Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #61  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

thistoo... that woman who is so thin and eats everything? She might be throwing up in the bathroom after she eats. Not saying she is, just that it's more of a possibility than people think...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #62  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
thistoo... that woman who is so thin and eats everything? She might be throwing up in the bathroom after she eats. Not saying she is, just that it's more of a possibility than people think...

Jay
If it was anybody else I'd agree. But this woman is really that small naturally, I'm pretty sure. I've seen pictures of her at 20 and now she's about 64, and she's always been the exact same size. Tiny, tiny, tiny.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #63  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I think we're all off topic here -- the OPs point was "why lose weight as I'm ugly anyways". Now, there are attractive people who carry some extra pounds (Tocarra, Delta Burke) and some attractive people who are at a healthy body weight. And there are even some facially unattractive people who are NOTED for their fashion sense and the way they present themselves, making them "striking beauties".
But if you take a person at a size 24, dresses impeccably with makeup etc. and take a photo, then take the same person at a size 8, dressed impeccably, I absolutely DOUBT that the size 8 person will appear less attractive.
Now I'm not talking about before and after photos for weight loss products. I'm talking about the average, normal person. And believe me, we are all pretty average in terms of looks!!! The Angelina Jolies are one in a million.

A healthy body, like it or not, makes a statement about a person which is invariably positive, and this positivity will influence the overall perception of the individual.

So the excuse that a healthy body won't make me have a better appearance is an excuse not to do anything. And I'm still waiting for links to photos to show otherwise!!!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #64  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You're right thistoo--sounds unlikely.

Sorry for the hijack!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I could show you my after picture...
I'm kinda the same way. I much prefer my face with a little more weight. However, I'll deal with that as it comes again and love the way that I look in clothing when I reach goal
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #66  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I think the throwing away clothing the person has an emotional connection to is often unnecessary and even cruel (come on, why do you have to throw away comfy "jammies" even if they look horrible.) On the other hand, anyone who agrees to go on the show, should be aware of the possibility. It's the trade-off for being on the show.

I agree with you kaplods.

I had this IDENTICAL thought when watching that home show the other night--the one where they give a needy family a new place to live. I was very much bothered by children watching a wrecking ball go through a home they have lived in for several years. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and I thought it was way unnecessary.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I think the throwing away clothing the person has an emotional connection to is often unnecessary and even cruel (come on, why do you have to throw away comfy "jammies" even if they look horrible.) On the other hand, anyone who agrees to go on the show, should be aware of the possibility. It's the trade-off for being on the show.
I have mixed feelings about that. Some of these people are so delusional, it takes that to break through. That would, nonetheless, be unacceptable justification, except that people agree to be on the show.

However, I have the sneaking suspicion that if they just threw all the old clothes into a holding bin, most people would actually agree to throw them out after the whole makeover experience. But maybe not. I mean, most of the people really love their makeovers and really get that they looked sloppy before - but habits die hard and somehow we get emotionally attached to the unworthiest clothes.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #68  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I think I'm one of those people whose face actually looks worse since losing weight. The loss was very unkind to my eyes and chin.

Even with that I wouldn't change a thing about my weight loss. I've been maintaining for nine months now and the absence of those 130 pounds still thrills me and brings me happiness every single day.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #69  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
However, I have the sneaking suspicion that if they just threw all the old clothes into a holding bin, most people would actually agree to throw them out after the whole makeover experience. But maybe not. I mean, most of the people really love their makeovers and really get that they looked sloppy before - but habits die hard and somehow we get emotionally attached to the unworthiest clothes.
I've only watched the show a few times, but I do love how they work with women of all body types. And in every episode I've seen the women have been thrilled with their makeovers and new clothes.

I agree re getting attached to "the unworthiest of clothes" (great way to put it, ha). I've done that, and worn something to death, then looked at pics of me in them a year or so later and said to myself, what was I thinking???
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

On the topic of people whose "before" pictures look better than their "after" pictures...no, I don't know a single person who looked better obese than in a healthy weight range. However, I know MANY people who, in my opinion, would look way better if they had stopped ten pounds higher than where they actually did.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Su-Bee, I agree. Many times I have looked at the series of weight loss photos here at 3FC and thought that the next-to-last picture was best.
letstryitagain is offline   Reply With Quote