Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #1  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Default A Little Embarrasing!:o

I just wanted to share this w/all of you. I was invited to Olive Garden. The people I was going w/were already there.Well,they were in a booth.I guess ,I don'thave to say what the problem was. So,they all had to get up w/their drinks.And we had to wait for a table.Needless to say I wanted to run out of there,but didn't.We also asked if a chair could be put by the table ,but they said No,it was aganist regulations.I felt like a big .Did anyone else ever get embarrassed in a simiar situation? Thanks for listening, Tracy

Last edited by Tracy; 06-12-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Don't worry about it. The issue here isn't that you had to wait for a table, it is that those who invited you didn't think that you would be more comfortable with a table and got one right off the bat. IMHO, they created the situation, not you. They didn't think AT ALL. It would be the same if they invited a person who was bringing a small child, then sat right at the bar and waited, and then had to move to a table that was appropriate. Or invited someone who needed extra seating because they were in a cast and sat in a booth until he arrived.
Your size has nothing to do with this, because there are LOTS of situations that require THOUGHT before action. And your friends didn't think. And this put you in a bad situation. Just like if you invited a friend over for dinner and knew she was allergic to onions, and made an onion tart for dinner! Or renting an Austin Mini to take a trip with a friend who is 6 foot 5 inches! Or delaying dinner and serving it at midnight, when one of the invitees works the night shift and has to be at work at midnight and has to leave before eating! Or as my Dear SIL - God Love Her and her husband who come for dinner and know that others there are teachers and spend the evening running down the teaching profession!!! Seriously!!!
Don't take ownership of this! Chin up!!!!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-12-2009 at 11:53 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Tracy, don't let this get you down. Put it in the past. Six months from now you will be in a much better place. Kira is right, your friends were not thinking ahead.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you had to deal with that *hugz*
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  

I am sorry that happened! Put it behind you and move forward! Pretty soon it son't be an issue
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #6  
Operator265

I wouldn't be too upset with your friends. Many people don't realize that booths are a problem and the hostess wouldn't have realized since you weren't there when she was seating the party. I found out it was a problem only after I married my X. He is huge at 6'5" 270 and built like a football player. Then I started working at an in house Pizza Hut and had to seat people which is when I learned in training about seating larger people at tables. Never would have dawned on me before that.

As the others have said, keep your eyes looking forward. Just take it as inspiration on your further quest.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ahhhh, the booth dilemma. I hate this worse than anything. Always have to ask for a table, can't go places that just have booths, sometimes have to call ahead to make sure they have tables. Even my 8 year old knows that we ask for tables. You are not alone!! This will be one of the BEST things about losing the weight!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I hate booths!!!! I don't think I would blame your friends though. Thinner people just never have to consider things like that. There are certain restaurants my friends love that I can't stand (Islands chain, I'm talking to you!) because they do not have tables and their booths are a tight squeeze for me. What is always so depressing for me is looking at how much room my friends have between the table and them. It's at moments like that where I feel my largest.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh how I feel for you. Been there done that. Booths!!!! How I hated them. How I had so many embarassing moments because of them. All right, I guess it was because of ME, not them, but you know what I mean.

Seating for me was a huge issue and something I worried about all the time. It brought on such anxiety for me. Public transportation, picnic tables, lawn chairs, folding chairs, airplane seats, hair dresser chairs, parent-teacher night at school chairs (the kids desks), movie theater chairs, parties and folding chairs. Ooooh, I'm just cringing now thinking back to it. SUCH BAD MEMORIES.

I wonder if this is still why I get such a kick of seats NOW. I love going to the hair dresser and glancing down at how much room I have on the sides of me. And wherever I go in general - the incredible burden of worrying about - seats - is LONG OVER and it's been replaced with JOY.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. But you too can and will get to that place where you never have to go through this kind of thing again. Never. Ever.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

While it would have been nice if your friends had grabbed a table I don't think they were being inconsiderate by getting a booth. Unless they are larger themselves or one of them already knew you had an issue with booths then it is just not something they would normaly think about.

I am sorry you had to go through all of that *hug*

Just think positive thoughts...there will be a day where your skinny body will fit right into a booth seat.

Last edited by lauralyn; 06-12-2009 at 03:35 PM.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

AND MORE S
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 3"

When you make it to the goal, plan to treat yourself in a restaurant that has just booths. Use this as a tool for inspiration. Good luck!
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I agree your friends probably just didn't know; if it was crowded they might of requested first seats available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
lawn chairs, folding chairs, airplane seats, hair dresser chairs, parent-teacher night at school chairs (the kids desks), movie theater chairs, parties and folding chairs.
I've broke a couple of folding chairs before...now even after losing some pounds, I'll try standing or if I have to sit I try not to put my full weight on those type of chairs. I'm kinda scared of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Then I started working at an in house Pizza Hut and had to seat people which is when I learned in training about seating larger people at tables. Never would have dawned on me before that.
Wouldn't have dawned on me either. My mom is a bigger woman, and when we go out to eat, without asking, we usually do get tables...but when we are waiting for the table we notice people that come in after us with fewer people get seated first..now I wonder if it's because they are waiting for a table and decide not to give us the booth.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #14  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Thanks Everyone!You all made me feel better!

Last edited by Tracy; 06-12-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #15  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hey, look at it this way... at least you weren't on a ride at 6 Flags like I was and they had to ask me to get off (in front of the whole ride) because the hard harness wouldn't snap over me. Granted, I have a large chest, but that doesn't mean that it didn't have to with with my weight either... *sigh*
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote