Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #16  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pas de Chaton View Post
Ha! Can you imagine if you did? "There goes Sally, eating that 1,000-calorie burger again" or "Look at Joe, he always gets seconds and thirds when they serve that fat-filled lasagne".
That would be one way to lose your friends, but it would certainly get the point across loud and clear.

Last edited by Steelslady; 06-15-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

What gets to me when people comment on healthy eating... is when the same people comment on people being overweight...they forget you can't have the best of both worlds!

Last edited by ringmaster; 06-16-2009 at 12:14 AM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercolor View Post
The behavior of wanting to eat things that are not good for them and feeling bad for health eaters is really a sign of emotional immaturity. Emotionally, they want "this" (unhealthy food) AND "that" (healthy, lean body). Emotional maturity is when we realize we can have "this" OR "that" and we make the choice to treat our bodies well.
OMG, this should be my quote of the day!!

I will print this out and stick it in my purse! I mean it - this whole paragraph must be about the best things I have read in this forum so far!!!

Stella
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #19  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Great thread! I am often appalled at the simple lack of civility in the world today - people just blurt out whatever the heck is on their minds, and reveal to all of us exactly how little thinking they actually are doing. What's the saying - better to be silent and be thought a fool, instead of opening your mouth and proving it?

I still consider myself a foodie, and I'm fortunate (?) to have a husband who's a FABULOUS cook. We both are food adventurists, and we will try ANYTHING that's put in front of us, no matter where we are in the world. (It's led to some rather bizarre and revolting experiences, but also some incredible edible revelations!). I don't intend to give any of that up. What I've had to give up is the completely unrestrained gobbling of great foods, and eating so fast that I fail to taste it. I keep a food journal, I tally the calories, and I compensate for the less-healthier choices I occasionally make, with a little more exercise and a little more restraint. I have to say that since I adopted smaller portions and make a conscious effort to chew and focus on what I'm eating ... it's far easier to eat less.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote