Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #1  
*Carrie*

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Red face I need some kind words..

I need some words of encouragement.. I'm doing okay with my dieting.. most of the time.. But exercising is a whole different story.

I just can't seem to get myself off the couch, or away from 3fc and myspace to get to the gym or on my treadmill that is sitting right upstairs in my spare bedroom..

I know this is sorta silly, but what I really want from everybody is a boost of why I should get up there.. I have all these things in mind about how I can lose weight, and how I'm gonna look great in my wedding dress on Aug. 29, but for some reason i'm just being too darn LAZY!!

Help! Get me off my couch!!
wishful04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ok, here's the deal.
Set a timer. When it dings, turn off the computer/tv etc. Get off the couch and get your workout clothes on. Then, take the timer with you and set it for 20 minutes.

Work out.

Repeat as often as needed.

(note - usually, once I got moving, I could set that timer for another 10-20 minutes and get in a nice workout. Getting started seemed to be the hardest part)

Some tough love here: Only YOU can get you moving. Is it important enough for you to get fit and healthy?

Which is more important? Myspace or your health.

Your actions speak louder than words.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #3  
chomp chomp

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Think about walking on the treadmill as practice for walking down the aisle. When you're on the treadmill, you can visualize yourself looking great on your wedding day. Good luck!
kitchencurtains3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #4  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

~Just would like to say~WALK WHILE YOU TALK~It's a method I came up with Since I am similair with exercises ~I HATE THEM!!! LOL
If you talk on the phone walk and it's exercise and Its simple ~You get into the conversation and before you know 20 minutes or more has went by.

REASONS FOR YOU TO KEEP IT UP~ Your 1 lb From ONEDERLAND!
No MORE 200's!!!

That wedding dress Will look great and the honey moon items even better!hehehe

GOODLUCK & KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK~YOUR DOING GREAT.

Last edited by Lori259; 06-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #5  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Anything you do is worth it! Even if it's just 10 minutes, it's 10 minutes more exercise than you're getting using my space. Just like every pound is worth it, every little bit of exercise makes you and your heart that much healthier, and IT IS WORTH IT--YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #6  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishful04 View Post
I need some words of encouragement.. I'm doing okay with my dieting.. most of the time.. But exercising is a whole different story.

I just can't seem to get myself off the couch, or away from 3fc and myspace to get to the gym or on my treadmill that is sitting right upstairs in my spare bedroom..

I know this is sorta silly, but what I really want from everybody is a boost of why I should get up there.. I have all these things in mind about how I can lose weight, and how I'm gonna look great in my wedding dress on Aug. 29, but for some reason i'm just being too darn LAZY!!

Help! Get me off my couch!!
I too get very bored exercising. I started to check out books on CD from the library to listen to while I walk. It helps cause I am not so bored when walking! Just an idea. Good Luck!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #7  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

oooh--I love the listen to books idea while you work out!

I was flailing with my motivation, too, this week. Now, with two days left in my week, I'm only 15 minutes from goal! I can't believe it.

But here's the thing: don't set a goal, not right now. My first week, I didn't. But DO keep track of your minutes--and watch themn climb. I post mine in my signature: that way if I'm stuck here too long--I just have to look down, see it--and I'm reminded I need to get off my duff and do it. It also makes me feel like I have more integrity--so I can respond to posts like these--and I like that!

You can do it! Wow--almost at one-der-land! Good for you. Imagine what it could be like to blow right through the nineties. You could do it--you and your treadmill.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #8  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Here are some kind words for you -- we all believe in you here and believe that you can do it! You can get up off the couch and just spend 10 minutes on the treadmill!

We all have to start somewheres, and usually, it is JUST DOING IT instead of debating if we want to or not or if we feel like it. We just. DO. it. because it is a matter of life and health...and you can do it to...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #9  
*Carrie*

Talking

Thank you everyone!! This is exactly what I needed.. Keep em comin if possible.. but I'm actually gonna go get on the treadmill right now.. at almost 10:00 at night .. but I figure, do it, get it done, take a shower and go to bed.. perfect! Thanks everybody!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #10  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Wishful~I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU~WAY TO GO!!!

Last edited by Lori259; 06-19-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have an exercise ticker that I love to move. I know that I'll be at 3FC a couple of times a day and it will be right here where I can see it. I belong to a daily thread here and report what I've been doing.

Even on facebook, I belong to a little group who reports exercise and weigh ins.

My elliptical is in the dining room. There are dumbells and bands in the livingroom.

It's almost impossible for me to get through a day without realising that I should have exercised. I'm sure that you've seen the phrase "always mindful" here at 3FC before.

And I gotta tell ya ... I lose weight much easier if I exercise too. It's my best weapon against yo-yoing.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #12  
*Carrie*

Talking

SusanB-Thank you! I went directly to tickerfactory and made an exercise ticker.. I can't wait to move it tomorrow!

Last edited by wishful04; 06-20-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Pick a time each day when you are going to exercise and do it. Don't think about doing it or not doing it. Just do it. Once you let your mind go to the possibility that maybe you should put it off, then you are going to skip it or torture yourself and waste time. I go to the gym first thing every morning right after I wake up. Now it's a habit and I never question whether I should do it (unless I'm sick or I have a legitimate reason, such as a doctor's appointment), I just do it. I've been doing this for three years now.

Good luck. You can do this. Once you start seeing results and feeling better, that will help motivate you. It's harder in the beginning, I think, but once you get going you will be so glad you did. I promise!

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #14  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Just thought I'd give you some sympathy. It's puzzling, isn't it, when you have this Thing you want, like being in that dress, and it seems like you're just not doing the stuff you need to do to get that Thing?

It's something interesting to ponder while you're on the treadmill.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I have the mindset of I may not want to excersize, but it's not a choice. Just like going to work. I don't want to get up, and go to work, I want to sleep, but that will cause me to get fired. I don't want to excersize, but that would cause me to feel blah and it helps emensilley ( sp ) with losing weight.

Plus, trust me, after it's done, you will feel better, not only physically, but emotionally, cause you would have just DONE IT!! Now, go do it and let us know how it goes
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote