Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #151  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I am so proud of Di. That is great news. You keep going to that gym whether it is open or not it shows your determination. my goodness you went on a closed day that is mucho determination!

Jen you need to not worry about the little mistakes you make. I look at my diet this way...if I go get a big mac meal...did i super size it? no...did i opt for the diet soda instead of my regular soda? no....did i eat all my fries and my kids fries? no....did i go for seconds on the soda? no....then I have a lot to be proud of. I enjoyed my meal and I don't feel a bit bad about the whole thing. I just know I have to get an extra sweat bead to come down my face when I am working out. Or I have to make sure to get the water I need for the day. I have to balance my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. LOL old western.

msbillie....you did a great job on your camping trip. keep it up.

Gennel....when you're like me and just stuck on a hill not losing a thing even though I am working my butt off you really don't want to breath for fear that you will gain it all back just by inhaling. LOL But you are right. I guess Saturday will put aside my fears.

Okay. I will talk to all of you later.
kina
Old 07-18-2002, 09:16 PM   #152  

Default Hey Di,changes in my routine

I've mixed my usual routine up a bit, I dont exercise at the same time everyday. Sometimes I take Sunday off instead of saturdays. Instead of eating hi/low every day I pick one day of the week to enjoy a totally nondiet meal. I switch machines at the Gym. Instead of using the elliptical machine with the arms and leg movements, I get on another machine which is very similiar to a stepper, but you can adjust it to where you work out your butt,hamstrings,quads or calves. I usually work on the hamstrings or my booty lol. With the treadmill the calories total about 700+calories per workout. But since those are estimates I would say probably around 500-600 calories a workout. Change things around when you see your body is in the same routine every week. Well I will tell you for sure how its worked when I weigh in this Saturday!

buh bye
Gen
194/143/130
Old 07-19-2002, 08:31 AM   #153  

Kina & LuckyMom.... snacking at night is one of my problems... late afternoon being the other. To avoid after-dinner snacking I brush & floss my teeth and then I don't want to undo all that work. For the afternoon, I've found that having a salad ready to eat works for me.

Jen, way to go taking stock after the candy bar. We can eat the occaisional treat and still keep going as long as we don't sabotage ourselves. Recently, I ate two cookies but then went right back OP.

Gennel, a 30 inch waist... I'm so jealous! YGG! I know I need to incorporate exercise, but I've mostly been dodging it. Some walking and some horseback riding but no firm commitment yet.

I've been doing well with my eating this week. I'm looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else!
Old 07-20-2002, 08:32 AM   #154  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

Hi everyone. Well I had a 3lb loss for the week. Gennel I want to set a 10 lb goal for next time too ok. I think keeping my goal at 10 makes me work a lot harder to get there. Hope everyone had a loss for the week. Take care. Di
Old 07-20-2002, 08:56 AM   #155  

hello all!
Journaling has come to my rescue again. I have not done LOTS of exercise, but a fair amount but i have to say i have kept real close track of my "points" of food. I am DOWN 2# this week!!!
thanks all!

thinlizzie
Old 07-20-2002, 10:14 AM   #156  

Well, I'm down one more pound this week! Woohoo! That's a total of 6.5, and exceeds my goal of 5 lbs. Most importantly, I finally got started losing weight seriously after months of dithering. I only have another 25 lbs or so to go, but I could just never get going.

For my next challenge, I'm afraid I will be setting a modest goal of only 2 pounds. I will be on vacation a large part of this upcoming challenge, and I've already cashed in on the initial spurt that comes with starting a program.

Good luck to everyone else on the weigh-ins!!!
Old 07-20-2002, 12:05 PM   #157  
determined chick!

Talking ThinLizzie

WOO HOO ThinLizzie! Great job on the 2 lb loss. I find that journaling helps me a great deal too. Both with a food and exercise journal that I have and a regular journal I also keep. I'm glad to find that I'm not the only one who finds journaling beneficial in this weight loss journey. I miss your inspirational quotes! I hope you have a wonderful week. Di
Old 07-20-2002, 12:19 PM   #158  

Post Final Weigh in

Hi everyone.

I got up this morning and forgot to weigh in..So I quick ran upstairs for my final weigh in. I didn't think I would have a lose because I can't seem to find time to do anyting, but to my surprise I had a 2 pound lose I didn't reach my goal of 8 pounds but I did lose 5. In the last 2 challenges I have lost 15 pounds so I'm not feeling bad at all. I'm feeling very pround of myself Good luck to everyone and I hope we have another challenge. I'm just going to keep reminding myself slow and stead wins the race.
Old 07-20-2002, 02:37 PM   #159  

Hi...Miata here..lost 1.4 lbs... which makes it 4.8....so short .2 lbs...but i am happy!!!

bye for now

Kathy
Old 07-20-2002, 04:38 PM   #160  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone. On my way out the door. This was the first chance I had to get the computer away from DH. He lives on the computer on his days off. So my good news is that I have a 2 lb loss. I am too excited. I will shoot for 6 on the next challenge.

Talk to you later. kinarina
Old 07-20-2002, 05:26 PM   #161  

Hey there,
Good news to all the "losers"~~These challenges have been so helpful to keep us all on the right track...

YEA, KINA~~YGG ...2# of the f@t cell$ gone 4-ever!!!!!

GO, MIATA~~~ nearly got to your goal again!Proud of you!!

MANATEES~~~~~YGG! 2 more pounds gone 4-ever! So happy for you!!

YOYO MOM~~~Another pound of the F@T Cell$ gone off you too! Way to Go!!

GRIZZLYCHICK~~~3# loss????YGG!!! You must be following your new wol plan to a T!! Proud of you. Sorry i have forgotten to post some of the tidbits here lately. I put them on another thread i use too, so here are a few more to ponder...some really hit "home" and i cut them and print them to put on the fridge! EVERYONE ...keep up the good work and stay strong and hydrated in this summer heat.

Bye for now,
thinlizzie

What you get is not the game,
What you give has all the fame...
When you are happy is not the challenge,
When you make happiness has all the excellence...
Where you are loved is not the end,
Where you have loved takes all the pain...
Give more, make others happy,
And love shall be yours in any way...
--- Nor'Aidilza Omar -

" Anything you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must, absolutely must, come to pass."
--- Skip Bertman (LSU Baseball Coach)

" A drive for success is motivational and inspirational.
The process is painful and wearisome.
In the end, nothing can describe what it feels like to be productive."
--- Copyright © 2001 John Carmichael

" Don't complain, make the change."
--- Copyright © 2001 Vedran Saciragic
" The world is one big classroom,
Where experiences are your teachers
And choices are your tests.
The answers are up to you."
--- Copyright © 2000 Rebecca Helt

" Success is neither a long jump nor a high jump;
It's the steps of a marathon race."
--- Author Unknown --- Submitted by Ramesh Naidu --- New Jersey

" When we want to achieve something, the whole world helps us."
--- Paulo Coelho ---

" He who works hard achieves results.
He works smarter achieves double the results."
--- Copyright © 2001 L. Campbell

" The question is not what a man can scorn, or disparage, or find fault with;
But what he can love, value and appreciate."
--- John Ruskin ---

" Impossibility is the excuse of the impatient, unimaginative,
Or the apathetic."
--- Copyright © 2001 Josh Kuper

Old 07-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #162  

Default Weigh IN !

HiEverybody!
I was out all day since early this morning looking at home lots. We are thinking of moving a little further up north in Florida. I was sooo thrilled to get home and read the posts and hear about everyone's losses! Whoe!! We are a bunch of losers! lol

I remember someone mentioning a 3.5 lb loss? If I didnt add it to the chart ,please let me know! Well Here goes for our final Weigh in for this challenge! P.S. I will start the new thread late tonight or tomorrow morning! I will leave a last post here and have the link there Well I added up the total weight loss for this challenge and its 54.5 lbs we've lost in this challenge!!
By the way I lost 2 lbs!!! Putting me at 141 lbs! Woo Hoooo!!!!
I cant wait to see the 130's!

Gen...Goal 7.5 lbs..... Loss 7 lbs.

Grizzlyschick..Goal 10 lbs... Loss 14 lbs (goal reached!)

Fat angel..Goal 6 lbs... Loss 3 lbs.

Jacksonmom..Goal 8 lbs..

ladyslipper..Goal 6 lbs... Loss 1 lb

Kina..Goal 8 lbs... Loss 3.5

Thinlizzie..Goal 6 lbs..loss 2.5 lbs

Jen519..Goal..9 lbs.. Loss 6 lbs.

Appleblosom..Goal..7.5 lbs.. (maint)

Newsfiesara..Goal..8 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs.. Loss 5 lbs.

Msbillie..Goal..8 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Yoyo Mom..Goal..5 lbs.. Loss 6.5 lbs. (Goal For 4wk Challenge!)

Lanaii1..Goal 6 lbs..

Emaleyth..Goal 2lbs..

Miata1997..Goal 5 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Gen
194/141/130 (53 lbs gone forever!!!!) 11 lbs to goal!

" If you want to make your dreams come true,wake up"
Old 07-21-2002, 11:51 AM   #163  

Default OUR LAST POST In here(New thread,Link here)

Here is the new thread I started called ( Over 186 lbs lost! 4 wk challenge!)

Yes everyone so far we've lost over 186 lbs together! Probably a little more lol . Here's the link to the new thread! Please start posting there from now on

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18272

Gen
194/141/130
Closed Thread