Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

You will get to a size where you won't have to think about this, and a day like this will make that time all the sweeter. Don't be too hard on your friends, though. I am sure they feel terrible about putting you in that spot. It would never have occured to me to think of that in advance, but I would be mortified if I put a friend in that position.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

*pats* Believe me, you're not alone. I haven't had the booth problem happen to me, but I'm one of those who've had problems at Six Flags. The real joke was, we were there to celebrate my birth mother losing 200 lbs and being able to ride the rides. She could fit, I couldn't. Ah well, I was still proud of her.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/239/140

Height: 5'4"

I prefer booths over tables because in a table I always feel like I'm hanging out into the walkway too far, or bumping into the people behind me. However, I've noticed at the local Applebees there are a couple of booths I either have to avoid or actually move the table to fit into. It's embarrassing sitting down and having the girls "take a seat" on the table because I'm so close to it!
Betony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #19  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

I have booths. Hated them when I was thinner because the table always hit me in the center of my ribs. Hate them now I am fat for the same reasons.
Don't dwell on what happened. It is over and it was what it was.
Just look forward to working on your goals and making yourself happy.
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

My torso can fit in a booth, but the boobs usually intrude over the table, arghghghgh!

And -- you won't believe this -- but I don't know how many times a server has set things down and hit my boobs. You would think they could see them, but apparently they are so used to setting plates near the edge of the table that the fact there are body parts in the way does not faze them.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #21  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

See, I'm actually opposite--I always ask for a booth because I feel like I'm hiding in them instead of out in the open at a table for the whole restaurant to stare at. I guess i'm not quite big enough to have the problem of not being able to fit, so that would be why I feel safer in a booth (on the inside against the wall, too). When I was a hostess, I made the same blundering mistake several times--seating larger people at, say, a two-person booth. They would have to pointedly ask to move and I felt terrible each time. Of course, I state for the record that I was a simply lousy hostess, definitely not insensitive. I'm afraid sometimes people just don't consider the aspects of a situation that aren't immediately apparent to them.
Sorry you went through that
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote