Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Now that is the attitude we are looking for TEAM...

but DUTCH.....at 112...I wouldn't worry too much.....wink

OK...what gives? Yesterday's must have been a fluke...184.6 this morning. Seriously, can I really have 2 pound swings in one day?

No big deal which is correct...me thinks it's the 184.6....dang...HA!

off for a walk then....go Gary go....

Have a great week-end TEAM!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-25-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #107  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Now that is the attitude we are looking for TEAM...

but DUTCH.....at 112...I wouldn't worry too much.....wink

OK...what gives? Yesterday's must have been a fluke...184.6 this morning. Seriously, can I really have 2 pound swings in one day?

No big deal which is correct...me thinks it's the 184.6....dang...HA!

off for a walk then....go Gary go....

Have a great week-end TEAM!

Ahum - make that 212... if I were 112 you'd be calling an ambulance
and 2 lb swings? Ooooh yes!
Some salty food will easily do that for ya!
Keep up the good works though, and you WILL get there
Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

So in the past two weeks according to my dr's nurse I have lost 5 pounds since I last saw them so my scale is correct. I went to the dr. yesterday since the headache I have has been hanging around for close to a month and had started spreading to my facial muscles and jaw these past couple of days which sort of concerned me since I've never had that. I'd like it gone or on its way being gone by the time I go on my trip since I'd like to enjoy my trip like a normal human being. So I went in to see the doc to talk to him and came out yep you guessed it with another prescription sigh. So we'll see. I've got a lunch today with a friend at Chili's and I'm looking forward to it. Have a great weekend all!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #109  

Blond, do you have a dentist you like? you might want to make an appointment with him/her, your headache problems spreading to your facial muscles sounds like you might have some TMJ-problems.
Those are frequently related to stress, and I would say you have had your share of that.
A dentist can diagnose this better than a MD, and can provide you with a nightguard if necessary.
Relaxation exercises, meditation and massage can bring some relief as well.
It is worth the visit to the dentist, I promise you.

AND WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 07-25-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great advice for the BRAT
Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #111  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPER J

May this be the best day ever for you as you re-focus your journey
Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #112  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Thank you, EZ! Now that I'm 31 (!!) I should probably work out and stuff. After today. Because I'm getting pizza and ice cream cake!

I'm worried. I quit my job at the gym so I won't have a free membership anymore. Can I really lose weight by just using resistance bands and running/walking outside?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #113  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

SuperJ- I have lost 70 pounds without a gym. So yes, you can do it. I do have several DVD's also. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Brat- My DD has TMJ and has gone to physical therapy for it. She has found it helpful. Might be worth checking out.

Dutch- When I get really frustrated I get out my scale and start weighing things again. Good plan.

Gary- I think my eyesight is fine. I think it is your self imposed view getting in the way. We are always harder on ourselves than others are. I can see a huge weight loss in myself but I also see ALL the flaws and flab I have left to work on. They bother me more than other people.

Yesterday- 185!! What's up with that?? Today- 183.6, again.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #114  

EZ and Tiger, sounds like you two are doing the water-walz: Up-two-three, down-two-three

Tiger, you are right, I need to get myself on the bathroom scale and my food on the kitchen scale again. That is the only way to accurately log my food, and if I don't log, I don't lose. It is that simple. I have already prepared some good healthy food for the week, so all I have to do is pop it in the microwave. No excuses of being too pooped to cook.
I tried this soda just because it sounded really good, orange-passionfruit juice with sparkling mineral water and I really loved it. So I looked on the bottle to see how bad the calorie damage was and turns out it is only 6 cals per 100 ml,so a glass of that is only about 15 cals!
Sometimes you get a nice surprise.

SUPER-J

Happy birthday, girl!!!

Yes, you can lose weight without a gym membership, in fact I gave mine up recently, partly because I hated going so much, I could only go after work and often couldn't get myself to, and partly because I enjoy running and walking on the street way more than in that hot, busy room.
I am considering using the money I save from the membership to buy a treadmill before winter,so that I can do my thing at home even when it gets too nasty outside.
So you go girl, get your shoes on and hit the pavement. Tomorrow.
not today.
because: TODAY'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #115  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HEY TEAM ~

Well MINDY after a 3 hot dog day (2 on buns) with potato salad....small portions but 2 of them and small portions of chips...no dip...one cheese and chili dog...one mustard/sauerkraut/relish dog....4 beers (WHAT!?..only 4?...dude you rock!!!) 0 dessert...I weighed in at 185.0 this morning...ouch!

But it was a great party and shuffleboard tournament....sister and bil took home the trophy...pics of trophy from last year in the general chatter Hot Dog Love thread.

DUTCH...SCORE! on that soda! I add sparkling water to orange juice to take it down a notch.

MRSAUGIE ~ BRAT ~ SUPER J ~ JULES ~ KAT...Hope all is well
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutch- My mom does have TMJ as well. And no as of right now I don't have a dentist that I like but have had one dentist near where I work be recommended to me by several people including people that were petrified by the dentist before going to him. I'm without dental insurance once again since hubby's job changed it. Good Idea though. I had not thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it.

Mtiger- I did not know you could do physical therapy for that!

Super J-HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And yes you can lose weight without a gym membership. I have known lots of people to do it. I don't count myself yet. :-)

EZMONEY-I am well. I went to church again today with my husband to the main service with singing involved which we really like. There was one special song the choir did along with a lady soloist and that song was like it was meant for me. It hit home for me in so many ways. I never caught the song's name though otherwise I'd tell you what it was.

I am doing okay. I'm a bit up today and I think that's because I've eaten out a lot this weekend more than my new usual. I definitely do feel a bit bloated even though I didn't stuff myself. My headache/face/jaw hasn't really improved much but the doctor did say it may take several days to a week. But I am tired of popping pills and having to remember it and etc etc plus the money it's costing me. So I'm seriously looking into going to a massage school that is about 40 minutes from me and having massages done there plus cutting back on my hair stuff and also going to a hair school as well that is close by to where my old apartment was. I can't really afford it any other way. Someone commented on me lately I don't even remember who or when now and said that I seem to be really trying to change my lifestyle and they can see a difference in me already. So that made me feel good.

Anyways have a good night all and have a good start to the week!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #117  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

BRAT I am glad you enjoyed church today. I too, have certain songs that feel like they are "just for me"...We have a bulletin that lists all the songs for the day....but I do know that our music director LOVES when people ask him about a song or compliments the choir.

Small changes over a period of time really adds up...you are on your way dear!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #118  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Thanks, all. I let myself pig out one last time. I miss running. The only thing is that now I won't know the distance I run/walk. Oh well. I'll go for an hour and just say that's a 5K (I can walk 5K in an hour). Who cares as long as I do it, right?? I'm going to have spaghetti for lunch tomorrow in my kick *** Miffy bento I bought last week. And I'm drinking water! *gasp* lol

My pills are supposed to make me lose weight and I've been eating McDonald's etc for weeks with only a couple pounds gained. Imagine if I actually work out again!!!

I'm 31 now. Time to take responsibility for my body (waaah!).
Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

lol..what is this thread about??? I can't figure it out!

btw, I love shaved turkey fried in olive oil. yummm tastes just like turkey bacon!

don't like bologna though...it's wierd texture...a flattened hot dog to me.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #120  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

got'cha!

JEN you are now officially a member of the TEAM!

This thread started over a year ago...we maxed the posts once and I have changed it a few times for us to re-focus...

It started out as a 5 Pound Weight Loss Guarantee "MAGIC PILL"...

I guaranteed everyone at least a 5 pound loss...as long as they stuck together with the TEAM...

most of us have gained and lost those 5 pounds several times...

we keep on keeping on..knowing that a lot of our reasons for not losing weight excuses are full of baloney!!!

Stick around if you have time...we rock as a TEAM!!
Closed Thread