Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I need some encouragement

In February, I took a paycut on both my base pay and my commission. My base pay took a 29% hit, and commissions were cut by another 22%.

Last month, I got switched off of my contract onto a new one, which means several months of no bonus, or best case very small bonuses.

Today, the owner of my freaking company got pushed out. By pushed out, I mean the FBI were at my work today, and the announcement was made that he "resigned".

It took every ounce of willpower I had today to not eat a bunch of junk and drown my sorrows in comfort food. I did well, but I think I need someone to tell me it's going to work out.

I don't really wallow in self pity often, but today it was really a struggle for me to find any light at the end of what has been a very crappy year to date.

Oh yes, and my crazy mother-in-law is coming to our house this weekend. Blech.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Oh, gosh, things are piling up! I'm sorry things are so stressful.

First you did great today! Good job.

It is going to be ok. I know that job stress is just all consuming sometimes especially tied in with money like yours is. The thing I would encourage you to do is take some action. I know it is hard to look for work in this economy but I'm doing it too. Action feels better than feeling stuck even if it is slow going.

Can you make some extra 'you' time this weekend? No use bonding with the tough MIL too much right? Do you have a 'sick' friend maybe?? That lives at the mall? LOL

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 231lbs/219lb/143lbs

Height: 5'65"

Default Check your mind state

Hey Bacilli

What's the 'title' of this story? Deciding what you call this story determines how food fits into it. If it can be the story of you standing firm in the face of full on assault, then you are in the mind state that will propel you forward. If 'it' manages to convince you that the title should be "Life sucks and then you die!" (or some such lie), then it will defeat you by sucking you into that mind state. Hey, i'm preaching to myself here! I hear your strength. Kick *** girl!!

Finni, New Zealand
finni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #4  

Today was a little easier - it's still a lot of change at once, but at least now we know WHY.

Apparently, the owner of my company decided it would be a good idea to have an affair with a manager at work. His wife found out and used her shares to help boot him.

At least it wasn't some huge FTC violation or anything - my job appears to be intact for the moment.

I thought about looking for a new job, but to be honest, I love the work that I do. It's very well suited to my personality. And the money is still good, even after pay cuts, it's just not consistent. There's not a whole lot of options in my field where I live, I would have to move out of state. I can't realistically do that with family obligations. Plus, DH has been with his company for almost 15 years, and is next in line for a big promotion, I couldn't ask him to give all of that up.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #5  
Baby Stepping Along

Wow, there is something in the air with affairs huh? Glad to hear it was nothing that would impact the company in any legal way. Hope the whole thing simmers down quickly. I hear you on the reasons to stay! Try and keep you eye on that on the bad days.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #6  

What confuses me most about the affair is why anyone would sleep with him. Really. Have you ever seen a movie that portrays a really really over the top wanna be Italian mobster, particularly one that isn't Italian, or a mobster? Where they wear flashy paisley silk shirts and tailored pants everywhere, with 18 lbs of gold jewelry? With greasy slicked back hair? And are forever talking about how the shirt they're wearing cost $1000 and then they spent $200 getting it tailored? That's my old boss ... except he tucked those shirts into shiny slacks pulled up to his manboobs. And drove his new Audi to work the day he announced a huge paycut. And during the paycut announcement, he told us he HAD to cut our pay or the company wouldn't net $6 mil in profits for the year. Then the next day bought new sharks for our huge indoor shark aquarium. He's a goon.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #7  

Wow, talk about "**** hath no fury like a woman scorned".
Sounds like he had that one coming though. Why are some men such slugs? He sounds odious. Hopefully you'll get a better manager.

Al least your job is safe for the moment. Why does the FBI get involved in this, though? That seems odd.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM   #8  

The FBI was there regarding an unrelated lawsuit I think. We get sued a lot LOL