3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   freaking out... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/174876-freaking-out.html)

caitybates 06-22-2009 05:27 AM

freaking out...

so i was sick last week and i dropped like 8 lbs just from not being able to eat anything and keep it down, but then when i got back to being healthy i'll admit i ate off plan but i've put on eight pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a week. ive never put on weight like this. i went from 197 to 205 in a matter of the first three days i was better and i didnt eat THAT OFF plan. im trying to rationalize this to myself and the only thing i could come up with is that i was really dehydrated from the fever and other flu symptoms too gross to name??? i know i was definitely dehydrated while sick as i had the awful headaches but without my mommy there to force me to drink i usually just chose to go to sleep rather than get up and get water, haha. things seem to have stabalized now and i am back to losing but i cant lie that i am DEVASTATED by this gain. i know that some of the weight i lost was not real and it was just because i was sick so in actuality ive just gained like three pounds but this really really hurts.

does anyone have any advice for getting back onto program after having the flu? should i just stick to the plan i was using before and my metabolism will readjust eventually?????? i just dont know...

JayEll 06-22-2009 07:15 AM

Well, clearly the 8 pounds lost wasn't fat, and the 8 pounds gained isn't, either.

Stay with your plan. Forget about what happened when you were sick. :yes:

Jay

StarryNights110 06-22-2009 08:26 AM

8 lbs. is 28,000 calories. Yes, 28 THOUSAND!

There is no way you burned or ate that much.

I'm glad you're feeling better! Don't stress and stay on your plan. You are doing a great job. Yes, seeing the scale jump down that low then back up is so frustrating, but wouldn't you rather see that low number again knowing it won't go away this time?

Be well!

mandalinn82 06-22-2009 01:24 PM

OK, so in 2 weeks, your NET weight loss is 3 lbs, right? You are now at a weight that is 3 lbs lower than your weight before you got sick? I may be misreading. If so, that's a healthy, wonderful rate of loss. :bravo: And if not, getting right back on plan will get that scale moving downward again.

I never count on the weight lost while sick. It always comes back as soon as I start pushing fluids again.

srmb60 06-22-2009 01:38 PM

Yup, what Amanda said. Go back to the last weight you had before you got sick. Disregard that dehydration blip. Not healthy, not good... and it's freaking you out ;)

Water is heavy. One litre weighs one kilogram ... or about 2.2 pounds. You were dehydrated by about 3 1/2 litres. Not hard to do it you're sweating, voiding, not drinking ... etc ...

kiramira 06-22-2009 01:42 PM

Um, like they said. You didn't hold anything down for a week. You lost alot of WATER in one week. You got better, you ate food and drank water. You replenshed your depleted system.

And you ate off plan.

Tough love here: SUCK IT UP, get back to doing what you were doing, and it'll be JUST. FINE. Have patience and perserverance. Weight gain, thank goodness, ISN'T permanent. It'll come off. IF you get back on plan. So just do it!!!

:hug:

Kira

Jacqui_D 06-22-2009 02:11 PM

Your body became dehydrated when you got sick. Your body re-hydrated when you got well. It's nothing to freak out about, so just relax and continue on your weight loss plan.

caitybates 06-22-2009 04:27 PM

thanks so much guys. i knew i was probably dehydrated and that was the reason for the fluctuations but its so nice to have people agree with you, haha! and the scale is back to heading in the right direction!!

kiramira 06-22-2009 08:34 PM

THERE you go!!!
You deserve a whole bunch of dancing carrots, so here they are;

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

You can DO this!

Kira

sindy9001 06-23-2009 01:32 AM

I think you should stay with your plan. I will reach your goal not far in the future. Good luck!