which body bugg is the best to help you track your weight loss?

• Hi--

I've been checking the older posts on body buggs and I'm not sure which brand is the best to buy to track my weight loss progress.

Suggestions?

~ tea
  • Well I own/wear a GoWearFit and love it. I have not tried any of the other models by body media or the body bugg, so unfortunately I can't tell you which one is the best.
  • Aren't they all owned by the same company? I think the metrics are all the same on the updated versions of them. The first Bodybugg measured less axis. 3 versus 4 I think. You're pretty much going to get the same results with most of them. I'd go for prices versus features. I went with Bodybugg becuase it was on sale at the time, had a full week food log (which I think they all do now but GWF didn't before), and came with 6 months. To renew the bodybugg for a year was just 6 something a month if you buy a year. One of them does a sleep analysis, but I'm not sure how that really helps with weight loss.

They are all fabulous tools though.
  • Blonde moment coming. Bare with me.

What is a bodybugg?
  • A body Bodybugg is:

http://www.bodybugg.com/

Basically a device that records you energy output for the entire day. You wear it on your arm. You upload the information each day to the website and enter your food caloires and it helps you determine your calorie deficit per day/week etc. Makes losing weight a bit more predictable and helps to remind you to keep actve throughout the day.
  • The gowearfit has the sleep analysis, and I really loved that feature. It will show you how many times you wake throughout the night/for how long, lying down vs sleep, etc.
    Since you are buying a device like this for data, I say the more data points the better. That's what ultimately swayed me towards the gwf.

Personally, I did end up returning mine. While the info was nice to know, the novelty of it wore off after a while and it was basically the same info everyday. Not something I could see wearing (and paying for) every day/month.
    Good luck