Dreading the scale in the morning...

• I posted a few nights ago after I joined 3FC. I talked about how I want to look great on my wedding day and how I can't wait to get motivation on here. One of my worst downfalls is starting diets on a Monday. Of course, tomorrow is Monday, and here I am again saying, "Time to eat right and excersize from now on!" It's been real hard for me to continue to lose weight on my own without a friend to help keep me focused. Sophomore yr of highschool I peaked at 215 lbs. It's thanks to my fitness freak sister in-law that helped me get down to 170-ish lbs, but then we had to move away from one another and ever since then I have been struggling to get lower than 170. I am dreading the scale in the morning but I need to know my weight to help me with my progress on here. I think I might be close to 180 or maybe a little more now. I am just hoping this time will be different as I track my progress on this forum and continue to read uplifting threads from other people who are in the same boat as I am. So I will weigh myself in the morning and after work report back my weight loss and start my long journey.
  • Find a picture of something that you just can't stand like broccoli, ex b/f and tape it to your scale. Then you can stomp on it and feel better about seeing your scale :-) Just an idea.

You'll do fine. Motivation and support is gonna be your key thing it sounds like to me. Keep your chin up and know that your goal is attainable. Visit here often for the pick-me-ups to keep going. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone here who lives near you or would swap phone numbers so you have a more personal rah-rah section to motivate you.

GL hon!
  • Hey that's a good idea about the vegetable I hate. Lol. It' hard, I mean I live with my fiance and he loves crap food. It's hard avoiding it. Oh yeah, and I work in a grocery store, so there's that deli food at lunch.. well I know I can do this. I have proven myself before and I really want to do it again! I can't wait to get lower than 170! It will be such a victory. Thanks for your reply!
  • Hang out with us on 3FC! Most folks are happy to cheer you on!

Jay