Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Default i need

i need a new mini goal... ideas? I think the lowest i remember being was 189 at the hospital in September 2007. But seems unrealistic to want to loose 14lbs in a month; i couldn't even loose the 10bs from my last goal, though 6lbs (lost)was no bad number.

Anyhow, ideas?
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

What you need my friend, is to change your info below your ticker!!! You did NOT fail. You lost 6 pounds for the month of June. That is 6 pounds more than I have lost this month... (I'm not thrilled about a no loss month, but I did not fail!).

Maybe your mini goals shouldn't be time limit driven, but accomplisment driven. For example...My next mini goal is make it into the one hundreds...Period!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-26-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #3  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

How about a goal to excercise so many days of the month instead?? Or a goal to eat so many veggies/fruits a day?? Then see what loss that leads to??
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #4  
Baby Stepping Along

I totally agree that you did NOT fail. Words are powerful. That is just the exact reason I don't pick time limited weight loss goals.

I agree with the idea that you pick behavior mini-goals like veggies, exercise min. and let the numbers fall where they may. You could also consider a piece of goal clothing instead of a scale number. I would consider going and buying a piece of clothing that is just a bit snug and see how you do with that.

Hugs! You are doing just great!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Fail? Come now, what kind of talk is that? Do you have any idea just how many people would like to "fail" in the same way, shape, manner and form as you just did??

6 lbs lost in a month is a very reasonable, very nice, very excellent, very fantastic - 1 1/2 lbs per week.

I agree. Lose those time frames. Next stop - One-derland - keep doing what you're doing - and you'll get there. July is just as good a month as June to do so. And there's plenty more months after that one.

Be proud of yourself for the changes that you've made and what you've already achieved. You are well on your way to doing this. No wait - you are already doing this!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #6  

Jinksie, my loss has been averageing about 6 lbs per month, which I have to remind myself is GOOD! But i used to be able to lose a lot more, a lat faster, & I catch myself comparing then with now and feeling let down. I agree with the posts about finding other goals to use that will help you get where you want to be without so much let down if you don't quite "get there" on time. We focus so much on those numbers on the scale, but really, even we we have a slow week/month where we "just" maintain, it's still GREAT compared to the steady gain and terrible emotional cost when we're just coasting along, eating without thinking or working or caring for ourselves. Be PROUD of what you have accomlished, and remember, this is a life time committment. We're never gonna be perfect, but as long as we continue to try, we can get to our goals. Be kind to yourself and treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend- with support, love, and encouragement!

Pooh
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i know it seems odd to say, i failed at it.. But im a realistic kind of person, and i know that if i candy-coat it, then i may just accept it when i know im capable of more. I had a goal, i'd like to have gotten to it.. perhaps i'll change the wording to "missed" =p
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #8  
Baby Stepping Along

I think missed is a better choice. When you say you are "capable of doing more", what do you mean by that? You could've done x more, y less? I would focus on those issues for your goals. If you have in mind instead that you should just be able to 'will' yourself to lose x lbs in y amount of time however, that is not being realistic. The one thing we cannot control in this journey is that darn scale and what our bodies do and don't do with the food and exercise we feed it. You can only control those 2 elements and how we react to and cope with what does happen on the scale. Does that make some sense?

I don't disagree with being straight with ourselves, I just encourage you to look at what you are giving yourself tough love about.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote