Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 05:21 PM   #16  
Domestic Goddess

Hi, guys. Gals. A very quick check-in while I wait for the water to boil for the spaghetti, then a quick inhale of said spaghetti, then out the door for church choir practice and cub scouts. I can tell it's Wednesday!

Spryng asked me my stats. I don't know if anyone noticed but I have never mentioned specifics, just that I have "over 100 pounds" to lose. Does anybody else have trouble owning up to the numbers in "public". Her question threw me into a panic for reasons I'd best examine in the near future! In any case, I guess here I go: I am at my highest weight ever, not pregnant (and pretty close even when you include pregnancy weight!): 231 today. The 2 pounds I lost last week came back, hopefully just in water weight. I think weaning the baby has thrown my body into shock! I would love, love, love to get down to 115 lbs. (I'm 5' 2 1/2") but will take it one pound at a time once I get into the 5' 3" weight range, which starts at 135.

I had a thought today: I have noticed that once I start exercising, it's relatively easy to keep that up because it makes me feel so good. Eating is much harder, I have determined, because for one thing it's a constant decision (vs. exercise which is once per day), but more importantly I feel like I'm giving things up when I eat right, vs. gaining benefits by exercise. I need to change my mindset re: eating to match the exercise mindset.

Water's boiling and I have got to go!

Have a good one!
Old 06-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!
Gee, I have been here for so long............. (hard to believe but I think that the only one here longer at this thread than me is the one and only Jackie!) and I am coming up on 2 years here this August. And still fighting the weight loss battle........ But I am down a few pounds since I started then. Anyway, what got me on this tangent, was I found it hard to believe that Kerrie and Spryng had never met before!! Seems like I have known both of you forever............but I am glad that you finally met and that we are all here.

Kerrie- I hear ya with the exercise. It really makes me feel better too. And one thing that I can add.......sometimes (wish that it was all the time) it gets my mind into the better eating mode and I really watch what I eat. So, keep it up - stay with the excercising- and find an eating plan that you can live with. Many of us are on different plans WW, Atkins, fat free, slim fast...something will work for you.

Mel- Congrats on losing!!!!! Oh, that time off for you sounds ssoooooooooo yummy. Go for some long walks- work out- keep in touch with some buddies that you have lost track with- take yourself to a movie what ever- or post here a lot to keep yourself away from the food. What about going to an extra WW meeting (would you have to pay? I dunno).Where I live we have a meeting in town- and there are 2 others about 1/2 hour drive away (which is close, we are in a fairly rural area). Take a book out of the library.....craft........whatever and enjoy your time off, K?

Spryng- well you are probably gone by now, but I know what you mean with not being able to leave the house unless it is clean. I am even so nuts that I go out and buy an air freshener or two and leave them out, so that the house will not smell stale (from being closed up for the week). I LOVE that feeling that the maid was just there- and being able to come home to a spotless home.
My family thinks I am nuts- as they do not really help and I will stay up for hours the nite before we leave so that not one speck of dust is out of line...........(ok, I am nuts! ) But I hear ya.....have a great vacation, we will miss you.

As for me, my training course is over !!!!!!!!!!!HEHEHEHEHE and I am officially on summer vacation. This is the first summer vacation (time totally without working) that I have had in 12 years- for the past 12 years I was self employed and even though I worked limited hours, I still had to go to work. So now on to the housework- and getting ready to go away.
I hope to steal some time for a walk this evening.......
My eating was improved today- not great but better. It would be so nice if I could take off 2-3 pounds before we leave. And I hope to get 5 off by August 1 (isn't that the 5# challenge we set?)
Ok, I have babbled enough...............have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 06-27-2002, 07:01 AM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Just thought that I would check in. Today is kick myself in the can day..........as in I am going to make a really strong effort to get myself under control and make wise food choices. So I thought that a good place to start was to check in here for some accountability.

Off for my walk. So far all I have had to eat is 3 cups of coffee (skim milk, no sweetener) and one tiny piece of pineapple. And 2 glasses of water. So far so good. (but then mornings are easy for me)
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 06-27-2002, 07:05 AM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Oppssssss I forgot. Kerrie, I owe you an apology- you have been here (at this web site) longer than I - by a whole year!

One thing that got me thinking last nite was that I have been here for almost 2 years and am still fighting the same battle- although some 13- 17 pounds less than I started. That is why I am trying to jump start myself and get back on the program. I still have some pounds to go .

Off for that walk!
Ginny
Old 06-27-2002, 11:07 AM   #20  
Searching for Motivation

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've checked in- due to what's been going on with my Grandma, I hope you can understand. I haven't had a chance to go back and check all the previous posts and I'll try to get to those later but for now, I'll talk about what's been going on with me.

My Gram is doing well and I thank everyone who said prayers and/or gave their thoughts and kind words. She had surgery on Fri for a malignant tumor in her colon and was back home on Tues. I guess I was really surprised that they would allow an 89y/o woman who just had a major surgery and was in the special care unit for a few days to just go home and fend for herself. I was told that as long as she had a b/m that she was able to go and that's exactly what happened. So as happy as I am that she's home, I'm really nervous that she'll need to go back due to some unforseen complication. I know she's happy to be home with her own things and we have a lot of family staying with her so she is in good hands - I just still worry.

As far as my eating/exercize is concerned, I have done well with the exercize - I've worked out everyday but Sun (my day off) and Mon (I worked outside all day with my retaining wall stones in 90 deg. heat and was just too exhaused to exercize). The eating though hasn't been stellar. I have had a "thing" for chocolate this week (a clear indication that TOM is just around the corner) and I've been really, really bad about it. The worst part is that after I eat the chocolate, I'm craving salt and looking for chips. If anyone had any remedies or suggestions for alternative foods that give the same "high" as chocolate and salty chips, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm gonna go outside and work on the wall some more (yeah - NOT). Again, sorry about not responding to previous posts and thanks for all the thoughts and prayers - they've worked so far Have a good day everyone
Old 06-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick check in. Sassy- what great news about your grandma!!! I will continue to keep her and you in my prayers.
Ginny
Old 06-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #22  

Default HI All

Not too much time to post today .. Too hot so my appitite isnt great my exercising has been zilch due to the heat (makes my asthma kick into OVERDRIVE) plus I started my TOM last night even though I just had it 6/3 so thats outta whack too..So I am cranky and bloated and snippy so thats why my post will be a short one today.. Even my joints ache ( cant figure that one out but I best deal with it)
Going to farmers market for fresh produce today cant wait to see what they have
Take Care
Sheila
Sorry for not addressing each of you I will when I am less "moody"
Old 06-28-2002, 02:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone, I'm here again!

Golly Gee!-Where do I begin. I guess I'll start by welcoming Jan to our thread. I haven't had much time to browse/post here lately since school got out on June 7th. Jan, can you tell me a little about yourself? I'm so far behind on reading this thread that it's too time consuming to go back & read everything. Next week things should slow down a bit for my family & I. Well, a little bit slower than it has been. DD has a camp out with her riding instructor next Mon. & Tues. I pick up my brother-inlaw & his wife from the airport on Tuesday a.m. DD has dance for 3 hrs. on Tues. eve. & the rest of the week should slow down a bit. I finally went to the doctor this a.m. to have my meds checked. The doc will put me on a different drug called "Celexa", along with my previous meds, "Wellbutrin". We will then try to "wean" me off of the Wellbutrin. I sure hope that this does the trick & doesn't goof up my well-being. Misty: I asked the doc about how paxil w/b for me & he said it wouldn't be a great choice for me, as it tends to put the pounds on. So...this should answer your question about why you gained 10#. If it makes you feel any better--I think that you really needed to put 10# on anyways. You must look perfect now! Sypryng: Welcome back! I missed you!
I hope you have a safe & fun convention & that you will check back in with us when you return. Congrats on losing those lousy 5#! I got weighed in at the doc today & according to his scale, I'm up at least 5# since a few weeks back. My 'puter took a dive & am using my DH laptop right now. He's been traveling a lot & so has his laptop, so it's nearly impossible for me to check in with you all more frequently. My camping trip was okay. Not too many from the snowmobile group showed up. Matter of factly-only one other couple showed up. One couple had to decline because of a death in the family & the other 2 had to work late on Friday & ended up going camping only 20 miles from their house! As for our campground-we had some interesting entertainment. There were several campers near our campsite that were there due to being in town for a baseball/softball tournament. They stayed up til 3:30 a.m. the first night & 'til 4:30 a.m. the next night. They lost the tournament on Sat. & decided to have a "Whopatooie" (sp.?)bash at their site. FYI: Whopatooie is bunch of booze mixed together in a large garbage can/rubbermaid container. They ended up drinking 12 gallons of the stuff between approx. 8-10 adults. They were quite entertaining & very LOUD!! Oh well!! We didn't have room to bring a t.v., so this was our entertainment for the weekend! Ginny: Where are you going on your vacation? I thought of you last week when my ds told me that they lost their bus/driver for 3 hours during one of their summer school field trips. They had to call in another bus from our school district that was about an hour from where they were. Once the 2nd bus showed up-they were able to find the first one! Apparently-the driver of the first bus decided to take a nap about 10 blocks away, away from the bus, so there was no way of getting a hold of him. He was only going to nap for 10-15 min. & ended up sleeping for nearly 2.5 hours.!! Well gals-I'd like to keep on typing away, but my dd's patience have run out & I have to take her outside so that she can be supervised by the pool. I'll check back in later, okay?
TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 06-28-2002 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:54 PM   #24  

Hmmm, I posted a long message and it's not here?
Thanks Jackie for the info.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:19 PM   #25  
One day at a time.

Hi,

Sassy I hope your grandma continues to do well! Being with family is the best thing for her in times like these. Our best wishes to you and your Dg and family.

Unfortunately, our family is going through sad times right now. On Wed. morning my father in law passed away, so we rushed back to La. to be with family. We just got back home early this morning, still in shock! I'm going to get off here for now, I'll try to check back later.

Take care everyone, and have a healthy day!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:18 PM   #26  

Melissa I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. I hope to hear you are all doing okay soon.

Good to hear from you Jackie! I'm sure the paxil did cause some weight gain. I'm terrified to get on the scale at this point. I am being weaned off it now. Thankfully. Things in my environment have come together so I'll be fine without it. Oh and thanks for adding I needed to gain some anyhow. But I think I went to far.

Kerrie it's nice to meet you! Hope to get to know you better and see you posting alot.

Spryng, let me know what program you are gonna follow? If it is Adkins I might jump on with you for a few days. I've about exceeded my limit of carbs for a lifetime!

Have a great night!
Old 06-30-2002, 09:34 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!!!
Just a short hello- I actually got to the computer before Dd did!!!!!! (and that is so rare).
Jackie- welcome home!!! I hope that your new meds work well- and that you can get off of Wellbutrin. (Ds is on it- and I hear that it can result in some nasty side effects).
Melissa- so sorry to hear about your FIL. Had he been ill?
My prayers and sympathy are with you and your family.
Sheila- hope that you are feeling better!

We had a long weekend- very busy. And it won't stop until we get off for vacation. Spent the afternoon with MIL and FIL- which is sort of a 3 ring circus....... . Thankfully, the visit was on the short side.

Gotta go get Dd into bed (and then her sister will reclaim the compuker!)
Maybe I can get back on later!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 06-30-2002, 11:26 PM   #28  

I am so behind here!! I just realized I haven't stopped in for a while. And some how my last post started a new thread. Weird! I haven't been excercising at all again. I just have no energy ( The twins have been a handful these last few days!!) and don't feel like doing anything. It seems like there's so much I need to get done here at the house that I don't have time to stop and do it. I'm not really in the chatting mood right now-I'm too tired!! So I'll check in again tomorrow.

--shanni
Old 07-01-2002, 12:34 AM   #29  

For those of you that wanted to see pic's of my kids click on the link below

http://www.geocities.com/mycambeatyo...pagestars.html

Theres also a pic of whats left of my husbands car after the wreck. The picture makes it look good!! There's a lot of damage that doesn't show in the pic.

Bye, shanni
Old 07-01-2002, 02:36 PM   #30  
Searching for Motivation

Hi all

Melissa - I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Boy, I don't know what it is about this group lately - it seems like there has been so much bad news. My thoughts will be with you and I thank you for yours.

As for everyone else, sorry I'm not addressing you individually. I'm just really crabby and tired right now - TOM is coming and I always get like this the week before. Not to mention that we're having issues financially and it seems like one thing after another is going wrong with both our cars! I feel like I'm falling in a giant hole of nothing-can-seem-to-go-right lately. So rather than bring everyone down, I'm just gonna go for now. I'll come back when I'm in a better mood. See yall later.
Closed Thread