happy for that!

MRSAUGIE just remember that when the "mood" strikes is way different on the scale at night than the morning...try to get those mood swings at the same time...

BRAT Enjoy that vacation and you can eat out sensibly! Just use the tools you have picked up here.

Well TEAM For dinner tonight Angie grilled burgers...no buns...with feta cheese on top....Trader Joe's Sweet Potato fries....and caprese, made with fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden and some really good mozzarella cheese wedges...yum-o...as Rach says
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
[Well TEAM For dinner tonight Angie grilled burgers...no buns...with feta cheese on top....Trader Joe's Sweet Potato fries....and caprese, made with fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden and some really good mozzarella cheese wedges...yum-o...as Rach says
You poor thing, being made to eat stuff like that!
The tomatoes in my garden are still green, but there are lots of them and I can't wait for them to ripen up. We need some good sunshine.

Ate On Plan yesterday and drank lots of water.
Scale says 209 lbs today, so I am a happy bunny.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #135  

lol. Gary! Ha, I didn't mean 5 more beers. ...

I had some very yummy cream of chicken soup my SO's grandpa makes. I added elbow maccaroni, shrimp, squash, and green onions to it. I had 1 cup of this.

Then after dinner I had a 1/2 cup icecream. And 2 glasses of green tea.

I was just full from eating dinner. My plan makes it harder to eat. I had before dinner only eaten 515 calories.

I really am going to up my calories today.

Yay on the 182.6 that is a lovely number to see! after 183. somethings

dutchgirl! woot. Happy for you. I love your quote. Tickles me silly and it so true!!!

I'm beginnning to wish there was such an animal as Trader Joe out here.

I have a garden too. We have tomatoes (better boy, grape, cherry), okra, corn, peppers, squash, broccoli, spinach, radishes, onions and cucumbers.

I don't know how to harvest some of it. But the squash and cucumbers and tomatoes have been a great investment.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-29-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Closed Thread