Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Default Dreaded this day

But I knew it was coming, just didn't expect it to hit so soon.

For the last 5 days, I haven't noticed a change in the scale. Mine reads like 159 point something. Right now, stuck at 159.4. Every single day for the last five days.

I am calorie cycling, and maybe I am just down because today is a 1200 day for me.

I kicked my butt hard on the bike and treadmill yesterday because it was an 1800 day. I walked, ran and climbed with the incline on the treadmill and I pushed myself much harder on the higher resistance settings on the bike.

I thought maybe I could be stalling because I don't really take "breaks" from exercising. Some days I push harder, although I haven't pushed like I did yesterday, I am just trying to break this "plateau." Also, in reading really old threads from the site, apparently Jillian herself made an appearance here and she did reiterate what I had always thought. On even the low cal. days, take advantage and work out for even more of a more cal. deficit.

I log EVERYTHING I eat, weigh, measure, ad nauseum. I am one of those bread "freaks" and I found a brand at Walmart that is only 50 cals per slice so I had been eating a sandwich everyday for lunch on top of the whole wheat bagel at breakfast. Don't know if that is it, so today I stayed away from it except for the hoagie I had at dinner (like a homemade sub sandwich). Salt has always been my enemy and I just can't stomach the taste of it and almost never add it to anything, but I especially watch it now.

I don't know why I am so down about this today. The smart side of me says, KNOWS even that you can't lose every day or every week for that matter, but the impatient me is just ready to be rid of this extra weight once and for all.

My mom is having the same problem and she thinks we are building muscle. I just don't think that is it. Am I missing something else?
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

You are eating enough, aren't you?

Assuming you are, remember--you are building a body for life. Not just for the summer, not just for the next year. Not for any particular time but for ever.

I can't imagine how I'll feel in your shoes when it happens to me as I'm sure it will. Five days isn't that long. Don't despair. It has to come off eventually--if you stick to your plan.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Uh, that's frustrating! I've found that my weight loss comes in spurts. I'll pretty much be at the same weight for a week or even 2, then drop 2 or 3 pounds "overnight", so maybe that's what your body is doing. You could try changing up the types of foods you are eating, or eating more of your calories during the day instead of snacking at night (if that's what you do now...), drink more water, vary the numbers you're using for your calorie cycling. But it seems like you're doing great, so just stay on track and the scale will most definitely catch up!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #4  

Thanks Alana...I TRIED to prepare for it, lol. But you know, it's just one of those things that you can still never be fully prepared for. Actually, I made a mistake in my previous post, it has been about 7 days. I was able to mentally block out the scale and just keep going, but today I don't know why I decided to get so frustrated.

I do believe I am taking in enough calories, what equals out to about 1500 a day. I went over by 24 cals. a few days ago and then today I think I was about 26 under. I started out doing equal to 1471 a day but I decided to just round it up to the nearest hundred to make it easier.

And yes, I do agree wholeheartedly that this lifestyle will be forever; a teeny less stringent once I reach goal but I do intend on maintaining for life.

I know my thyroid levels are fine; I just had them checked last month and they were close to perfect. Another strong indicator is that I am able to do so much more physically than ever since being diagnosed and up and down with the meds for so long.

Thanks for your support I think I'm just gonna go take it out on the bike and treadmill
Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there! It WILL move again. I had several weeks where the scale didn't go down (and a couple when it went UP). Just keep working your plan, and it will drop.

Actually, you are lucky it happened at 159. Mine always seemed to be at a 0 or 1. I wanted so badly to break into the next "decade". It happened so many times that it seemed that God was teaching me patience

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-07-2009 at 08:11 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #6  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there! Posts like yours make me remember the horrid days of past when I weighed my self EVERY day. And was emotionally affected by the inevitable ups and downs of daily fluctuations.

You'll do well, so hang in there. If I were you, though, I'd pitch the daily weigh-in and just weigh in once a week. But that's just me. I'm sure you'll get no end of advice to weigh in daily, so you just have to find the path that is least aggrevating for you...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #7  

Thank you all for the encouragement

CountingDown, I just kept saying "oh, PLEASE don't go back up" over and over, haha. It did go up from 158 to 159. I haven't changed it yet on my profile. It said it and that weight was mine, if only for a day, LOL. But I can imagine how frustrating that must have been to be so close to another weight bracket and stall. Like TakingCharge said, I went from 163 to 160 practically overnight.

I am hoping that maybe it is just TOM for me. I always seem to gain about 3 lbs during that time starting about a week, sometimes 2 weeks beforehand. I haven't had one since April 12th and I attribute that to beginning rigorous exercise and a change in diet. But I usually have horrible PMS. Maybe the exercise and diet is actually helping that. Does anyone know if there is a zero calorie dark chocolate? lol

I guess I am just having a moment and need to move forward. I do feel better after the workout though.

Thanks so much again!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niecy View Post
I am hoping that maybe it is just TOM for me. I always seem to gain about 3 lbs during that time starting about a week, sometimes 2 weeks beforehand. I haven't had one since April 12th and I attribute that to beginning rigorous exercise and a change in diet. But I usually have horrible PMS. Maybe the exercise and diet is actually helping that. Does anyone know if there is a zero calorie dark chocolate? lol
Ummm... Have you taken a pregnancy test? If that's a possibility, 2 months w/o a cycle is a while.
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #9  

No, I haven't really thought about taking a test. The reason is, I have never been regular. Sometimes I skip 10 days, sometimes it is a month, sometimes even longer. I have kind of gotten used to it over the years. I think it is just my whacked up hormones. I do have to take thyroid medication, but I was told I possibly have PCOS also because according to tests, I am not even ovulating anymore but I am not in early menopause either.

I used to skip 6 months at a time when I was much younger. So after my husband and I got married, he got used to it to. We had been married about 8 months and one day, I found out I was almost 4 1/2 months pregnant, LOL! The only thing that tipped me off was I was sore in the chest area and I was cramping for weeks, but no period.

My GYN and I talked about birth control to regulate the cycles, but she just concluded that it would just throw the hormones off even more because the pill has thyroid hormone binding.

I'm a freak of nature, I tell ya, LOL.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #10  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niecy View Post
I don't know why I am so down about this today. The smart side of me says, KNOWS even that you can't lose every day or every week for that matter, but the impatient me is just ready to be rid of this extra weight once and for all.

The smart side of you is right. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't weigh for a week. Limit yourself to weekly weigh ins until you start to lose again. Think about how much your new life style is benefiting your body and your health. I know sometimes it seems like it's just about the numbers, but there's much more to it than that!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #11  

So this morning, I weigh myself and I found that one pound was gone! I haven't measured myself lately, so I don't know what my actual figure it doing. I DO notice that I have calf muscles, like REALLY good calf muscles. One is just a little bigger than the other though, lol. Maybe that is common with using stationary bikes.

I am going to TRY to take the advice here and stay off the scale for one week but it was killing me to take a peek this morning.

I can honestly say that I worked DANG hard for that pound.